London School of Modelling Reviews

Show reviews that mention
scam drama schools portfolio photos agencies school people industry model attend drama
Filter review

Total

After having my photos taken, I was taken into a room to review them. She was trying to sell me my portfolio images, way over priced. She spoke to me like I was a child and I was crying because she made me feel that small. She then told me to go out the back as she didn't want anyone to see me crying, pretty much threw me out. This was a few years ago now, put really put my confidence down, I no longer want to be a model, I am now a professional photographer and I know what they were are maybe are still doing is a scam!
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Short Review on March 06, 2017

This is discusting, they make you believe things that aren't true!
Reason of review
Bad quality

They are NOT a scam.

I would just like to point out that the London School Of Modelling' are a school that tell you all the aspects you need to know and teach you everything in order to start your modelling career. Hence the word 'school'. Their job is not to make you a model, just like a schools job isn't to make you become something, it's job is to teach you something. For example, many dancers / actors and singers attend drama schools in London such as Italia Conti. Most drama schools cost around £3000 to attend for 3 years. Throughout the course of these three years they 'teach' you how to be a good dancer e.t.c. At the end of these 3 years you then go onto different agencies where you are still not guaranteed a job. Just like by attending the London School Of Modelling, you are not guaranteed to become a model because they ARE NOT a modelling agency and they point this out very clearly when they ask you to come down for they day. You have a fair point by saying that modelling is natural, however so is dancing and acting but why do people attend drama schools and pay out all that money? It's because i doubt very much that they will get anywhere by having no experience and not learning the in's and out's of their career. This is exactly the same as becoming a model. Yes if you're model material it is natural but surely you need to learn how to pose / walk down the catwalk and learn what it's like to be in the modelling industry to actually become one? Thats exactly what the London School Of Modelling does. They are not going to let you come for free for a full use of their studios, cameras and clothes are they? Of course it's going to cost! Just like everything does in this world! NOTHING IS FREE. The pictures may seem a lot of money, but who says you have to buy them? I think you're all taking this too seriously and expecting the london school of modelling to fulfill your dreams and career but unfortunately that is not their job. Stop having high expectations and being so tight and just have fun! I have been asked to go to the london school of modelling this saturday. I have only been charged £40.00 because apparently i was short listed. I am really looking forward to going for a fun day of getting my hair done / make up done and getting dressed up. After my day i will comment on here again to let you know if i have changed my mind.

Review about Modeling Payment

The LSM is a scam. My daughter lost a small fortune which we could not afford and are still paying! I said we were new to this industry and we got well n truly conned. They should not be allowed to operate in this way!

TOTAL RIPP OFF AND *** ARTIST

Had my photos taken there on purpose to assess how they operate. It's a disgrace. They treat you like nothing (strategic plan to making you believe they have power) THEY ARE ALL STUDENT WORKING THERE, so nobody gets paid for making you believe you will deal with professionals. You photo shoot is an utter scam parade. The photos are sent to India to get airbrushed for 1p and come back like you've been through waxing shower. They employ freelance wannabe failed celebs to be there and making you believe that if they are there, then so can you. They'll present you with ASTRONOMICAL packages such as £3000 but then reduce them to £1000 if you pay on the day. Who pays £3000 for a portfolio ? you, why, because they make you believe that by the following week, you'll get signed up for big contracts. AVOID AVOID AVOID please DO NOT enrich those people who should be in jail. AND BY THE WAY, there are no such thing as modeling, school, if you have it, you don't need it, Models are naturals. And if anything, the ones that are eligible to give you advice, are the agencies themselves, the ones that signed you up.

Hi

I have never been to this place, but i just want to comment on you saying there is no such thing as a modelling school - i was a model for 10 years internationally and have shot for most of the top mags - i can tell you now its very difficult to just have the look and stand in front of the camera it took me years to learn how to do it - everyone needs training, if youre not pulling off the pictures on a photoshoot you wont be hired - its as simple as that!

Hi there Iv just received a tex regarding my daughter to go on a modelling day but luckily I used to do it myself so I Khow u don't need to part with any money if a reputable agency represents you as they Khow they can make money off u so normal protocol is that they do the photo free although u can get your own portfolio but don't pay *** money-If u have it someone will spot it but u need to be in the city or London to hopefully meet one of the model scouts walkin rd! Either way good luck to anyone and remember u can promote yourself through the power of the Internet ! Also the agency had just called me and Iv just repeated what Iv just said he's calling me back as Iv explained I'm a single parent.!

PLEASE PLEASE can somebody advise me on what to do.I have a daughter who was 13 at the time of having photographs taken at LSM and I got sucked up into buying her portofolio which worked out to £2570

@PissedConsumer937242

Dont pay it brina its a full on scam!

Just to say, I experienced the same deal with Kube Studios in London: student amateur photographers, *** MUAs, and a load of smooth-talked bollocks when they come to sell you your photos at a complete rip-off price. I learnt the (very) expensive way, should have known better, and will not be repeating the mistake.

DO NOT go near them. I am now with an agency, whose comments when I showed them the images taken at Kube, was that they were not worth the byte-space they were using up; completely worthless as portfolio pics.

I just got a call today and they are changing me money for a day 200£ i have had scam already but i am aware now not to go again for the agency who ask money

London school of modeling is very unprofessional and told us that my sons application was successful. Wow wee.

They then said we must phone back by 6.40pm to confirm a date for training otherwise they wouldnt except our application. Who do they think they are ordering me to call back with credit card details.scammers.Very patronising and i feel sorry for anyone who has been conned by these money grabbers.

50 quid an image and much much more after. Thank God we wernt fooled.

Has anyone cancelled monthly payments to lsm because they found out it was a rip off???

It's funny that an 'employee' of LSM has to come onto this post to 'justify' their scam. If it wasn't a scam, you wouldn't need to post your 'good feedback'.

I think slander is a bit of a strong word, if this many people have made complaints then it's obviously not the 'students' that are in the wrong? But then again, they have to try and salvage what is left of their reputation by posting successful testimonials on a site dedicated to warning people about their scam. Funny that!!

Of course, no one is promised work, that is a given, but pressuring naive girls into believing they will be successful by paying £2,000 for a portfolio is just day light robbery.

Do not tolerate it, this is not a professional establishment. Seek legal advice, ha. What for?

People posting their TRUE experiences? From what I've read, (look into the mirror and radio times reviews too if you don't believe me, even they know it's not all it's made out to be!) I'm so glad I didn't go through with my application.

I applied yesterday for LSM and today I received a message saying I've been successful! Great, I thought.

So the girl on the phone blew my ear off for about 15 minutes about these so called "success stories" that assist you in your quest to be a model. I smelled a scam as soon as they started saying about their 'high quality, professional' studio in London. (I live 20 mins from their London studio address, and trust me on this, North Finchley is not glamorous.. Like they make it out to be..) so I was thinking as she was chatting endlessly without even taking a break to breathe, "how long until they tell me the fees." She says " normally, it's £95 for the 6hr session where you have your hair and make up done by professionals that have worked for vogue and glamour magazine, (why would they work in a scam studio in North London if they are such 'high flying professionals') I kept her sweet on the phone, and before even trying to get a word in she says "we need payment today to confirm your booking.

Today I will do it for £40 and that can go towards your photos and portfolio. Yeah right. I am a photographer, and I wanted to try out life on the other side of the camera, and trust me, what they are asking for in terms of printing, editing and portfolio creation is completely wrong. It doesn't cost no way near the amounts I have read people have paid to create a portfolio.

I'm sorry but it is an absolute disgrace and I am glad I didn't call her back once she was getting pushy for my card details... Since not calling her back they have called me another 4 times, no doubt to chase up the payment of my hard earned cash.

PLEASE LADIES, DO NOT APPLY, DO NOT PAY THEM A SINGLE PENNY. It's funny how they get so pushy when you say you don't think you should have to pay that much for something I KNOW costs WAY less than what they say.

View more comments (18)
London, England
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article