Numerous hearing aid repairs for same problem every time.

Went into Littlefields in Midvale because of ad in AAA magazine. My mom was told the hearing aids in the ad wouldn't work for her and was pressured to purchase over the ear hearing aids. She bought these but she didn't like. She wears glasses and the battery was too small for her to change out every other day. She decided she wanted the shell hearing aid and was told there would be an additional charge but that these were customized for her. Total spent: $4200.00. Had to be serviced 3 times because of "receiver going out." She purchased in 10/2012. Littlefield won't give us an explanation as to what is happening and are saying she isn't taking care of them. She never received instructions on care. She takes them out at night, doesn't wear them in shower and cleans them with the bristle brush they gave her to get rid of wax. She called 800 number for Littlefield and she is getting the same run around from them "you're not taking care of them correctly" bs. My mom is on a fixed income and as her daughter I am so mad. I feel Littlefield takes advantage of elderly. If I am wrong about this then they are not doing anything to compensate or make sure her aids don't go out again. All I and my mom want is a pair of hearing aids that work and you can wear instead of being in for repairs.

I brought my Mom and her hearing aids to Littlefield's in SLC and they bent over backwards to help her, even though we bought her hearing aids in Calif. They serviced and repaired many times at no charge.

They never pressured her to upgrade. When I need hearing aids (soon -as hearing loss is in my family) I am going to Littlefield's.

As part of her hearing aid fitting, they should have gone through all of the care with her. How to clean them, etc.

Did they do this? If not, I would recommend going back in for a refresher so they can tell you exactly what they think she is doing wrong.

I'm guessing it's just wax impaction in the hearing aids. That is the most common reason for the receiver to need repair.

View more comments (1)
ID
Midvale, Utah
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article