Bad Customer Service advice and disclosure

I took my 2016 Chrysler 200 to Lindsay Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dealership in Manassas Virginia because the radio would not turn off. The vehicle continued to display the Chrysler logo even when the ignition is turned off. I called Lindsay Chryslers service department to see if there was anyway to disable the radio as it was causing my battery to die. I was told that it could be done, just bring the car in. My wife dropped the car off as requested. I was called and told that the radio would need to be replaced at a cost of approximately $1,000 dollars. That was out of the question as I am currently looking to replace this car. Therefore, I declined the offer to spend $1,000 on a new radio. When I went to pick up the car, I was hit with a bill for $190. This was not what I was told on the phone. Had they told me in advance that I would be charged $190 to see what the problem was, I would have looked for other options. Now I am out almost $200 and still have a Vehicle which will not stay charged. I feel that the service department should have explained the situation to me in advance. As it is, they took advantage of my wife who dropped my car off and did not understand that there would be $200 charge just to evaluate the issue. They should have told me that when I called and was told to just bring it in. No mention of a charge to evaluate the service issue. Bad timing by the service department at Linsey Chrysler Manassas. They have ruined any chance that I will ever buy another vehicle made by Chrysler. I definitely will avoid this particular dealer whenever possible.

User's recommendation: Stay away from Lindsey Chrysler Manassas.

ID
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article