Liners Direct Reviews

Show reviews that mention
bathwraps tub area site problem bathroom wall home money plastic
Filter review

Bathwraps a Flake Company

Have been trying to schedule an appointment as middle man for the property owners for more than a month. Kohler doesn't return phone calls and when I was finally able to schedule a mutually agreeable date and time, they called less than 24 hours before the appointment to say that they were sorry, but their 'specialist' wasn't going to be able to make it and did I want to reschedule? Dah, no thank you. In retrospect and due to the fact that I've had the opportunity to read having read the other reviews on this site, we've decided to look for an alternate vendor to meet our needs. I guess it was a blessing in disguise.

19 yrs as a Liners Direct dealer

As a loyal dealer for roughly 19 yrs. my company has been told to go elsewhere. We spent $4-$5000 a month. Not good enough for these arrogant folks. Eric Bohner never bothered to help us increase our sales or even bother to introduce us to new products / colors as they became available. They chose to put their efforts into a gutter company in my area, instead of a dedicated bath remodeling company w an BBB A+ rating. These guys had me seeking help from the office staff for any new products or programs. I say good riddance to them. BTW, we had a lot of bowed shower floors, inconsistent tub specs. The materials are US made but by non English speaking workers. I wonder how many of these guys are promoted to higher positions in the company? Or does Bathwraps / liners direct enjoy the benefits of cheap, possible illegal, work force? Good luck to all you lucky Bathwraps dealers. If your working w these guys you’ll probably need it.
Roselle, Illinois
Work Experience or Job Application

Prairie Corner Shelf Review

Has anyone had problems with the Prairie shelves coming lòose or with caulking
Westby, Wisconsin
Bad quality

Review in Home Construction and Repair category from Brooklyn, New York

Watching their infomercial. Reading your reviews.. Thank you... I'll pass...

Never had an experience with Bath Wraps, and after reading your comments I do not intend too!

Thanks!

My mom saw this and said "That's exactly what you need!" I read the reviews, yep that and another hole in my head...These rip off companies that don't know what their doing. Thanks for the reviews. I would sooner just buy a ready made shower from home depot or Lowes.

View more comments (1)
Brooklyn, New York

They will take your money and charge you for taking pictures of your bathroom.

I called bath-wraps and they sent a rep. to take some pictures of the bathroom. He said he needed at lest $1400 to get started and that I could pay some each month until the final payment. The total bill was $2400. I call bath-wraps to see when they could start they told me that I would have to pay $800 and they would send another rep. to take some more pictures. I can't believe that It cost me$2200 just to take pictures and no work done. I called them back after the rep. left and asked when the work will be done and they told me that I have to come up with the rest of the money before they could start. I got mad at them and called them a thief and he sent me a check for $1200 and said that was for sending 2 reps to take pictures of the bathroom.

Send to attorney generak

Dude all home improvement projects require 1/3 down. What planet do you live on?

#1191691
@PissedConsumer1122423

Dude, no work equals a FULL refund. No excuses!

@PissedConsumer1191691

There's other things to consider of course: whether there exists a valid contract, verbal or otherwise, a breach in agreement, fraud (or attempted), etc. Either way Dude, apparently NO WORK was done after payment was made in good faith.

@PissedConsumer1122423

Uh, 1/3 of $2400 comes to roughly $799. Apparently this customer paid $2200 in total...

for ???

NO improvement. What planet do you live on?

View more comments (4)
Texas, United States
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Terrible Install

Decent product, horrible installation. The salesman promised way more than was actually delivered. Bought this product in 2008. It's held up decent so far (2014) but everytime I see the tub, I'm reminded of what I had and how this isn't what I wanted. Here's what went wrong. 1) The shower curtain bar was too short by 3 inches...so much for perfect measurements. They had to run to the store for a longer one. 2) The corner shelf-tower was installed in the wrong corner. They did install an extra tower in the corner so no real issues other than incompetence. 3) The towel bar was too close to the inner wall and had to be moved for the extra tower. A problem b/c it's plastic and you can't just fill the hole left. Fortunately 4) The install took two days....not really a problem but I was told one and that's what I expected. 5) The caulk had to be redone within 6 months. 6) The caulk needs to be redone again. I can see it's pulling away from the floor. 7) The plastic tub is not what I was looking for. I liked the design of the old tub and was told this product would match perfectly. It doesn't. 8) The thing that bugs me most is the mold that is growing on the corner and the edge. the main reason I wanted the old bath gone! Cleaning doesn't help....I've tried.

I love mine. Sounds like you bought a good product but was probably installed by poor sub contractors.

Thank you for your review. I was excited to come across the infomercial but wanted to check reviews...good thing I did. :)

Why are they still in business?

Thank you for saving me some money.Im sorry this happen to you. I'll stick to the cleaning.

If mold keeps reappearing at an edge, I'd be very concerned over what may be lurking underneath those "cover up" liners.

@Greenley Amt

That would be my concern too

View more comments (5)
Dallas, Texas

Bathwraps Dallas Senior Abuse

Horrible work was done by Bathwwraps on my parents home. These are rip-off artists of the worst kind. My mom contracted Bathwraps to install a tub and wall liner in their main bathroom for $3500. This is a high price for this amount of work. A Bathwraps employee measured the area and assured my dad that the liner would "fit like a glove". When it came time to install, a number of weeks later, the installer (who told my dad that he had been working for the company for 4 weeks) took the existing lino off the wall and some of the plywood that was behind, replaced the faucet/shower controls and put drywall up, without the existing shims that had been installed behind the original plywood. This caused the drywall to be recessed in relation to the surrounding wall. In order to bring it back flush with the surrounding wall, he used 5/8" thick strips of soft putty spaced about 8" apart on top of the drywall, which was supposed to support the flexible plastic liner. There is no way soft putty will properly support the thin, flexible wall liner. Then, he said there was a problem with the tub, and needed to call his supervisor. The supervisor came on site and told my dad that the tub needed to come out 1/2" in order for them to install the liner. Maybe they would have caught that when they measured?!? According to the supervisor, this would require removal and replacement of the tub with a new one, for an extra 700-**** dollars. He also said that the existing wall was too flexible. He said it was 1/4" plywood. My Dad said it was actually 3/8" plywood. After hearing that, the supervisor didn't say anything. He then said they would have to reschedule the work since the job scope had changed. He said he would call back at 8:30 the next morning. That was over a week ago. He also told my dad that he had two options, either pay them the extra money to finish the job, or cancel the work and they would leave the job as is. They are trying to pressure my parents into forking out more money for nothing.

this is A scam COMPANY....

#1205360

Good to know. Will look for another company. Thanks for the headsup!!

They measured the tub wrong to begin with and ordered the wrong liner for it. That is why the tub liner didn't fit.

As far as the putty you are referring to it is buytl tape and I assure you that wall will not come off one it is applied. It never hardens and allows the walls to flex which acrylic needs to because it reacts to hot and cold. If it binds when trying to flex it can and will crack. However using that much is ridiculous I double up half inch green board and never build out with buytl even though it will hold as a customer you are not used to being able to push on a wall and see it move.

That happens and needs to with acrylic but building it out like that makes it more noticeable. I would stop them from proceeding personally and have them refund everything you paid them since they messed up to begin with. Your tub replacement was their fault for ordering liner wrong so should be their expense not yours.

You need help with it txnili@***.com I've been working with acrylic walls for 6 years now remodeling bathrooms and hate the companies that screw over customers. Will say though they did give you a low price on liner and walls with valve replacement

Wow! Just saw this commercial on TV and am looking to remodeling both of my bathrooms and was thinking about calling these people.

Thanks for your honest review of these people. It is so hard to find a good contractor these days, they say they can do the job, charge you way too much money, then don't present what was promised.

Then when you try to call them, they either don't call you back if they even answer your call. All you lazy *** contractors out there that cheat people, watch out because karma is a ***!

That's why it's better to use a local company. The Bathtub Doctor. Central pa

I am a remodeling contractor in CT who has installed these products for a Liners Direct dealer here in CT. These products are extremely hard to install in a bathroom that is not completely gutted, and relatively hard to install in one that is.

If you do not have the right tools which are very expensive and the right knowledge, you are going to screw it up. The panels are very expensive and you only get one chance to do it right.

Bathwrap offers factory training to it's dealers but the sad truth is that very few send their crews to Chicago for the training. Sounds like these monkeys were in way over their head, but that should not be reflected on Liners Direct or their Bathwrap line.

WOW....you sound like a competitor company just here to bash Bathwraps Today. Come on - you come on here like a "regular joe" and you seem to know all the materials and techniques used for install.

Were you there looking over his shoulder for the install at "your parents" house?

Gimme a break. This complaint is a phony.

I worked for these idiots at bath wraps. If you want to save money I recommend buying the materials that you need and find a qualified contractor and ask them questions.

There are many adaptable things you can do for less money and better return on you investment.

This is a company that was reformed under a new name from a corrupt company called window wizards. They never paid me for my sales work and you can get the real stuff done to your house for much less.

$3500 is not a high price for a bath liner. In fact, it sounds as if it was too little given the lack of workmanship that resulted.

Most reputable liner companies across the country get $4500 - $6000 for quality liner installations.

Bathwraps is a quality product. It sounds like unfortunately your dad got involved with a bad company who installs them.

@PissedConsumer313496

For that price, you can get a tub with a "real tile" surround. It might take a few days, but it will be nicer and more solid.

View more comments (9)
Dallas, Texas

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article