Lounge optical told me i had to choose frames from a medicaid line.

I had a spenddown of $122. cash that I paid. They gave me a choice between plastic frames or purple wire frames. The others were for children. When I called medicaid to find out about the policy they said I was paying I could choose frames that I wanted. When I called them back they said first that medicaid pays 89 dollars for frames. I was never told that 2 yrs. ago, when I told them I wanted to choose frames that were going to last and not rust like my other pair they change d their tune and said my 122 dollars was going toward my 90 dollar charge for no-line bifocals. I was not told that until i called. When I mada an appt. for eye exam they said that the doctor had to make sure he was paid first before he could see me. I asked since when do have customers come in and pay before the appt.? They treated me so bad i felt like a low person. I paid taxes for many years and worked hard. I now need help. Why would they treat a human being like that? I am so pissed.

don't know why this posted as springfield mo. Our offices are in Fort Wayne Indiana

I want to make sure that no one associates what we are doing at the real original Longe optical in Fort Wayne with these comments. And Sheila Clarke (if you see this please contact me at the Southtown Longe personally and I would like the opportunity to make sure that you have a renewed better experience with our offices). Please remember that outide of Fort Wayne those offices have nothing to do with us in Fort Wayne.

Longe Optical does not even see spend down Medicaid patients so I think the person complaining about Longe must have some other axe to grind or is mistaking Longe Optical for one of the other optical companies on that street.

The person complaining about Longe Optical must be delusional. I have never been treated more fairly or with more dignity and respect (I have Medicaid also).

I observed, first hand, how very nice the optometrist and the ladies who work there are.

They were dealing with a mentally handicapped individual and were extremely kind and considerate of him. I was very impressed with the excellent customer service they provided and would not go anywhere else.

CONNECTION, BROUGHT A PAI R

OF GLASSES A YEAR AGO SINCE THEN THE FRAMES HAVE BEEN REPAIRD 3 X'S, THE

LENS HAD TO BE REMADE,THE HING BROKE,THE LAST TIME WAS TOLD COULD NOT BE

REPAIRED,I REQUESTED THE FRAME BE REPLACED WAS TOLD COULD GIVE ME A 30%

DISCOUNT,THEN 40 (I FELT SINCE ALL THE ISSUES THEY COULD HAVE AT LEAST

REPLACED THEM FREE, I ALSO HAVE BEEN A LOYAL CUSTOMER FOR APROX 15 YEARS.)

NOW I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR 3 WEEKS FOR THE FRAME TO COME IN, I HAVE STOPPED

BY THE SOUTH LOCATION TWICE, WAS TOLD NOT IN, I HAD RECEIVED NO PHONE CALL

ON THE STATUS,SO QUITE DISAPOINTED ON THE CUSTOMER SERVICE, WENT IN

YESTERDAY, WAS TOLD BY THE RECEPTIONIST "NOT IN YET",NO I WILL CONTACT

YOU,JUST LIKE A NOT MY PROBLEM ATTITUDE. SO TO SAY THE LEAST NOT FEELING

LIKE A LOYAL CUSTOMER SHOULD OF BEEN TREATED .I HOPE OTHER LOCATIONS DO NOT

TREAT THIER CUSTOMER IN THIS MANNER & HOPEFULLY THIS IS A ISOLATED INCIDENT.

SINCERLY,

SHEILA CLARKE

View more comments (4)
ID
Mattoon, Illinois

About

Summary

Longe Optical is an Indiana company which offers eye care services and eyewear products. Here people can make an eye exam and obtain recommendations concerning further vision treatment. Longe Optical executes Lasik surgery consultations and operations, glaucoma management, macular degenerations care, cataract surgical co-management and diabetes eye care management. The company is more than 30 years old and has a production line of eyeglasses, contacts and sunglasses which are chosen individually for every patient. The lenses are of three types: single vision, bifocal and invisible and are categorized by different prices. Longe Optical provides a two year warranty for the represented eyewear produced by the famous brands. There is contact information on the official site through which clients can make an appointment.

Longe Optical reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article