Liz Top Cat Cat Review

Never buy from this breeder bad blood lines eye infections , respiratory infections and kidney problems. Higher prices for very sick cats.
ID
Product
Liz Top Cat Cat
Reason of review
Bad quality

Sold me a sick kitten and wouldn't pay the vet bill.

BUYER BEWARE!!! Although the kittens are cute I brought one home sick and didn't realize it until 2 days later when I had to take the baby to the vet and find out that she had an upper respiratory disease. She had very leaky eyes when I got her and she was very calm and didn't really do anything. I thought this was just how she was and according to Liz her eyes were normally like that, but the vet said otherwise. Cleaning out her eyes as many times a day that I was, was not normal. Also, she should be playful and not lay around all day (accorning to the vet). I called Liz at least twice about her eves being so leaky and she said that I wasn't cleaning out her eyes enough like she told me. I told her that I was doing it like 3-4 times a day. Then 3 days after I had her her eye got so full of puss that she couldn't open it. I called Liz and she said to just clean it out and I told her that she looks sick and that I am just going to take her to the vet. The poor baby had a temp of 104.4 and was diagnosed with an upper respiratory disease. I do not have other cats and the baby was not around any other cats after I brought her home, so it had to have come from the breeder's house. The vet put her on antibiotics and eye drops and she was better in jus a few days. She was so playfl after that!! I am glad to her feeling better now! I have contacted Liz several times about her condition durring this process with no response. She finally responded after I sent her 3 emails and asked for the letter from the vet and then the bill. I sent her a letter from the vet and the bill, but she refuses to pay it. Saying that it didn't come from her house. Saying that she discounted the cat and that should pay for the bill!!! I was not aware of a discount nor should that matter when I paid $750 for a sick cat, then had to pay a vet bill!!!!! Oh and I found out later that she was a week behind her shots when I got her!! I just want the bill paid for since she was sick when I got her.

I bought an adorable Blue Point Himalayan from this breeder in January of 2015. Unfortunately, I found that she had several congenital deformities and she finally passed away in July of 2017.

She was only 2.5 years old and her care cost me thousands and thousands of dollars. I thought I had done my homework but sometimes a kitten can appear perfectly healthy and yet be far from it. She had a health certificate with her contract but my Vet who examined her 2 days after I brought her home was very concerned and immediately sent her for specialist testing. The specialists determined that she had Congenital Herpes of the Eyes and that likely the entire litter had been infected in utero, as well as congenital kidney and lung malformations and an elongated palate that required immediate surgery.

I wish I had asked more questions about the health of Isla’s parents and if any genetic testing had been performed before the mating. The breeder had even confused which litter she was from until the day I arrived to bring her home which resulted in her leaving the Cattery at only 7 weeks of age instead of the 10 weeks I had been previously led to believe.

Isla was a beautiful kitten and deserved to live a long healthy life. This may have just been a series of unfortunate calamities that were beyond anyone’s control but I would advise anyone getting a kitten from her breeder or bloodline to ask more questions than I did.

I just bought a cat and I hope there's nothing wrong with him :( this is my 1st big buy so I will be heart broken if it was to good to be true :cry

Me too! Falsely advertises genetic testing.

Sold me a kitten with PKD. Cost me $6000 over 9 months as he slowly wasted away and died.

I contacted her to inform her of the condition and she said "oh yes, I knew that." Wow! My poor kitty only lived to be 6.

@PissedConsumer739922

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that! I purchased a kitty from her in 2007 and he only lived to be 9!

I tried and spent every dime I could to save his life. I brought him to 3 vets, ultra sounds, fluids, medications, NOTHING helped! They never could let me what happened with him just that his kidney started to fail but in the end his heart and lungs filled with fluids and that is what took his little life.

My friend also got a kitty from her about 6months later (because he loved our cat so much) and he died 3weeks before my cat did! He said he doesn't know what happened either, that it was so sudden and out of the blue!

Can't trust breeders anymore, I had a similar experience.

She should pay that vet bill! SHouldn't that fall under the Lemon Law or some sort of law??

View more comments (5)
ID
Tampa, Florida

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article