Rating: 3 Stars Clear all filters (8 of 98 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Product:
Show
Rating:

Limelight By Alcone review: Money

2.8
I am a beauty gueid wanted to see if I can get money back

why would you make a complaint on a review website instead of reaching out to the company?? This doesn't seem like the place to get your money back. I don't think Limelife is monitoring this site.

@Anonymous

Probably she contacted the company and didn't get any help and that's why she is here. and the company isn't monitoring this site but you are and for sure you are going to tell them about this complaint.

View more comments (1)

Limelight By Alcone review: Not good

2.8
I watched a limelight guide on facebook for months before I purchased any. I looked at reviews and everyone said the foundation was awesome. So I bought the foundation, concealer, brush, and translucent powder. I was so excited to get it! Finally it came in and I tried it on. I hated it. It had good coverage but not like everyone said it would. It came off on EVERYTHING. Wouldn’t stay on my face. Not satisfied. I get the same result with my cheap foundation from Walmart.

Jennifer, you can but Limelife reformulated their foundation to be paraben free. So that formulation of the foundation is exclusive to Limelife, RCMA doesn’t carry it.

You can also get what they sell cheaper from RCMA directly. Limelight is a reseller. They don’t make their own stuff.

View more comments (1)
Limelight By Alcone Foundation
2.9
My face broke out due to a product I ordered that Shannon Tavernia of Schenectady Ny said I could use on my face and gave sample of creme of the crop. I mentioned my concern and she said that was normal while skin adjusts, so I ordered full size. When asking questions...

email me I use to work with Limelife, I found something amazing missy0953@aol.com and it’s not saturated yet, the company just started in the United States and booming!

Limelight By Alcone Cream
3.4
All in all I have been pleased with the the Limelight products. I particularly liked One Drop Wonder. However, the ridiculously thin material the one drop wonder bottle is made from will keep me from purchasing it again. It is so thin that the slightest bump can...

IT's no coincidence their most expensive products are in poor packaging. Frequent breaks = more purchases.

Review
#1207298 Review #1207298 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Limelight By Alcone One Drop Wonder Body Oil
Pros
  • I like by beauty guide
Cons
  • Product packaging for one dop wonder
Fragile container that One Drop Wonder is sold in
Loss
Preferred solution
New packaging so I can continue using this product

Resolved: Limelight By Alcone review: Lied to by the beauty consultant

2.5

Update by user Feb 16

Fixed.

Original review posted by user Jan 06, 2018

Made the mistake of just ordering the foundation without thorough research. When it arrived I tried it not looking at the ingredients. I removed it and started looking more at the packaging and was curious about what was in it. There is a paraben which I'm extremely against. I have been told by my fertility doctor to not use anything containing parabens due to the possibility of estrogen interruptions. Extremely upset that I spent $60 on a foundation and eyeliner that I can't use. Also the packaging is so cheaply made. It's cardboard, no mirror, and has a magnet to closure. Seriously!?

Did they refuse to accept a return?

To be clear, the skincare line is the all natural, chemical free, leaping bunny ,etc..... The makeup is just pro makeup.

It is not ALL paraben free. Just most of it.There is a 30 day no question money back return policy. The foundation is only $36 dollars. You must have gotten the concealer, too.

It is wise to check the ingredients before you buy a product if you have an allergy of some kind. Since it is wax it sits on TOP of the skin and does not soak in, but I understand not wanting to use it.

This is not toxic, but it is also not for everyone. I wish you would have taken advantage of the return policy instead of being bitter and *** talking a good product just because it didn't work for you.I also don't understand why the eyeliner is unusable just because the foundation has a paraben in it.

Unfortunately, there are people who rely on the WORD of others, instead of doing their research. So the product was not a good fit for you.

You should have done your homework since you are AGAINST certain chemicals. Instead you relied on someones opinion, even though they represented the company. People are people......some will tell you ANYTHING to get you to buy. You got someone who was either uneducated on the product they were selling, or they fell into the same situation you did.....they took the WORD of someone else without doing their homework.

I'm going to try the products because I have looked into them and if I do find they don't work or me, I'm not going to blame anyone; I'm going to send it back because there IS a Money Back Guarantee. Everyone is made up differently.

Some will love it and some won't. That's the way it is.

More nontoxic makeup: Mineral Fusion, Beauty Counter, W3LL People, Lily Lolo, Vapour organic beauty, Honest Beauty, Just the Goods, RMS Beauty, Fat and the Moon, John Masters, Acure Organics.

Nontoxic makeup companies: Young Living, Pure, Posh Beauty, and http://www.thegoodtrade.com/features/18-natural-organic-makeup-brands-your-face-will-love-you-for

Why by other companies' makeups through Limelight when you can get them cheaper through said companies?? The point of an MLM is to be UNIQUE, and in that uniqueness don't most make their own products?? I've never heard of an MLM selling another company's wares.

@Cind-_WatersNebraska

Actually it’s pretty smart and much safer than buying cosmetics from a company that just decided one day to pump out bad formulas. The products are trusted by actual makeup artists and have been tested and used for a very long time.

That is why you will find the products to be superior quality. Some of these have only been available to professional makeup artists and are now available to everyone. The skincare is all their own. The makeup formulas are being changed to be paraben free right now Too and already some of the foundation shades are without parabens.

The eyeshadows are paraben free as well. Limelight’s skincare is harsh chemical free, leaping bunny certified (much better than simply “cruelty free” as there is an actual process and Set of guidelines to get the leaping bunny approval.) I am a makeup junky through and through and I would much rather be using products I know are formulated by actual beauty brands with knowledge of makeup quality and standards vs a company who wanted to create a direct sales model and saw a gap in the marketplace and went to a factory to have them start pumping out products for the Sake of filling that gap.That’s dangerous because the products become inconsistent and “hit or miss”.

Limelight was first and foremost a brick and mortar store in NYC for professional MUA only. There’s no “miss” with a company using formulations decades in the works of quality control and mastering their formulas.

Nothing, NOTHING is chemical free. Limelight by Alcone skincare is " harsh" chemical free.

Meaning there are no added chemicals.

Water is a chemical solution. There is nothing that is completely chemical free. I've been using the products over a year. My skin couldn't be better.

And the paraben you speak of in the Foundation actually comes from a natural chemical found in aloe. Researching ingredients and getting your information on exactly where each one comes from does a lot of good when picking out new skincare or makeup products. If you don't like the products don't buy them . They don't deceive anyone.

It states clearly on the website on each individual product what they contain.

Limelight by Alcone doesn't teach the reps to lie either. So if a rep told you otherwise that's on her or him not the company.

@Bumblebeefury33

I am so happy you responded with facts. I joined Limelight honestly, just to purchase all of the skin care as a dear friend swore by them, especially one drop wonder.

Limelight doesn't lie about what is in the products.

I also can't get enough of Bamboo Renew and Forty Cure Creme! Healers!!!!

Savvy Minerals is chemical free

An easy solution would be for the company to make their makeup 'all natural' like their skincare, but they won't do that because most of their money is made on deceiving customers. They bank on the fact that most customers don't check. And why would anyone want to be a Beauty Guide for a company that touts safe skincare only to throw all of those toxins into the makeup line?

@Cind_WatersNebraska

Actually, the term ‘all natural’ means nothing. Poison ivy is all natural, but I don’t think you’d want it in your make up or skin care.

But, in fact, LimeLight does use all natural ingredients (just the good ones); no man-made ingredients, and most of them are organic. Some are not available as organics, but LL does search the world for the best ingredients they can find.Also, as the company is going international, all products will comply with other countries standards for what ingredients will be allowed in their products. Most other countries ban about three times as many ingredients as the FDA here in the US so LL products will be much safer than products which follow Us regulations for allowed (presumably safe) ingredients.There are NO toxins in LL make-up. The parabens mentioned come from an ingredient in aloe.

The parabens in the foundation are being removed however, at the request beauty guides, because of the customer reactions. This company listens and always tries to do what is best for their customers and their beauty guides.

The first line of your complaint sums it up neatly.

" Made the mistake ... I tried it not looking at the ingredients."

You've confessed to being concerned about ingredients based on advice from a medical professional.

Good idea ; I'm not supposed to use aloe which interferes with one of my meds.

This is not the seller's fault ; you must follow your own rules and check everything.

Senai

Hi, I am sorry that you feel you were lied to by your beauty consultant, and perhaps you were. That's not who we are.

I am a current representative with LimeLight by Alcone. You should never have been told that our makeup line is chemical free. It is not. Our skincare line, However, IS, all natural, chemical free, paraben free, dye free and cruelty free.

Awesome stuff for the skin and very reasonably priced.

As for the packaging, LimeLight is a GREEN company so they believe in protecting our environment which is why it is all packaged the way it is. Why use something "nicer" when it will just be thrown away once the product is gone?

Again, I'm sorry that your experience wasn't 100%.

If I can help you in any way, please contact me!

tammyjrans65@aol.com :)

@Senai

So green that they sell toxic makeup. So great for the environment.

@Cind_WatersNebraska

Limelight by Alcone does not make their makeup products. They only make skin care products.

All of the makeup that is sold by Limelight comes from other companies. Maybe you should do some research on the company and you would know that. So they can't just make the make up into anything they want because they get the makeup from other companies.

Rcma makes the foundation, Nars makes all of the blushes and pressed powders, are eyeshadows are the original Mac formula, skindinavia makes all of the setting and primer sprays . I'm sure if they made their own makeup products they would definitely try to be much better for the environment!I'm sure if they made their own makeup products they would definitely try to be much better for the environment!

@Bumblebeefury33

Isn't the point of an MLM to sell their OWN products that people can't find anywhere else (as in stores since everything can be found nowadays on EBay and on Amazon)? What is the point of selling other companies' products when they can be found any and everywhere, and cheaper, including directly from the companies?

@Bumblebeefury33

It’s not true that the blushes are made by Nars. Also not true that the eyeshadow is the old MAC formula.

@Cind_WatersNebraska

You cant buy nars, mac, or skindinavia for “cheaper”. All of theirs ARE cheaper than their parent brands.

As such, they are now in the financial spot where they can start formulating their own products. Again, they don’t just pump products out as cheaply as possible for the sake of sales. They went into direct sales with a true vision of giving people BETTER. They don’t want to cheapen the brand by bogging it down with products that suck.

In order to do that they need time to grow.

It’s honestly such a unique and awesome company and once you learn how other direct sales companies have built their brand in comparison with limelight the differences are staggering. Maybe one day you’ll be able to try one of their products and see the difference

@Senai

If they believe in protecting the environment why is the makeup so toxic? Lots of companies out there with nontoxic skincare AND nontoxic makeup.

#1419073
@Senai

How about instead of using the excuse people will just throw away the packaging how about only make reusable packaging. Completely out of metal or plastic or something sturdy and when people order reorders they pay for the product again only and pop it in the packaging like a z-pallette. Your excuse is null.

@Bri

They do have packaging you can re-use. That's why it is magnetic and you can replace individuals as you order them.

As far as parabens go, we are working on removing them from our foundation.

Please send me a link to a cosmetics company that has zero "toxic" chemicals. Thanks.

Sent you three.

@Alicia

What I don't understand is if people want all natural makeup then why don't they find a company that sells it and buy from them? Why go and buy from a company that clearly puts in their website all of the ingredients of the products and buy makeup that you already know is not all natural?

Limelight does not promote that their makeup is all natural only Their Skin Care. It is the women and men who work for Limelight that give a misrepresentation sometimes and then the customers listen to what they say and get misinformed and blame the company. The company will actually terminate anyone who gives a misrepresentation of the products. If they are reported They will receive a suspension or a termination.

To be honest with you I think anyone who gives a misrepresentation of a product and causes someone to buy something that they really aren't going to want in the first place doesn't need to be doing direct sales anyway. These people in direct sales need to be a little bit more honest about the products that they are selling I have a client myself that is vegan and she has everything that Limelight cells as far as skin care but she will not touch the makeup she doesn't wear makeup so she doesn't need makeup and I would never push the makeup on her anyway because it goes against her beliefs.

What kind consultant what I be to push products on someone who doesn't want the ingredients that are in the product on their body?

I think that's what's going on a lot of girls and guys that are selling the product are misinforming the clients because they just want to make a quick Buck. I have never had to miss him for many of my clients about ingredients or anything when it comes to the products.

@Alicia

Hey Alicia! I actually do shop at a place that has a Chemical Free, Zero Toxins, Zero Paraben Makeup Line!

I’d be happy to tell you about it!!

Add me on Facebook ...? Ashlie Emerson

@Alicia

You’re working to remove them because customers have been complaining because they’re not as stupid as you people think they are. LOTS of nontoxic makeup companies.

Any that use Earth minerals which is pretty much how makeup started in the first place with various clays and colored found in nature from plants and such. W3LL People, Physician’s Formula, Ilia Beauty, Young Living, Ecco Bella, Mineral Fusion.

View more comments (28)
Resolved
Limelight By Alcone Foundation

Limelight By Alcone review: Not worth the price

2.6
I tried the Enduring lip color and while the color was pretty it didn’t last very long on my lips before it started to crumble and look crusty. The foundation was meh, I got maybe a low medium coverage out of it. And it slid around and transferred quite easily.
Limelight By Alcone Enduring Lip Color Lip Gloss
2.8
I love the limelight facial cleanser and moisturizer and was so excited to try the new eye aspire. Shortly after use I had red patchy spots that started to appear that look similar to eczema breakouts. I've never had eczema or dry skin and the only new product I had...

Eye Aspire has Carrageenan in it. I am allergic to carrageenan and had a horrible allergic reaction to it a few years ago.

Carrageenan makes my skin dry out and makes it like crepe paper.

It causes paper-cut-like lesions in my skin. I think you may have had a reaction to the carrageenan in the product.

Limelight By Alcone Eye Aspire Serum

Limelight By Alcone review: Customer service

2.8
First let me say I am IN LOVE WITH THIER PRODUCTS I USE THEM ALL JUST ABOUT EXCEPT FOR THE FOUNDATION. THE EYE SHADOWS ARE AMAZING..THE FINISHING SPRAY INCREDIBLE BUT I ORDERED A EYELINER IN FEB I STILL GOTTEN... AFTER I SPENT 45 ON HOLD THE VERY NASTY CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT TOLD ME SHE SHOWS IT DELIVERED ...I WOULD HAVE TO GO TO POST OFFICE ALL OF THEY WERE HOLDING IT???? IF NOT THEY NEED TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THE TRACKING COMPANY THEN WRITE A LETTER TO LIMELIGHT ...I SAID FOR A $12 EYELINER ARE YOU SERIOUS??? SO THATS THE END FOR ME OF PURCHASING EVEN THOUGH I LOVE THE PRODUCTS.....NASTY SERVICE..I WOUKDNT WAIT 45 MIN TO TRY TO GER A FREE A $12 EYELINER
Livia

I'm sorry for your experience. Are there anything I can help you with?

@Livia

Seriously "are there anything I can help you with" Grammar!

@Anonymous

THESE are the kind of people who hawk this crap!

View more comments (2)