Filter by rating
Product:

Limelight by Alcone is Makeup Industry Makeup

4.8
Limelight by Alcone is Makeup Industry Makeup
Limelight Botanical Foundation is 50 % pigmented and waxed based. It is frangrance free, paraben free, lanolin free, and mineral oil free.. All of LimeLight products are Leaping Bunny Certified as well. Try applying it with a damp sponge for best application. As they say "A little goes a long ways" If you had a hard time you should of went to your beauty guide for advice and tips on how to achieve best results. Being a makeup artist you should place a primer on before applying your Botanical Foundation, LimeLight provides this as well. After you placed all your makeup on I suggest going in with The Perfect Pressed Powder for a great matte finish it will also prevent your makeup from getting into fine lines. I hope you can give it another go.
#1461910

Limelight is going paraben free in a month or so.. ***

tamaransdell_89

The foundation is NOT paraben free. PROPYL PARABEN and I've researched it, although its not horrific for us, it can disrupt hormonal system.

>>>IPM, Castor Oil. Carnauba, Candililla, Ozokerite, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Propyl Paraben, BHT. Also May Contain: D&C Red #6, D&C Red #7, D&C Red #27, Cos.

Green, Cos. Blue.

@tamaransdell_89

Oh is this the nontoxic makeup you're referring too? What part of this is nontoxic? Ever research about how nasty that synthetic coloring is?

Why can you find their foundation on Rcma website for $13 cheaper is what I want to know

@Anonymous

There is one paraben in the foundation, which is plant based, that will not soak in your bloodstream. Do your research more thouroughly before putting a high end brand down.

LimeLight has RCMA manufacture the botanical foundation.

To be a direct sells company and have a Beauty Guide and professional advice, that is why is costs a little extra. It is about supporting a friend, a single mother working hard for her children, a person working for their dreams. The foundation is from RCMA, but if you purchase from RCMA you won't have a personal Guide to help you.

I guess it boils down to getting it from RCMA without guidance or consultation, or buying it from a Beauty Guide and having help with all of your Beauty needs. Among that, supporting someone's dream.

@Kdub32

High end brand? It's a mid range brand with mid range prices.

Maybe in your opinion it's high end, but market standards do not qualify LL as high end. I'm a former guide and after I did do my research is when I found out all the shady marketing strategies suggested by corporate and sponsors to gain sales. I'm putting the brand down because of my experience and research. I've been in DS for 20 years and LL is the most dishonest and shadiest company I've ever been with.

With all the shipping and backorders issues LL has had it also shows the lack of knowledge and experience from the CEO's. I don't mind supporting friends and family but when the average guide only makes $750 a year that defeats the purpose of helping someone out. I doubt that making $750 a year is someone's dream come true. They lie when they say you can be a millionaire or make $10,000 + a month.

Only 2% of reps make $50,000 + per year. Most of us know you bust your butt for a few hundred dollars in sales, then convince someone else they too can have it all. It's a vicious cycle of brain washing and lying.

Luckily not all DS companies think like this or pay their reps so little. Research any company before joining.

@Hooks08

Well said! Couldn't have said it any better.

@Anonymous

RCMA doesn't have a person trained to color match you for the right foundation. If you were curious as to what your color would be, they would send a small sample that would cost money and if it wasn't your color, then you're out that cost.

Also RCMA doesn't have the packaging like Limelight does. We also offer a 30 day money back guarantee and RCMA doesn't.I'd pay the $13 extra honestly to avoid having to pay more out in the long run, but that's just me.

#1461903
@AnonymousJ

Limelight rcma foundation has 12 grams, and rcma has 14 grams and is cheaper than the limelight price, they are overselling it

What is in this "wax" ? You can't label it paraben-free if there's wax in it. It also most likely has phthalates in it.

@Carrie

It is beeswax

Glad I found this site. I hate how limelight consultants lie about their products.

I was told the makeup didn't have parabens in it.

Guess I'll buying another brand. Glad I didn't waste my money, not only are they over priced but parabens too!

@Anonymous

The makeup line is toxic. I looked into after I heard about it, I was interested in trying it until I read the ingredients because I'm very health conscious. I can't believe the known harmful chemicals they're using in their makeup.

@Anonymous

If you moisturize properly and take care of skin with regular exfoliation you actually dont NEED primer with this foundation. In fact, the typical sikicone primers arent always the best to use with this.

The spray LL sells works great, but if you moisturize well even that is not absolutely necessary

Work with it a little bit. It is wax based, which is different from what consumers are used to using. A beauty guide will want to work with the customer to use the product correctly and they are much more likely to enjoy.

Regarding price, because you need very little of the product it is actually a good price.

50% pigment is the highest in the entire makeup industry. Most foundation is less than half that amount.

@Anonymous

Exactly. Very deceptive company.

Young Living has a great all natural makeup line. Better than Bare Minerals which is what I used to use.

Hooks08

Just an FYI. All of Limelight's skin care is leaping bunny certified not their makeup.

The foundation actually has parabens in it.

If you are a guide please research the ingredients yourself so you can pass on correct information to your customers. Ingredients are listed on their sight.

@Hooks08

All of LimeLights products are Leaping Bunny Certified and again the Botanical Foundation IS Paraben Free. Not sure where you read it is not.

@Anonymous

Straight from the website the ingredients of the foundation. PROPYL PARABEN is PARABEN!

Not even these guides know what the heck they are selling and trying to pass this off as PARABEN Free! What a joke this company is!!!!!

Green, Cos. Blue.

@Hooks08

The foundation is the only product limelight has that has paraben.

Dear Anonymous.....

I'm a Beauty Guide by Alcone...Our whole Skin care Line is Paraben free. Our Foundation has proypl Paraben in it used as a preservative.

It comes naturally from plants and some insects. HOWEVER....because our foundation is WAX BASED.....it sits on top of your skin and it never seeps into your pours....So it is NOT HARMFUL !!!

@Hooks08

Parabens, BHT, Petroleum. Limelight is very misleading.

They also claim their products are organic.

No they're not. They contain some organic ingredients, which does NOT make it organic.

@Hooks08

Thus, LimeLight is working on making it paraben free. The paraben does not soak into your blood stream. It is a plant based paraben.

@Anonymous

Looks at the ingredients even on the website propyl paraben is parabens. Just saying.

View more comments (22)
Good quality

Limelight By Alcone - Worst customer service and communication

1.3
Wanted to find a dupe for my Gerda Spillman foundation that's pricey $59 for compact and I love it. Decided to give this a try with my rep. Asked a ton of questions to figure out color. Backordered for two months - when I finally got, it was about two shades two dark. I asked my rep if I could exchange for lighter and she said she'd look into it...Didn't sign up for auto ship yet one month later I was charged & shipped same exact shade. Contacted rep and attempted to return unopened box (gave up on my original request). Today, I got a return label but it said in the fine line of recipes my original request of 4/25 and I needed to return within 30 days unopened product... it's 6/2!!! How can I return something if I get the label over a week after the cut off time??? So sucky and such a scam

Limelight isn't a scam. Contact customer service again and explain what happened in a respectful and calm manner.

My experience has been they will help you. The company has had it's share of problems no doubt, but I know they are trying to make everything right again and are improving vastly. All new companies have problems in the beginning and have kinks to work out. I'm sure many lessons were learned on their part.

I wish you luck. :)

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Limelight By Alcone - Shipping Service Review

1.1
9 days. Still no products shipped 3 emails no reply 2 phone calls .can't even give a message they are too busy.. Love my rep. Product better be amazing. . If you want to play in the big tent with others in this market step up Alcone I will mark hear from Co. Doubt I will. Sadly disappointed so far..
Order processing issue

Limelight By Alcone - Maybe it's just me...

1.1
I left Younique because a friend of mine solicited me about a new opportunity that many younique presenters were leaving for and it intrigued me. It was Limelight by Alcone. Without even trying any of the products (BIG IGNORANT MISTAKE), I signed up. Since I have medium toned skin, I chose the medium skin kit. Right? And the kit comes with half shades and such so I thought, perfect. I'm part asian, and mixed, so sometimes I'm lighter, and sometimes I get really tan. But not too tan. Anyways, anxiously wait for the "luxurious white box with a bow" as they describe it. I open it.......and...............discover that I only got ONE of the foundation shades out of 3. The other 2 colors were for the "dark" complexion. Um. what? The lipgloss and lip pencil were also not from what they said, the color were for darker people, like red, which looks horrible on me. Concealer, for black complexion. This must be a mistake, I thought? I can't even use this? And isn't that the point of getting a kit, is to be able to use it and sample it, and understand how it all works? One product was out of stock so I never got it. The skin care is a joke. I have combo skin and everything left my skin greasy and oily. What? I called care. Mentor told me they'd take care of me. No. They did not. They said, sorry, we don't replace kit products. I told them UM these colors are for darker skinned people. The guy was short, snarky and then just stopped talking. So I hung up. This is consultant care? I emailed them my immediate resignation and sold ALL OF THE STUFF on a popular re sell site and actually made back my kit money. Oh, and btw Limelight, your wax based foundation? Horrible. Dry, cakey and made me look like an OLD PERSON. No thanks. I'll go back to my dewy foundation is all natural by Arbonne, thank you. ALSO, misleading info. Director in group told ALL of us that ALL our products are Leaping Bunny certified. As a crunchy granola girl myself, this is now true, as I researched. ONLY THE SKIN CARE IS LEAPING BUNNY CERTIFIED AND NOT THE COSMETICS..........and since we're on that topic, it is not 100% that trace ingredients aren't tested on animals nor vegan.::OOPS::

Glad you saw the light, and it AIN’T LimeLight or LineLife or whatever else they call themselves.

I ordered RCMA makeup and it has the same shades and costs less than LimeLife

I would have to agree. I signed up with LimeLifebyAlcone (LimeLight) in March and just about everything I need to order is out of stock.

Any potential customers are completely turned off, they don't care if this is because we have just merged with another company.

If they can't get what they want and have to wait weeks for it, they move on to another product/company.Everyone says this is such a wonderful company but I don't see it. I still love their make-up but half the time it is out of stock.

@Bonnie Robinson

You're right, I stopped using the foundation because Olive 2 is always out of stock.

You didn't have a monetary loss considering you resold all your products and made your money back. Just saying.

Yeah, I'm not buying any of what you said. Sounds like you're just trying to bash a company you know nothing about.Limelight by Alcone, soon-to-be LimeLife by Alcone, is one of the best companies to work for.

Limelife lemmonlife—-same thing. Robots

@Jill

I am guess you sell limelight?

@Jill

‘Brain injury’ Jill?. Diassociatebyourself.

They try to confuse customers into thinking their makeup is green bunny certified by touting their skincare. It would stand to reason that their makeup would be too, right???

Nope! They prey on people.

charlie_conviviality_18

We never claimed to have all natural makeup, only skincare. I love the products, I am a rep but I do not push the products.

I stay a rep because the line does perform as it says it will. If someone asks for advice on beauty I tell them what I do and give my site. This line has been in the professional makeup industry for 50+ years and is used by celebrities with proof of use.

If you ever need help with anything I will honestly guide you. I won't sales pitch or scam you.

@charlie_conviviality_18

Who cares if some celebrities use it? You don't think they're getting paid to?

Why work for a company who makes ok skincare but toxic makeup??

Lots of companies reliever as promised but are a lot more ethical. Just a thought.

@Nance Harvey

Celebrities don't get paid to use LimeLight.

Lauramaher

Limelight reps misrepresent and are all about the money. If you want truly NONtoxic makeup (Linelught's is highly toxic as is Younique's) then try Young Living's Savvy Minerals line.

You'll be shocked at the simplicity of the ingredients. Also Young Living sells LOTS of other wellness products. I had no idea as I thought they just sold essential oils. My neighbor has a FB page named after her cat; its Alice's Oily Wonderland.

Check it out. No pressure there either!

@Lauramaher

Really?!? LimeLight does not even have the kit with foundations anymore!

Trying to put LimeLight down by soliciting your new direct sells business is just not cool! Also LL had never claimed to have natural makeup! Tr skin care is all natural, leaping bunny certified and certainly the best I've ever used. It has gotten rid of my cystic acne and gives me back my youthful glow.

Many people will leave if they aren't having success immediately, and then want to put the business down.

It's because of you laziness and work ethic you didn't get very far with LL. You're not going to get far in any DS company without some blood sweat and tears shed!

@Lauramaher

No. Incorrect on LimeLight.

I've done my research. Not enough studies by far to say it actually harms you. RCMA foundation sells for a reason.

It has sold for years before LimeLight. That's why MUA's use it.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. The Starter kit has never come with 3 foundations that you are speaking of.

It used to come with 2, that has since been replaced with bamboo renew. Your "cakey" problem is due to you using too much product.

You need VERY LITTLE of foundation. I have also never spoken with a male in the customer care dept either, and I have been with LL for 15 months.

@Anonymous

I see tons of reviews of people who said they spoke to a snarky rude guy who all of a sudden just stops talking in customer care...so just because you have never spoken to him doesn't mean he isn't there.

And enough with the excuses of the person using the foundation wrong. Just admit that it's a *** foundation and move on!!!

All these people saying the same thing can't be wrong. This company is just ONE LARGE EXCUSE!!!

Lauramaher
@Anon

Yep, you nailed it. You can tell they are ONLY about making money.

Look at the beauty guides' FB posts. It's like a cult.

@Lauramaher

Lauramaher- This rep. was just trying to apologize for your bad experience and you were rude.

Makes me think that you are on here responding to every post because you are trying to promote your new endeavor. Young living products are good for certain people and are expensive.

Why trash another company instead of giving facts on that company you say their products are toxic so then what exactly is toxic. Opinions only matter when they state the facts.

#1381968
@Lauramaher

Exactly Anon! Lauramaher is on every post claiming her sometimes neighbor sometimes cousin?

sells Young Living and should buy from her.

I also sell Young Living and what you are doing is not only disgraceful but against compliance.

You can tell your cousin, neighbor, or yourself, that she is being reported. Shameful.

@Lauramaher

Obviously you don't Joe anything about social media marketing

@Anon

Have you ever heard of professional makeup OR ever used it?? Apparently NOT!

Lmao! The only thing *** is what's coming out of your mouth. Anyone knows who has ever used professional, highly pigmented makeup knows to use it with a light hand. A lot of people use too much Bc of the "***" foundation they were using before.

It's obvious youre from another DS company just trying to bash an amazing company with the best makeup and skincare on the market, besides R+F.

However, LL's skincare is natural! #truthbomb

@Kdub32

R+F???. Another pissed consumer favorite!

@Kdub32

Isn't this the same chick who just apologized for being so rude to another poster review on here? Casting stones are we?

Split personality maybe? Shameful.

@Kdub32

Are you actually making real money on anything other than getting others to sign up and buy kits? All DS are glorified pyramid schemes. Are you starting to notice that friends and family are starting to avoid you because the are sick of the sales pitch?

@Anon

Foundation & concealer are crap and my beauty guide is worse!!! When I told her I was having problems she said “go watch some YouTube “ !!!

@Anonymous

Oh my oh my! Trying to put LimeLight down to promote your new business's. What a shame!

@Anonymous

I have used the skincare for 6 months and it hasn’t cleared my face up. I use one drop wonder, sotoks, and the eye aspire and still have the same facial lines that I was promised would disappear and now my eye lid has some rash from the products.

The foundation and powder set into my fine lines and I look extremely old. The foundation is supposed to cover scars and acne, but it doesn’t.

@Anonymous1

This isn't surprising unfortunately. Lots of people complaining about rashes from their 'so called' skin care products.

They definitely don't care for your skin. I used the products you mentioned for about 3 months, and I developed a rash on my eyelids and on my neck.

View more comments (29)
Review
Cons
  • Rejection
  • Ignored
  • Consultant care person i spoke to
Bad quality
Preferred solution
My Review

Limelight By Alcone - Concealer Review

Got told by a rep the conclear should cover my dark circles and hasn't I ask for her to call company and refund but nothing and if I want to send it back I would have to pay shipping and not receive the shipping and tax from the conclear as well as the amount I been trying to email limelight and nothing the beauty rep doesn't try and help I am so frustrated and will never order ever again

For dark circles the best concealer to use will be used as a color corrector and not be the ONLY product you need. Some women have BAD dark circles (like myself).

Im fair skinned. I use concealer #3, which is peach based. The foundation goes over that. If you feel like you need even more at that point, which some women do, then a little more foundation in that spot or a brightening concealer should do the trick.

If you dont end up with a refund there are still ways to get use from the product. Your regular foundation should work over the concealer. I wish I could physically show you.

I used the concealer and foundation at my wedding and it was the best decision I could have made. So I am sad to hear of your frustration

@Alishawalker

I have the color correct concealer and it does nothing for my dark circles and when I very lightly tap the foundation over it, it makes all my fine lines & wrinkles under my eyes show up!! What a waste of money. All my beauty guide could say was “go watch some YouTube for help”.

View more comments (1)
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Limelight By Alcone - Shipping time

1.9
Decided to use free shipping. Ordered April 1st and still have not receive a ship date! First time trying the products & even if I like what I ordered will not use. Because making customers wait three wks for free shipping is Bad Business!

Limelight By Alcone - Customer service

2.8
First let me say I am IN LOVE WITH THIER PRODUCTS I USE THEM ALL JUST ABOUT EXCEPT FOR THE FOUNDATION. THE EYE SHADOWS ARE AMAZING..THE FINISHING SPRAY INCREDIBLE BUT I ORDERED A EYELINER IN FEB I STILL GOTTEN... AFTER I SPENT 45 ON HOLD THE VERY NASTY CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT TOLD ME SHE SHOWS IT DELIVERED ...I WOULD HAVE TO GO TO POST OFFICE ALL OF THEY WERE HOLDING IT???? IF NOT THEY NEED TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THE TRACKING COMPANY THEN WRITE A LETTER TO LIMELIGHT ...I SAID FOR A $12 EYELINER ARE YOU SERIOUS??? SO THATS THE END FOR ME OF PURCHASING EVEN THOUGH I LOVE THE PRODUCTS.....NASTY SERVICE..I WOUKDNT WAIT 45 MIN TO TRY TO GER A FREE A $12 EYELINER
Aspire2Inspire

I'm sorry for your experience. Are there anything I can help you with?

@Aspire2Inspire

Seriously "are there anything I can help you with" Grammar!

@Anonymous

THESE are the kind of people who hawk this crap!

View more comments (2)

Limelight By Alcone in Smithtown, New York - Lip color/Gloss - poor quality

2.2
Besides the fact that it took over 3 weeks to get a tube of lip color and lip gloss, they do not answer emails...or if they do it's 2 weeks later. I have spent hours waiting on hold when i tried calling. The direct consultant/friend who I purchased thru was very helpful & apologetic for shipping delay, but apparently she and I have totally different lip color expectations. If you are looking for lip color that stays on, this is not for you. Does not compare in any way to Lipsense or even Cover Girl Super Stay 24. Even applying only one thin coat, it comes off on your straw, the side of you glass/cup, your finger (if you touch your lips) etc. I had to reapply immediately each time after drinking, eating, etc. This is not a Color-fast/long lasting product. Even worse with the gloss that is sold to go with it. Application is thick and fudgy...not smooth. I was dissatisfied despite trying different things recommended to me by the consultant and ended up returning within my 30 days for full refund - which is still pending. I wish the product had lived up to what i was expecting based upon the information I gathered provided prior to purchase. Will not be purchasing further Limelight product.

I agree nothing like my $7 tube of covergirl that truly doesn't budge. It comes off on EVERYTHING

I am a Lipsense rep if you are interested in this product. It does not burn your lips off.

The gloss seals the color in & tingling goes away immediately. Color lasts 4-18hrs

@Sonya

I love Lipsense but OMG, its burns like a mother!!!!!

#1381969

I would rather have lip color not last too long then have my lips burning off from the Propyl Glycol they put in Lipsense :(

@I Love my Lips

Yes but if you buy it for its staying power, that is what you want

@Lt

The vanity of some women willing to put themselves in harm's way to change the way they look is mind blowing

@TrueNotBlue

Spot on!

@I Love my Lips

Totally with you. Young Living has some nice lip gloss and lipstick.

Pure Haven does too.

Posh Beauty also. No harsh chemicals

View more comments (7)
Review
Pros
  • Direct local distributor
Cons
  • Product not as described
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
Full refund

Limelight By Alcone - Shipping Service Review

2.0
I am very upset that I still have not received an order placed on April 2nd. First, I was misled by the Beauty Guide that advertised and encouraged customers to use free shipping but never shared that it was delayed shipping. Furthermore, as a customer, it is very frustrating seeing a beauty guide receive incentives by mail but it's been 21 days and I haven't received my order. I'm tired of the same story that they've grown. Hire people! Customer service should be #1!

I'm sorry for what happened to you concerning your order. You are correct, your Beauty Guide should have informed you of the delayed shipping.

You should have received an email when you ordered your product giving the shipping window time frame. There were huge back orders from that time period and it was very frustrating for everyone. As for the incentives that your Beauty Guide received, like so many people out there who are either customers of the company or apart of the company as a direct seller, the back orders also effected consultants as well. She may have gotten her incentive months before and was just getting them.

I am sorry about what you have experienced.

It is not the goal or desire of any Beauty Guide, within Lime Light to be dishonest or to harm the customer in any way shape or form. I hope that customer care was about to help you out further and was able to resolve your matter.

LimeLight by Alcone

1.2
decided to try the foundation, it was so thick and cakey and I love full coverage foundations. The foundation settled in my fine lines and LOOKED HORRIBLE in natural light. My husband asked me to go wash my face. I am a certified MUA and know how to do make up. I hope it works for others, but for myself, it's a no go. NEVER AGAIN, and it took FOREVER to receive it! Customer service was HORRIBLE. I support Direct Sells, I do, however I just can not get over LL customer service. I tried the enduring Lipstick and was not a fan of it either!! Guess I will be trying different DS brands!

you may have found something you like by now, seeing as this was forever ago... but if not, try out Arbonne!!!! love love love everything I have tried from them!!

I found the foundation to be difficult and complicated and fussy. It seems like you can't make the foundation "work" without all the other products like primer, powder and finishing spray.

Good marketing plan, bad for consumers. Plus, when I took my makeup off at the end of the day, there was no foundation on my makeup remover wipe.

That tell me that my foundation did not last through the day. To my it's not worth the hype or the hassle.

tamaransdell_89

you probably needed to mix the foundation with a moisturizer. and use a lot less. Sounds like you used way too much.

charlie_conviviality_18

The foundation is high pigment, there is no need to pile it on as you would any other foundation. There is a beauty sponge - the Blenderful and a foundation brush sold by Limelight that is recommended to use with this foundation.

You can watch many YouTube tutorials made by Limelight beauty guides to guide you. This foundation shouldn't have been cakey when applied correctly.

Just to help inform, I'm a professional mup artist in the film, tv & commercial

Industry for almost 30 yrs. the foundation is not wax based , the concealer is..

Both are in most professional kits, for years & to this day.

The Alcone company ( parent company to Limelight, is very well known & respected throughout the industry.Limelight has been growing fast so there will be some bumps in the road..the people behind limelight are good , honest people who care about their reps & customers. I speak from years of experience w them.

The foundation is wax based. A tiny bit goes a long way.

Its meant for stage make up.

I hate their customer service. I will never buy from them again.

View more comments (5)