Product: Limelight By Alcone Foundation Clear all filters (25 of 25 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Limelight By Alcone - Love these products!

5.0
Limelight By Alcone - Love these products!
I love the products my skin feels great ! The concealer actually works for an entire day the foundation has excellent coverage and never feels Kiki or dry. My beauty guide Josie Gillespie did a wonderful job and helping find all the right colors the mascara is amazing the eyeliner is easiest I’ve ever used. And I love the bamboo renew and cream of the crop when I do my own pedicure leaves my feet so soft like I just left the salon I recommend all the products.
Good quality

Limelight By Alcone - Stop buying their foundation

RCMA makes it and you can buy it when for $23 dollars, Limelight is over selling it.
Review
#1208920 Review #1208920 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Pricing issue

Limelight By Alcone - Great Product

I have never been a makeup guru, but I have spent so much money on skin care and foundations, and everything that I tried skin care mainly has caused more breakouts and skin irritations. But Limelight has been a good skin care line for me. every one is different and what is good for my skin may not be good for someones elses skin. The foundation has yet to break me out, and I really like the product, my beauty guide and my group of women that provide with information are an amazing group. customer service has never been rude to me, and I normally get my shipment within the 11 days, some orders took a little longer, depending on the time of the month. Im not here to put anyone down about using the product or not, just giving my opinion of what has worked for me.
Review
#1199087 Review #1199087 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Limelight By Alcone Foundation
Pros
  • I like the product
Good quality

Limelight By Alcone - Reaction to LimeLight Foundation

I tried to use the LimeLight foundation and I ended up having a reaction. My face ended up getting really red, swollen, and irritated.

Aspire2Inspire, I must beg to differ. It broke me out with horrendous acne all over my face. My dermatologist told me to stop using it immediately.

Aspire2Inspire

Limelight offers a full 30 day money back guarantee. If you had issues with it breaking you out you could have returned it. Im not exactly sure how it could've possibly broke you out though as it has nothing in it to perhaps cause break outs.

@Aspire2Inspire

That doesn't even make sense. It has nothing in it to cause a reaction on someones skin that you know nothing about? It must be only have water as an ingredient then, of course its easier to blame the customer saying they have used it incorrectly or that the issue is their fault.Have a wonderful day.

Its.rcma foundation limelight sells it for over 10 dollars more look it up, they need to stop ripping people off. Its not fair, and some of their leaders are terrible and backstabbers, I would file a claim, and tell them you want your money back. Good luck and tell them, atleadt I would

Aspire2Inspire
@Pinkmonkey

Yes. It is RMCA.

It's common knowledge to every Beauty Guide and/customer. It's not a secret, so not sure what's your point. It sells for a little more..... because you get MORE product..

plus soon Limelights foundation will be pareben free.. so that is the price point different.

@Aspire2Inspire

Not much of a difference in size. Have you seen the ounces?Limelight has 12 gramsRcma has 14 grams, check your info

Resolved

Resolved: Limelight By Alcone - Lied to by the beauty consultant

2.5

Update by user Feb 16

Fixed.

Original review posted by user Jan 06, 2018

Made the mistake of just ordering the foundation without thorough research. When it arrived I tried it not looking at the ingredients. I removed it and started looking more at the packaging and was curious about what was in it. There is a paraben which I'm extremely against. I have been told by my fertility doctor to not use anything containing parabens due to the possibility of estrogen interruptions. Extremely upset that I spent $60 on a foundation and eyeliner that I can't use. Also the packaging is so cheaply made. It's cardboard, no mirror, and has a magnet to closure. Seriously!?

Did they refuse to accept a return?

To be clear, the skincare line is the all natural, chemical free, leaping bunny ,etc..... The makeup is just pro makeup.

It is not ALL paraben free. Just most of it.There is a 30 day no question money back return policy. The foundation is only $36 dollars. You must have gotten the concealer, too.

It is wise to check the ingredients before you buy a product if you have an allergy of some kind. Since it is wax it sits on TOP of the skin and does not soak in, but I understand not wanting to use it.

This is not toxic, but it is also not for everyone. I wish you would have taken advantage of the return policy instead of being bitter and *** talking a good product just because it didn't work for you.I also don't understand why the eyeliner is unusable just because the foundation has a paraben in it.

Unfortunately, there are people who rely on the WORD of others, instead of doing their research. So the product was not a good fit for you.

You should have done your homework since you are AGAINST certain chemicals. Instead you relied on someones opinion, even though they represented the company. People are people......some will tell you ANYTHING to get you to buy. You got someone who was either uneducated on the product they were selling, or they fell into the same situation you did.....they took the WORD of someone else without doing their homework.

I'm going to try the products because I have looked into them and if I do find they don't work or me, I'm not going to blame anyone; I'm going to send it back because there IS a Money Back Guarantee. Everyone is made up differently.

Some will love it and some won't. That's the way it is.

More nontoxic makeup: Mineral Fusion, Beauty Counter, W3LL People, Lily Lolo, Vapour organic beauty, Honest Beauty, Just the Goods, RMS Beauty, Fat and the Moon, John Masters, Acure Organics.

Nontoxic makeup companies: Young Living, Pure, Posh Beauty, and http://www.thegoodtrade.com/features/18-natural-organic-makeup-brands-your-face-will-love-you-for

Why by other companies' makeups through Limelight when you can get them cheaper through said companies?? The point of an MLM is to be UNIQUE, and in that uniqueness don't most make their own products?? I've never heard of an MLM selling another company's wares.

@Cind-_WatersNebraska

Actually it’s pretty smart and much safer than buying cosmetics from a company that just decided one day to pump out bad formulas. The products are trusted by actual makeup artists and have been tested and used for a very long time.

That is why you will find the products to be superior quality. Some of these have only been available to professional makeup artists and are now available to everyone. The skincare is all their own. The makeup formulas are being changed to be paraben free right now Too and already some of the foundation shades are without parabens.

The eyeshadows are paraben free as well. Limelight’s skincare is harsh chemical free, leaping bunny certified (much better than simply “cruelty free” as there is an actual process and Set of guidelines to get the leaping bunny approval.) I am a makeup junky through and through and I would much rather be using products I know are formulated by actual beauty brands with knowledge of makeup quality and standards vs a company who wanted to create a direct sales model and saw a gap in the marketplace and went to a factory to have them start pumping out products for the Sake of filling that gap.That’s dangerous because the products become inconsistent and “hit or miss”.

Limelight was first and foremost a brick and mortar store in NYC for professional MUA only. There’s no “miss” with a company using formulations decades in the works of quality control and mastering their formulas.

Nothing, NOTHING is chemical free. Limelight by Alcone skincare is " harsh" chemical free.

Meaning there are no added chemicals.

Water is a chemical solution. There is nothing that is completely chemical free. I've been using the products over a year. My skin couldn't be better.

And the paraben you speak of in the Foundation actually comes from a natural chemical found in aloe. Researching ingredients and getting your information on exactly where each one comes from does a lot of good when picking out new skincare or makeup products. If you don't like the products don't buy them . They don't deceive anyone.

It states clearly on the website on each individual product what they contain.

Limelight by Alcone doesn't teach the reps to lie either. So if a rep told you otherwise that's on her or him not the company.

@Bumblebeefury33

I am so happy you responded with facts. I joined Limelight honestly, just to purchase all of the skin care as a dear friend swore by them, especially one drop wonder.

Limelight doesn't lie about what is in the products.

I also can't get enough of Bamboo Renew and Forty Cure Creme! Healers!!!!

Savvy Minerals is chemical free

An easy solution would be for the company to make their makeup 'all natural' like their skincare, but they won't do that because most of their money is made on deceiving customers. They bank on the fact that most customers don't check. And why would anyone want to be a Beauty Guide for a company that touts safe skincare only to throw all of those toxins into the makeup line?

@Cind_WatersNebraska

Actually, the term ‘all natural’ means nothing. Poison ivy is all natural, but I don’t think you’d want it in your make up or skin care.

But, in fact, LimeLight does use all natural ingredients (just the good ones); no man-made ingredients, and most of them are organic. Some are not available as organics, but LL does search the world for the best ingredients they can find.Also, as the company is going international, all products will comply with other countries standards for what ingredients will be allowed in their products. Most other countries ban about three times as many ingredients as the FDA here in the US so LL products will be much safer than products which follow Us regulations for allowed (presumably safe) ingredients.There are NO toxins in LL make-up. The parabens mentioned come from an ingredient in aloe.

The parabens in the foundation are being removed however, at the request beauty guides, because of the customer reactions. This company listens and always tries to do what is best for their customers and their beauty guides.

The first line of your complaint sums it up neatly.

" Made the mistake ... I tried it not looking at the ingredients."

You've confessed to being concerned about ingredients based on advice from a medical professional.

Good idea ; I'm not supposed to use aloe which interferes with one of my meds.

This is not the seller's fault ; you must follow your own rules and check everything.

tamaransdell_89

Hi, I am sorry that you feel you were lied to by your beauty consultant, and perhaps you were. That's not who we are.

I am a current representative with LimeLight by Alcone. You should never have been told that our makeup line is chemical free. It is not. Our skincare line, However, IS, all natural, chemical free, paraben free, dye free and cruelty free.

Awesome stuff for the skin and very reasonably priced.

As for the packaging, LimeLight is a GREEN company so they believe in protecting our environment which is why it is all packaged the way it is. Why use something "nicer" when it will just be thrown away once the product is gone?

Again, I'm sorry that your experience wasn't 100%.

If I can help you in any way, please contact me!

tammyjrans65@aol.com :)

@tamaransdell_89

So green that they sell toxic makeup. So great for the environment.

@Cind_WatersNebraska

Limelight by Alcone does not make their makeup products. They only make skin care products.

All of the makeup that is sold by Limelight comes from other companies. Maybe you should do some research on the company and you would know that. So they can't just make the make up into anything they want because they get the makeup from other companies.

Rcma makes the foundation, Nars makes all of the blushes and pressed powders, are eyeshadows are the original Mac formula, skindinavia makes all of the setting and primer sprays . I'm sure if they made their own makeup products they would definitely try to be much better for the environment!I'm sure if they made their own makeup products they would definitely try to be much better for the environment!

@Bumblebeefury33

Isn't the point of an MLM to sell their OWN products that people can't find anywhere else (as in stores since everything can be found nowadays on EBay and on Amazon)? What is the point of selling other companies' products when they can be found any and everywhere, and cheaper, including directly from the companies?

@Bumblebeefury33

It’s not true that the blushes are made by Nars. Also not true that the eyeshadow is the old MAC formula.

@Cind_WatersNebraska

You cant buy nars, mac, or skindinavia for “cheaper”. All of theirs ARE cheaper than their parent brands.

As such, they are now in the financial spot where they can start formulating their own products. Again, they don’t just pump products out as cheaply as possible for the sake of sales. They went into direct sales with a true vision of giving people BETTER. They don’t want to cheapen the brand by bogging it down with products that suck.

In order to do that they need time to grow.

It’s honestly such a unique and awesome company and once you learn how other direct sales companies have built their brand in comparison with limelight the differences are staggering. Maybe one day you’ll be able to try one of their products and see the difference

@tamaransdell_89

If they believe in protecting the environment why is the makeup so toxic? Lots of companies out there with nontoxic skincare AND nontoxic makeup.

#1419073
@tamaransdell_89

How about instead of using the excuse people will just throw away the packaging how about only make reusable packaging. Completely out of metal or plastic or something sturdy and when people order reorders they pay for the product again only and pop it in the packaging like a z-pallette. Your excuse is null.

@Bri

They do have packaging you can re-use. That's why it is magnetic and you can replace individuals as you order them.

As far as parabens go, we are working on removing them from our foundation.

Please send me a link to a cosmetics company that has zero "toxic" chemicals. Thanks.

Sent you three.

@Alicia

What I don't understand is if people want all natural makeup then why don't they find a company that sells it and buy from them? Why go and buy from a company that clearly puts in their website all of the ingredients of the products and buy makeup that you already know is not all natural?

Limelight does not promote that their makeup is all natural only Their Skin Care. It is the women and men who work for Limelight that give a misrepresentation sometimes and then the customers listen to what they say and get misinformed and blame the company. The company will actually terminate anyone who gives a misrepresentation of the products. If they are reported They will receive a suspension or a termination.

To be honest with you I think anyone who gives a misrepresentation of a product and causes someone to buy something that they really aren't going to want in the first place doesn't need to be doing direct sales anyway. These people in direct sales need to be a little bit more honest about the products that they are selling I have a client myself that is vegan and she has everything that Limelight cells as far as skin care but she will not touch the makeup she doesn't wear makeup so she doesn't need makeup and I would never push the makeup on her anyway because it goes against her beliefs.

What kind consultant what I be to push products on someone who doesn't want the ingredients that are in the product on their body?

I think that's what's going on a lot of girls and guys that are selling the product are misinforming the clients because they just want to make a quick Buck. I have never had to miss him for many of my clients about ingredients or anything when it comes to the products.

@Alicia

Hey Alicia! I actually do shop at a place that has a Chemical Free, Zero Toxins, Zero Paraben Makeup Line!

I’d be happy to tell you about it!!

Add me on Facebook ...? Ashlie Emerson

@Alicia

You’re working to remove them because customers have been complaining because they’re not as stupid as you people think they are. LOTS of nontoxic makeup companies.

Any that use Earth minerals which is pretty much how makeup started in the first place with various clays and colored found in nature from plants and such. W3LL People, Physician’s Formula, Ilia Beauty, Young Living, Ecco Bella, Mineral Fusion.

View more comments (28)

Limelight By Alcone in Chicago, Illinois - Makeup leaves rash

I finally tried Limelight foundation, eye shadow, and lip gloss all of which left my skin feeling 'burned.' My neighbor ranted and raved about the products, but honestly they never felt good on my face. They felt sticky and heavy and yes, I applied them correctly after watching videos and being instructed by my Beauty Guide. I have given up on cheap makeup products and gone to much better ones in RMS and Vapour brands which are both organic and all natural.

My face looked sunburned for 3 days after I tried their products once.

tamaransdell_89

I have never spoken to anyone who says the makeup is sticky and heavy! Quite the opposite.

My question would be, did you try the skincare products? They are all natural and chemical free. The makeup line is not.

I'm sorry for your bad experience. They truly are an awesome company.

Limelight makeup is toxic. Try Pure Haven essentials or Young Living. Nothing synthetic or toxic in those brands.

@NaturalGirl

LimeLight makeup is definitely NOT toxic!! Wow.

@tamaransdell_89

It's not really Limelight makeup now, is it? Wow.

@tamaransdell_89

Why don't they tout it like they do their nontoxic skincare line then?

Limelight By Alcone - Allergic reaction

1.9
Limelight By Alcone - Allergic reaction
I just tried their gentle moisturizer and it irritated my skin instantly. Itching, red, hives. Not pleasant. I have also tried the foundation and it was also garbage.

Is this is leaping bunny certified 'gentle' moisturizer? "It just means another needs to be tried." Yeah ok maybe some people don't want to be burned twice.

Better companies with better products out there to try.

Nothing with Alcone worked for me, and they don't make their makeup but are instead a 3rd party supplier of other companies' makeups. What a scam.

tamaransdell_89

Marilyn Costa; I wear the foundation/makeup all the time and it wears fabulously! Has excellent STAY POWER, looks just as good at the end of my 10 hour day as the minute I put it on!!

If it looks unnatural to you then there is too much being applied. It takes very little to get excellent coverage.

If a skincare product didn't work out, it just means another needed to be tried. I can't use the Calm Balm.

But that doesn't mean all products are crap. I just stopped using it and found the Sotoks works much better for me.

@tamaransdell_89

I am 54 with dry areas. Cannot use anything to oily. Would you recommend this moisturizer?

Limelight is makeup and such for those in big bright spotlights. To wear this stuff outside of that is unnatural just like people who wear it on tv and in the movies look unnatural, like a wax figure.

I tried their facial scrub and face lotion and broke out terribly. The Beauty Guide blamed it on me.

@Marilyn Costa

What facial scrub & moisturizer did you use?

@Kdub32

Skin polisher and skin therapist.

@Marilyn Costa

Skin Polish is to be used 1-2x per week to exfoliate. Not to be used daily. This would cause anyone to break out

View more comments (6)

Limelight By Alcone - Okay product, overpriced, *** team leaders

1.6
Limelight By Alcone - Okay product, overpriced, *** team leaders
I did limelight for a little bit and has a bad experience. People on my team and not on my team were kind of rude. Any way, I quit quickly but what I found out is they are price gouging their products. You can find the exact same foundation from RCMA website for $23 and more in the tin than you can get from them for $36. That’s a $13 dollar increase in price for less product. I’m not sure about other products they seem a little better, eye shadow seems over priced too. You can get Lorac or morphe shadows for a way better deal and they are just as pigmented. Also their shipping times suck. They strive to be a professional brand, than get professional and get people’s product to them.

I don’t care where morphe comes from?? I know that the product is just as good for a better price.

Go ahead and do whatever you want and talk rude to me, I was a customer, which means I have a right to express my opinion but your crap attitude makes me never want to buy your products again. I already researched it, Look it up yourself.

RCMA comes with a half ounce and limelight has 12g. Do the math.

@Anonymous

I apologize for being rude to you. I just take offense when someone puts down a prestigious company with women who are working their tails off to provide and make a better life for their families.

Sure, you can get any product that a direct sells company sells. That's not really the point. The point is supporting your friend, or whomever it was that you bought LL from. You can get stuff that Pamper Chef sells from Walmart, or Scensty stuff from Walmart.

Just like makeup and skin care. There are so many different brands to choose from. Like I said the point is supporting that person and their dreams.

I do sincerely apologize for my "hot head!" I hope you understand this concept and take that into consideration. xx

@Kdub32

No it's not all about supporting your friend's dreams. It's about making your dollar stretch, and exclusivity if you like a certain product.

and I can't find Rodan&Fields or Young Living or Posh or others at WalMart. Why? Because they make their products in house. Scentsy is overpriced and nothing special.

Same with Limelight products. Not all companies are like that.

Kdub32

First off, Morphe eyeshadow palettes are made in China! Secondly how much is in the container from RCMA that you claim has "more" foundation, for a cheaper price.

I will research this and come back to your claim! I'm calling BS.

Morphe eyeshadows are amazing

@Samantha9187

Amazing Chinese garbage. Have fun with that.

@Kdub32

The only BS here is you.

The top leaders are always doing those "tough love" videos to make everyone feel like they aren't working hard enough, when most of them only sell the minimum amount. They always talk a good talk & want everyone else to "buy their promotions" while they sit back & watch the numbers go up in their backoffices.

This is supposed to be a business. I do agree you need to support your business, buy & use the products in order to sell them, but to have these coaching videos telling people to go buy more than one collection...who's really making out here!

@Anonymous

There are plenty of other MLM companies out there that don't do this. I've found Limelight's strategy to be an aggressive one.

I felt highly pressured.

I will sell and use at my OWN pace thank you. Also I found them to be deceptive in their 'all natural' claims.

@Denise Shaver

Hi Denise, LimeLight's skincare products are all natural and chemical free. But the foundation/make up is not.

If you were told differently, I'm sorry. I'm sure not all the beauty guides are great leaders. The ones I am connected with are excellent. There was one I did not care for and I just left her group and deleted her as a friend.

I have found that I definitely can not compare myself to others.

I need to find my own rhythm and way of growing my business. :)

@Denise Shaver

My top leader blocked one of my downlines from a training because she asked a question & she thought the question was suspicious. Who does this?

Talk about scarcity mindset, paranoia, & insecurities which are always preached to us to "not" have.

Instead of blocking her, she could have pm'd her & asked for clarification. So immature, & as a result, my girl quit.

Yup!! Agreed!!

I did unfollowed the directors and the tribe, I’m only doing retail now, the trainings and tough love are awful and pushed me away.

I bet we had the same top leader. Not relatable at all!

@Beauty1774

LM maybe? Terrible tribe.

Agreed!!

View more comments (13)
Pricing issue

Limelight By Alcone in Prue, Oklahoma - Makeup made my face swell

Limelight By Alcone - Makeup made my face swell
Applied foundation and soon after needed to take off becauseunder eyes started swelling and cheek too. Red and puffy.

So glad I saw your picture and others on here. Definitely not trying this makeup.

Professional (whatever THAT means) or not. I get paid more money than the celebrities who supposedly wear this stuff. I really do t understand why women feel that have to wear so much makeup.

It's so very sad to me. Men don't feel this way.

Limelight By Alcone - False advertising

I'm concerned for women thinking they're using a natural bontanical foundation. It's full of toxic chemicals. A couple of the worst offenders! Cancer causing BHT & Paraben.
tamaransdell_89

LimeLight does not promote their foundation and makeup to be chemical free!! The skincare line IS all natural, chemical free, dye free, paraben free and cruelty free.

But not the foundation and they do not say that!!

All their ingredients are listed on the website. No reason not to do your own research and see it for yourself!!

The 'beauty guides', and I use that term loosely, don't focus on the makeup ingredients; they focus on their other facial products hoping that you'll get confused and think that all they're products are 'safe' and bunny certified which they clearly are not.

@Carol Bradlein in KS

Bravo!

There is NO reason to use toxins at all; many companies have proven this. Why choose 'less toxic' when you can choose 'not toxic.?'

charlie_conviviality_18

Botanical means relative to plant. Limelight makeup doesn't claim to be all natural.

They use less chemical and many paraben free products.

Their skincare line is chemical free. The Botanical Foundation is waxbased and stays on the surface of your skin it is also non-comedogenic.

@charlie_conviviality_18