Awesome Service with LOUD Security!

We have had LOUD Security System in our restaurant since the day we opened. LOUD worked with us to make sure we had the correct systems in place to protect our new investment, employees and customers. They came out prior to opening and did an evaluation of our site and provided recommendations on the best system to fit our needs. Once we were open LOUD came back to make sure everything was running smoothly. Whenever we have had questions or needed to add additional security to our store, LOUD has provided outstanding customer service at an affordable price. As we continue to open up other stores, we will to use LOUD Security! I would highly recommend LOUD Security for your business or residential home!

Loud Security Security System Review

Loud Security has always delivered for us.

Great Company

I have been using Loud Security for years and I have never had a problem that could not be handled. I am currently on my fourth system (3 homes and a businesses total). I will say that I have had a system that stopped working after almost 10 years of use, but I had the warranty plan and I was able to use that to get it repaired. I think it cost me $12 and a couple of hours away from work to get my entire system replaced. The customer service rep and the tech were both top-notch. Overall, if you are looking for a security company in the greater Atlanta area, I would highly recommend Loud to all of my family and friends.
Kennesaw, Georgia
Loud Security Security System
Pros
  • Service

Loud Security Defective Product Deceptive Contracts

I purchased my home in July 2003 and the home was already wired for a Loud Security system of Loud Security at 975 Cobb Place Blvd in Kennesaw, GA, John Loud, owner. I I called the company and asked them to turn on the monitoring service for the system in my home. The system repeatedly malfunctioned. When I asked for a technician to come repair my system, Loud Security asked me to take time off work and wait at home for a technician because the technicians were not available after business hours. When the technician came to my home he told me that he didn't bring the necessary equipment to repair the malfunction and stated that I would have to schedule an additional appointment for him to come back with his tools. Again, I took time off work to accommodate his schedule. The technician informed me that he must secure payment from me before leaving my home the second time despite the fact that he STILL did not correct the problem. I called the company and spoke to the owner, John Loud. I informed him of all the problems and asked if he would help me. He stated that I should go to the internet, download the manual and figure it out myself. At that point, I gave up and simply stopped using the system. Loud Security continued to collect payment despite the fact that I had informed them the system didn't work. In March of 2007 while remodeling my home, the security system malfunctioned making loud, erratic noises. My husband called Loud Security to ask them to completely disable to system and terminate the service. They offered to send more technicians to our house but we declined since they were never able to correct any problems over the past four years. Loud Security asked my husband to confirm the termination with me since the system was in my name. I also called and asked the company to terminate the service. Unfortunately, they continued to bill me and drat my account for an entire YEAR. When I complained about the unjust billing to their office on February 15, 2008 LOUD Security informed me that they would not terminate my account without a 60 day written request and would still bill me through July 2008 because my "contract" runs July-July and AUTOMATICALLY renews if I do not cancel it (which I had TWICE)! I sent a written request to them within minutes the very first time anyone requested it of me on 2/18/2008 informing them that their product was defective and had been completely nonfunctional for a year. . The owner, John Loud, now informs me that I owe ANOTHER year of payments (until July 2008) because I am still under a "contract". Loud Security will now effectively charge me for) 16 months for a system that has been completely non-functional and that I have requested FOUR times to be terminated. I understand there is a contractual agreement between me and Loud Security. The terms of the agreement are they supply a functioning security system and I pay them for it. Loud Security NEVER provided me with a functioning product yet billed me for FIVE years! They were aware that my system malfunctioned constantly and never corrected the problem yet billed me MORE! When I have approached them about their defective product and their inability to correct it, Loud Security simply reminds me that I “signed a contract” and offer no solutions or refunds. An internet search on Loud Security reveals multiple complaints against them for forgery, fraud, bogus contracts, deceptive marketing and unjustified liens on personal property, not to mention multiple lawsuits by John Loud against his own clients!

We also purchased a home that had a Loud Security system installed. Our purchase was in 2006.

After 6 years we called to cancel the service and was told we had to email the cancellation. The email was not sent and again another bill arrived so we paid and made another call to cancel. Once again we were told we had to send an email. We sent and email in addition to the call.

We made a subsequent call requesting a refund on monies owed for over payment and was told we would not be refunded amount over paid and in fact since we did not cancel before the "renewal" we owed them ($99.00). We refused to pay for a so called renewal for a 2006 purchase and now we are in 2012 and had requested the cancellation more than a quarter ago. Loud Security has filed a law suit for the $99.00 + late fees + court cost, when we should have sued them for the less than $100.

00 owed us but decided it was not worth the expense. STAY AWAY FROM the scam never ending LOUD SECURITY CONTRACT.

Unfortunately this is a very one-sided story.

The customer leaves out a few facts that are critical. The first is that the customer ignores the fact that the bought a house with pre-existing equipment already in it. They owned their equipment and this was not a brand new installation that would be under warranty. The customer also specifically declined the warranty maintenance plan. Without a warranty, or warranty plan, the customer should expect to pay for service just as they would with any product from a cell phone, to a dishwasher, or even a car.

As a second point, the customer states that we are not available after business hours. This is a blatant lie as we are available 24 hours per day 7 days a week, including all holidays. With that said, the customer was trying to get us to come out for free and we are not available for FREE after-hours or on weekends for a system that is not under warranty.

The third point is that while the customer was remodeling their home, the security system did not malfunction as stated, but rather they had obviously cut through a necessary wire or damaged a component of the security system causing the issue on their own (once again they wanted us to fix it for free).

The bottom line is that the customer bought a house with a product that had problems. Afterwards, the customer insisted that we fix all of their problems at no cost and on their time frame. This simply is not possible for any business or they will go out of business. At any time, the customer could have purchased a maintenance plan that would have included the service they desired, but the consistently refused to do so.

Best defense is to never sign a contract for alarm monitoring service. That way, you are always in control, not the security company.

EMC Security is one in the Atlanta area that does not require contracts.

View more comments (2)
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article