Long Island Veterinary Specialists (LIVS)

I brought in my 4 year old toy breed female dog who was pregnant, I thought she might require a c-section. The vet said she did and that everything would be fine and I should come back the next day to take home my dog and her puppy. Following the c-section, I was told everything was fine. Then at 11:30 at night I receive a phone call and I am told that the puppy died and my dog was also dying. They said she was walking around and just crashed. I got a second phone call a few moments later and I was told she was dead. When I went to pick up her remains the staff was rude and nasty all they wanted was the money before they would release her body. They charged me $3000 and gave me a dead dog and a dead puppy. Later, I found out that she would have been able to have her puppy naturally and they just wnated the money for the c-section and killed my dog. She is also a rare breed and is hard to replace. She was a show dog. I am heartbroken and I feel guilty about taking her in to such a place. This is an animal hospital who does not care of animals, only money.

These vets need to be exposed for what they are. They killed my dog with routine dental care I can't disclose what theu did as I have filed a lawsuit against them, let's just say they haven't a clue what they are doing and they truly don'tcare.No sorry no call period!!!!!

Marino has been getting away with this bill padding for much too long a time now. It's time the patients that he has screwed, killed their dogs doing unnecessary operations banned together and went after him.

There are agencies to make complaints. It would be helpful if the patients started posting these types of actions to warn other patients.

This sleaze is only interested in money, nothing more. He will sacrifice your pet to line his pocket.

@PissedConsumer682512

I agree...here is a website to file complaints/ www.op.nysed.gov/opd/complaint/ I am in the process of filing a complaint after they did surgery that resulted in the death of my dog...they did a ct scan and told me that she had a hernia..charged me for a radiology consult that I later found out did not happen...they did however, refund me for that charge but when the ct scan finally did get read it showed the mass..why they did a ct scan if they couldn't read it is beyond me, but now I'm left with nothing but a huge bill for a surgery that wasn't even complete.....I will not let this go

View more comments (2)
ID
New York, New York

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article