Missing items from luggage

I had a light up cup and a light up star wars toy and a light up ice cube in my check in luggage. the star wars toy and the ice cube did not make it home with me. At first I thought they were taken because of the electronic aspect of it but if that was the case they should have taken the cup as well. So was there a reason for taking these items or were they stolen? And if taken for security reasons the cup should have been taken as well as it is a bigger electronic light up item. Also if LAX is going to remove items from our luggage they should put a card or letter in our luggage explaining why they were taken. It does not make sense to take two small electronic items but leave the biggest electronic item in the luggage. If one is a threat than all should have been a threat. And considering that Disney land and universal studios has all kinds of light up toys and specialty items like the cup, ice cube and star toy there would be a specific warning about them being in your luggage. A lot of money to spend just to have LAX staff take certain items and leave other items with no explanation or reason as to why. I am just perplexed why the cup was ok but the smaller items were not. The above really did not *** me off it just annoyed me what pissed me off is when I tried to file this complaint on their complaint web page it would not let me.
ID
Dayton, Washington

Lax and wheel chair service

i let my blind mother and her assisant of at terminal 3 instead of terminal 5. when i tried to get them to terminal 5. the airport person that was helping to push my mother said she can not go out side of terminal 3. i said, is there any way i can get my mother to terminal 5.she said that she can only help me in terminal 3, sorry i can not help you. i said i would have to go all the way back to the parking lot. she then turned and walked away. i left my mother and her aid at terminal 3 ran the parking lot got in line to go out paid my 3 dollars. got my car back to termonal 3, but could not find my way to the upper level so i parked at lower level ran up stairs to where they were but could not find them, then ran back to my car. i asked a person in a dark blue uniform is there any way he could run up stairs to see if there is a person in a wheelchair there? he said no this is his post he can leave, sorry i can not help you. the person with a flag at the cerb said i have to move or your car will be towed. i said to myself just done with out my car. i guess the look of pure panic caught the eye of a passing polic man, he said is something wrong. I said i can not find my mother and her aid they were on the upper level but if i go and look for them again they will tow my car. he said their not going to tow your car, stay here i will help. about 5 minutes later my mother arived with her aid and an airport person pushing her. i got my mother from the wheelchair in to the car, loaded the bags, drove to treminal 5. got a wheel chair, unload bags, got my mother from car to wheel chair, jumped back to the car, got in line get into parking lot, parked car, ran back to terminal 5. i was to slow i missed my 11:40 flight. how do i find a way to together my totaly crushed heart and soul when it was me who missed my aunt's funeral in new york. i am familure with, it was not invented here and it's not my job. but there has to be some can do people at lax. with proper training many thing can get much better. if there was a card that a employee could hand out and say call this number some there will help you. or that person over there will help you. or stay here i will see if there is anything i can do. even if it took an hour to transfer a wheelchair person from terminal 3 handed off to 4 then to terminal 5, i would still hav 40 minutes i could have still have made my flight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't drop your mother off at the wrong terminal to start with.

ID
Los Angeles, California
Pros
  • Doa
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Airline Expert Talks

Airlines making masks optional | How to travel safely this season?

May 25, 2020

Is it safe to not wear a mask on a plane? Jamie Larounis, a travel expert with The Forward Cabin, explains the new mask-optional policy, its impact on airlines and passengers, and whether COVID testing is required.

Jamie Larounis
Jamie Larounis

Jamie Larounis is a travel industry analyst with the Upgraded Points who shares tips on hotels, airlines, trains, and loyalty programs.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article