Patient-Hostile Environment at Logan (Utah) Regional Hospital Ultrasound Lab

It usually takes a lot to drive me to actively complain about an experience, but when that experience reaches a certain level I feel that it is necessary to warn others. My doctor referred me to the Logan (Utah) Regional Hospital for an ultrasound test. What he didn't know was that this ultrasound lab often functions as a training facility. During a procedure in which any reasonable person would expect privacy, I experienced none. Hospital employees, trainees and even clerical personnel roamed into the procedure room, seemingly for no reason. Later I found out (from the chief of radiology) that this lab is also used as an EMPLOYEE BREAKROOM ... unbelievable! Because of the classroom-like nature of this lab I felt like a TRAINING DEVICE during the entire one hour procedure. Without going into too much ugly detail, I would describe the lab as a PATIENT-HOSTILE environment. All of the activity within the lab was directed toward training, not toward my comfort or well-being. I don't have an exact definition of "patient-hostile environment" but I KNOW IT WHEN I SEE IT! If you are referred to this lab for any tests you may first want to research the complaint history of the lab. Ask management why there have been so many "privacy issue" complaints. The bottom line ... in my opinion you can do much better than this lab.

Sounds like a failure of management at that facility.

I suggest you try Life Line Screening instead. I think you'll find them to be a much better choice.

View more comments (1)
ID
#208337 Review #208337 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Mesquite, Nevada

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article