Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Limelight By Alcone in Prue, Oklahoma - Makeup made my face swell

Limelight By Alcone - Makeup made my face swell
Applied foundation and soon after needed to take off becauseunder eyes started swelling and cheek too. Red and puffy.

So glad I saw your picture and others on here. Definitely not trying this makeup.

Professional (whatever THAT means) or not. I get paid more money than the celebrities who supposedly wear this stuff. I really do t understand why women feel that have to wear so much makeup.

It's so very sad to me. Men don't feel this way.

Limelight By Alcone - Out of Stock an my opinion

3.9
I love the products. I honestly think the market is flooded and they have to many restrictions on the basic beauty guide trying to advertise business, but it seems certain ones get away with whatever. That being said- they should plan ahead when a product will be going out of stock and prepare in advance to have it available. Skin Care samples have been out for months and months, I've figured out the reason - beaury guides will order full product to make and send their own samples. Way more $$ for the company, trickery! Over all to me its a bad investment if you spend a dime over what you pay for the kit - that is actually worth the price, you need many many friends and family that will support you, you're sol without a support group that will continue to buy from you.
tamaransdell_89

Limelight MAKEUP is NOT chemical free. Anyone who told you that is definitely wrong! But, the skincare line IS all natural, chemical free, paraben free, dye free, and cruelty free.

Too many products going out of stock, & even having to freeze recruitment for over a month was a huge red flag for me. Obviously they aren't running the company properly for this to happen.

Also, many of the beauty guides were inventory loading. Buying large amounts of products to have on hand to sell on the go.

Created a real scarcity problem. Leave some for someone else!

Lauramaher

You're absolutely right. I learned the hard way that the products were not really toxic free.

Plus I hate the pressure selling and advertising. I quit Limelight and joined Young Living after my sister let me try her makeup--all Minerals and no toxic fillers. Plus they have essential oils and so MANY other products. I had no idea!

My sister's friend has a FB page named after her cat; it's called Alice's Oily Wonderland. This lady is awesome.

#1381972
@Lauramaher

Jeez lady is it your sisters friend, your cousin, or your neighbor? My money is that it is really you. Why are you trying to bring other companies down in order to promote your own?

View more comments (3)

Limelight By Alcone - Social media

I will tell you the ones that sell Limelight are the most obnoxious and pretentious on Social Media. I don't know what your leadership tells you... But the talking of money, how they can make $50,000 in a month, the constant posts/videos and how they are a #bosslady is off putting. It comes across as demeaning to us women/mom's working a 9-5 job. A person trying to sell me a product Talking down to me is not going to get my attention. Actually you just lost a friendship. I highly suggest the company Recommends or even demands that you create a FB business page instead of pimping out your personal page. So, No I will NOT try this product.
tamaransdell_89

They are just trying to help you get a real life and not have to work a 9-5 job! To be able to have your own schedule, be home with the kids/family more, and have a better quality of life.

Working for LimeLight has given me a new lease on life! And I don't even make that much money!!

I don't sell Limelight, but I do rep for another company, so my guess is that they are trying to have you join them so you can also be successful. It's definitely attainable for you to make 50-100k in a month. It doesn't come easy, it takes ALOT of hard work and time.

@Hey

Excellent comment!

View more comments (2)
Poor customer service

Limelight By Alcone - My beauty consultant not getting credit for orders

Every time I order from Limelight my beauty consultant does not get the percentage they are promised. I click on the proper link, enter her info, hit the button connect and nothing. Third time it has happened, I am done with them. I have had larger orders and my beauty consultant never gets what she is supposed to. I think a girl by the name of Christina Carroll is grabbing them somehow and their company will not change it. Do not buy anything from Christina Carroll. This siASLNV M {{Redacted}} ght wants more words so here they are blah bah blah blah blah blahb ahjb alboi sg'pijawfv ocvnmfoe gnhwO
tamaransdell_89

I always get my proper percentage. Maybe they were having some technical difficulties. They would make it right.

Preferred solution
Give my order credit to the proper beauty consultant

Limelight By Alcone - False advertising

I'm concerned for women thinking they're using a natural bontanical foundation. It's full of toxic chemicals. A couple of the worst offenders! Cancer causing BHT & Paraben.
tamaransdell_89

LimeLight does not promote their foundation and makeup to be chemical free!! The skincare line IS all natural, chemical free, dye free, paraben free and cruelty free.

But not the foundation and they do not say that!!

All their ingredients are listed on the website. No reason not to do your own research and see it for yourself!!

The 'beauty guides', and I use that term loosely, don't focus on the makeup ingredients; they focus on their other facial products hoping that you'll get confused and think that all they're products are 'safe' and bunny certified which they clearly are not.

@Carol Bradlein in KS

Bravo!

There is NO reason to use toxins at all; many companies have proven this. Why choose 'less toxic' when you can choose 'not toxic.?'

charlie_conviviality_18

Botanical means relative to plant. Limelight makeup doesn't claim to be all natural.

They use less chemical and many paraben free products.

Their skincare line is chemical free. The Botanical Foundation is waxbased and stays on the surface of your skin it is also non-comedogenic.

@charlie_conviviality_18

• Limelight
  • Chemicals
  • Makeup
2.8
I love the limelight facial cleanser and moisturizer and was so excited to try the new eye aspire. Shortly after use I had red patchy spots that started to appear that look similar to eczema breakouts. I've never had eczema or dry skin and the only new product I had...

Eye Aspire has Carrageenan in it. I am allergic to carrageenan and had a horrible allergic reaction to it a few years ago.

Carrageenan makes my skin dry out and makes it like crepe paper.

It causes paper-cut-like lesions in my skin. I think you may have had a reaction to the carrageenan in the product.

View more comments

Limelight By Alcone - After careful research

L only hit Black Status with Younique once but pretends it was more than once. It's not like she was one of the real top leaders at Younique because she wasn't. I read straight through her and Limelight Ceo's and Leaders. They try and control all their Beauty Guides by manipulating their minds. They actually believe celebrities use their makeup when the fact is some have actually done makeup for celebrities but didn't use Limelight by Alcones makeup. The Alcone store provides makeup to production companies for theatrical makeup not everyday makeup. Someone is going to sue them sooner or later. Kinda remind me of a Cult or Scientology group the way they manipulate their minds. Their focus in training is how to control someones thought process. They make up excuses for anything that happens. L has been making up excuses for her bad skin and why their products don't work for her since she been there. She constantly lie on her lives and even posts. Her older son obviously doesn't live with her and she pretends he does. The 2 other founding Beauty Guide Leaders don't even work. They don't even know how to be leaders and bounce off of L and C for ideas. And don't let me start on the cooperate dude who wants to be an inspirational Speaker so bad. Really all yo have to do is go through his timeline and you know he's out of his league. He was good managing the store applying makeup. I remember some of his first lives he was mimicking L's lives so bad it was... The whole leadership over there is FAKE! L and C can't stand one another. They are constantly in competition against each other and their leaders on their teams. Both of them want to be like A from the Y company. Their beauty guides constantly report each other to compliance because of jealousy. I say both of you did good getting out while yo could. I'm a person who doesn't do DS but thought about it and did my research before I did and quickly changed my mind. No wonder you hardly hear any of them saying do you research.It's a big MESS!! Show more
charlie_conviviality_18

The makeup is the only product that has not caused me to breakout and allows me to look flawless and feel makeup free. I'm sorry but I'm never using another product!

My Facebook is Charlie Marie Lowe-Mackey check out my face before LL and after.

It speaks for itself. Best ever.

#1381967

All you are doing is looking like a poor sport from Y that is jealous of others success. How sad for you!

Ladies let's lift each other up instead of tearing each other down.

Lauramaher

The makeup is plain dirty. I don't know how people tolerate it.

@Lauramaher

Dirty??? HAHAHAHA!

Nope, it definitely is not dirty! i wear it everyday all day and love it.

Yep! L and a few others below her are the reason why I quit!

She gave me nightmares!

I could not subject anyone to that kind of treatment. A lot of the other downline was super embarrassing too!

So if you aren't in direct sales...how do you know all about L and C?

Also L is pretty open about her older son.

She has a great relationship with his step mom. They all coparent. I don't think her personal life matters.

Curious, can you cite a source showing that L only hit black once?

And a source that show L and C hate each other?

I don't consider A to be something special tbh. She's tacky imo.

View more comments (5)
Review
Cons
  • Product not as described
Not as described/ advertised

Limelight By Alcone - Poor Company

When orders are placed, they should be fulfilled in the order they are received. That is how business works. But please explain how other multiple "bigger" orders that were placed AFTER my order that contains the SAME things get delivered FIRST and mine hasn't even been shipped?! Instead it's been "about to ship" for 5 days straight?! Limelight sounded like a great opportunity and I spent a great amount of money to support the company as well as getting quite a few people to spend as well, but we are VERY displeased about the company. It does not seem fair at all that the first orders get put on the back burner while later orders get filled first then LimeLight "runs out of stock" on items, leaving the FIRST orders to have to wait even longer. I would've cancelled my order, but since the money would have already been taken from the account, the money return would probably be like the make up and take 6 months to get back! But explanations would be nice as to why this happens?! And when you call customer service to get answers only to be told tough luck they got 11 days and your on day 10; call back after 11; RUDE! I don't care how many days y'all have when others are getting their orders way before me when they ordered after me and they ordered the same stuff as mine. Something isn't ethical! Also, emailing them for answers doesn't help either! They don't reply!!! Will NEVER order or recommend them too! And my company I work stated they will not either!
tamaransdell_89

They have improved on this entirely! Orders are not delayed anymore.

Myself and my customers get their products within just a few days of ordering! I watch carefully after each order is placed, and they products are usually shipped out the very next day.

Their delivery system has a lot to work on. ORDERS ARE WEEKS AND WEEKS LATE

Gypsies tramps and thieves... Cher wrote a song about them

View more comments (2)
Order processing issue

Limelight By Alcone - I'm glad I stayed!

5.0
I must admit when I first joined Limelight by alcone it was the first time I had ever been in direct sales. I joined in February and by the end of February everything had went out of stock when I got my kit there were several items missing that were on back order but that was okay I was freaking out because everything was out of stock and there was nothing for me to sell except for a little black box at the time lol. I was ready to give up on limelight I was ready to go back to what I was doing before which was being a regular everyday cashier at a job that I hated! But my husband insisted that I be patient he told me that if everything was out of stock that meant that the company's products must be great after using what was in my kit for the first couple of days people were telling me that my skin looked amazing and wanted to know what I was using I wasn't able to give out samples because those were out of stock too! However several other ladies who work at Limelight that were on my sales team were able to help me by sending me some samples in the mail I couldn't believe how everybody was willing and able to help me! Even when I was complaining and whining all the time about what a drag it was to not have anything to work with because it was all sold out! Finally by mid-april things started coming back into stock and I was making sales! My things that were on back order didn't arrive until the end of April but when I got them I was excited I had already tried several samples of the items that were back ordered from my kit. Every month I make more money than a month I did before I gained new clientele and I don't know why everybody is saying they're having a problem with customer service because I have had no issues whatsoever whenever somebody becomes my client and allows me to do my job as their beauty consultant I am able to make refunds and exchanges happen with no issues whatsoever! I know just about every member of the customer care team by name! I'm not saying that I never have any problems we have plenty of problems with people who order colors and insist that they know how to color match themselves instead of letting me do it for them, but I am usually able to get things taken care of by one simple phone call. The shipping used to be really really bad you never knew when you were going to get your product because everything was backed up. The shipping in the past couple of months has been phenomenal we now have flat rate $2.95 shipping I just placed an order on the 1st of July I recently received confirmation last night the 3rd, that my order was already shipping! That's pretty good for $2.95 so for everybody on here who was complaining about shipping and complaining about customer care yes between the months of February and may it was pretty bad ,but I think you should give Limelight by alcone another chance or at least give me a chance to be your beauty guide and make some phone calls and get your orders taken care of you don't have to buy anything from me, whatever you purchased if there is an issue all I have to do is make a phone call they will send you a form by mail or by email with that you can print out and send back with your item that you purchased that you weren't happy with I can't get you a refund if its been 30 days, but I can get you an exchange and they will Express Ship you that is three to four day shipping which usually cost $30 through Limelight for free! I really wanted to give up on limelight I really wanted to quit I was so upset with myself in the beginning because I thought I had made a horrible mistake but I didn't make a mistake I made a great decision because I no longer work as a cashier at the gas station anymore I run my own business and I help women feel confident and look better I help women who have psoriasis, eczema, rocasea, cystic acne and more issues feel confident and look better! So im sorry so many of you have had a bad experience but dont let that determine your future with limelight products.
tamaransdell_89

I share with you in your comment! So happy you hung in there! It's a super great company and I love, love, love the products!

I agree. Its been a wonderful experience for me also and now things are shipping out the day the order is placed.

View more comments (1)
Review

Limelight By Alcone - My order came in two days.

I ordered concealers, foundation, lip gloss, primer and calm balm and had it all in two days.
Fast order processing