Executive Director of Los Cabos Intl. Film Fest

Look at what claims for "losses" are: $0.00 Not a penny has been accepted, or spent. So what is the complaint. Having been a participant in hundreds of film festivals, I want nothing less than the 40'year time proven performance of the Telluride Film Festival. That requires an underwriter such as; a Ralph Lauren, who has underwritten Telluride from the beginning. Such a partner might come along someday,maybe not, but we won't settle for less. If ever I find the right partner, we will continue to seek sponsorship from the U.S. That's always been our goal. Tom Bower, Executive Director Los Cabos International Film Festival
Los Angeles, California

The fraud needs to stop

Mrs. Marysia Miller of the Los Cabos International Film Festival contacted the owner of our blog to demand that we retract our story about the festival. She threatened us with a lawsuit which of course, they had no claim or money to persue. We were already aware that she had threatened other online magazines to remove negative comments from their sites and Mrs. Miller prevailed. They have the comments removed and then continue their pursuit of fraud. There have been no apologies to anyone they have damaged. They never apologized for the criminal, Ms, Anne Metcalf who was, or still is working for them. They did not apologize to the worldwide networks of Nayzam, LinkdIen, Facebook, and Plaxo, for the fraud that was presented on their sites as well as the world who was exposed to this fraud. They did not even apologize to the person in the reports directed at the fraud. This fraud by Anne Metacalf and the Los Cabos International Film Festival was an obvious attempt to (kkep her) and gain funds at the hands of a *** artist, Ann Metcalf. We, as our blog is aware, that Mrs. Marysia Miller has had to gain real employment instead of "Support Us Today" on their website, which is disgusting. We also found that the corporation, MBM International had the address of their faux attorney's representative, who is NOT an attorney, but the wife of Tom Bower who only works as a gopher. The other address on the corporation is the residence of none other than Marysia Miller, which she is losing this residence as we speak. No doubt she will change this information as she does everything else. What's your excuse? Where are your apologies? There will be no apologies as they will seek to hide and then continue to fool people. How many times can you split up your website on your webpage to try to cover up your fraud without apologizing? How much time do you spend trying to recover a Facebook fan when one deletes itself very fast from your fan list? That's how much time you have? Apparently a lot of time since you tagged us three times in 72 hours. Go to counseling. The film festival's other gopher, Brian Blackburn, is one who needs constant attention and seeks popularity, at any cost of another. A person who we have never seen a picture of without a drink in his hand, which our staff has saved all pictures and commentary. On April 3, 2011, right after a report of fraudulent behavior came out about the film festival, he wrote on his my space that the failure of the festival was due to the bad publicity of the drug wars. How much fraud can one handle? How disgusting to use a national tragedy to their favor when this tragedy is nowhere near Los Cabos? It's one fraudulent statement after another and will use anyone or any means for the almighty dollar. Look at the dates and the manipulation. Los cabos has no problems with their fishing tournaments, drug wars etc, including corporate jets and celebrities who continue to vacation there, but have no interest in this fraudulent enterprise known as the Los Cabos International Film Festival. This fraud needs to stop. Out of respect for the general public and those who have been damaged, by all means Mrs. Marysia Miller, keep the day job you are dreading and be grateful you have a job while it lasts, if it is at all possible that you have the ability to be grateful for anything. Corporate responsibility of fund raisers; check all criminal records of your employees, including volunteers. And she still wanted this criminal to sell sponsorships after eveything and all criminal records were brought forth months prior. Get real Marysia Miller.
Guatemala, Guatemala

A string of lies

I contacted the Los Cabos International Film Festival 4 months ago. I was inundated with requests for funds for sponsorship and other funds for the foundation. I was a bit taken back with the ferocity and anxiousness of the requests. As I researched the company on Google and came across the Rip off Reports I was relieved that the reference was there and the apparent, and not contrary to my initial gut feelings about this company. I asked the company many questions, including what happened to the release of the movie listed on their twitter. I received mumbled answers. I asked what happened to their series of smaller versions to open on November 5th, 2010. I received what I believe, is to be lies. I asked about the directors of the film festival's financial status, I received what I believe again, to be lies. I did not ask the film festival about the rip off reports on Google. They never mentioned to me about any lawsuits or any other problems with the company. They just appeared anxious for cash. I asked the company about several negative posts I had read about them. These reports were written by unhappy customers on online magazines regarding their lack of performance and basically lying to people. I made mention that I had read the reports, but the reports had been removed by the festival. They had no answer. I searched their website and contacted Capital Strategies, the company who is apparently handling sponsorships. I was told by the director of that company that they had not been handling sponsorships for the film festival for 6 months and they were unaware that the film festival had them listed on their website as providing the service. They are still listed on the film festival's website as of today, 8 month later. I called the phone number that was on the rip off reports of what was called the criminal working for the film festival @ 619-819-****. She is still listed as the employee 1 year later I called the film festival's phone number they have newly listed in the yellow pages and the phone number is listed as invalid. I drove by the office in West Hollywood that they have listed only to find that that is not their office space. I suppose you can take a picture of anything and post it anywhere. I would exercise extreme caution in dealing with this company, or really not dealing with them at all. In the end I found that any company who was not willing to offer a written apology to the damage done in the Rip off reports I read on Google, would do the same to me.

Hey DA,We went to this 3 story office building and they all had suite numbers. This festival doesn’t have a suite number on their listing.

They were not located inside any of the offices or around the area. The picture had been removed from the listing after your posting, at least for now. The picture was missing the name of the building, MB Scott Building, which was right on top. They have the same new listing in Merchant Circle and the Yellow Pages.

They had these same listings last year but pulled them because of negative comments.We called the leasing company for the building ADR Properties 818-884-**** and they said there are no tenants and have never been any tenants under the name MBM International or……….Los Cabos International Film Festival Not Rated | Write a Review8721 W Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069(3**) **5-0838 We called Capital Strategies in LA and they said the same thing to her that they were not handling the sponsorships anymore. They didn’t want to get into much.See ya,Boz.

Dallas, Texas

About

Summary

Los Cabos International Film Festival works in sphere of art and culture, developing artistic expression via organizing different public events, such as exhibitions, festivals, laboratories, workshops and conferences. With its help film makers and producers can find sponsors and get additional possibility to communicate with their viewers. Los Cabos International Film Festival actively encourages appreciation and support from a broad spectrum of audiences. Its executive director, being a former actor and producer with a lot of experience in film industry, has created this festival as a summary of his knowledge that can promote young talented people and help them achieve their dreams in the art of film making.

Los Cabos International Film Festival reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article