A moving nightmare!

I hired Low Cost Movers to move a few expensive items of furniture. They made us post $100 on a credit card to confirm the appointment, I'm sure they weren't happy there were only 7 pieces of furniture, but they took the job. I was quoted $277, which I had no problem paying.They were supposed to call when they were 20 minutes away which did not happen. They called when they were sitting in the driveway. I arrive home shortly after since I literally work 8 minutes from home. One of the movers I'll just call him Little Man clearly had an attitude from the beginning, the other mover was fairly pleasant. Little Man had us sign a waiver and then went on to tell us how they won't move any furniture from Ikea or furniture which is made from pressed wood, so Buyers beware if your furniture came from Ikea you are not good enough to do business with Low Cost Movers! The nerve. Here's the ironic thing. Little Man proceeded to dismantle my furniture! They don't want to touch any furniture which had to be put together but now he wants to dismantle all the furniture, go figure. I refused to let him take the legs off of a desk which I paid $1000 for, I told him, it was delivered with legs and I will not let you disassemble any of my furniture. He also attempted to remove the legs from my cocktail table, end tables and sofa table which by the way the legs do not come off. In the beginning I laughed at him because I knew he couldn't get them off in the end I realized he was *** bent on taking my furniture apart in an attempt to run the charges up. They bring shrink wrap and tape which they charge extra for which they don't tell you until they arrive. I repeatedly asked Little Man not to remove the legs from my desk and he just ignored me and kept trying to remove them. Finally, I began to yell at him what part don't you understand about what I am saying. Eventually, Little man threw a tantrum, ran out the door called his boss crying "they won't let me do my job!" Needless to say I would not allow him to re-enter my home and I wasted a half day off work. BTW the other mover was pissed, he said it was unnecessary to remove the legs off the furniture too. Don't use Low Cost Movers! It will cost you in wasted time and un-necessary frustration.
ID
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article