Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Limelight By Alcone in Chicago, Illinois - Makeup leaves rash

I finally tried Limelight foundation, eye shadow, and lip gloss all of which left my skin feeling 'burned.' My neighbor ranted and raved about the products, but honestly they never felt good on my face. They felt sticky and heavy and yes, I applied them correctly after watching videos and being instructed by my Beauty Guide. I have given up on cheap makeup products and gone to much better ones in RMS and Vapour brands which are both organic and all natural.

My face looked sunburned for 3 days after I tried their products once.

tamaransdell_89

I have never spoken to anyone who says the makeup is sticky and heavy! Quite the opposite.

My question would be, did you try the skincare products? They are all natural and chemical free. The makeup line is not.

I'm sorry for your bad experience. They truly are an awesome company.

Limelight makeup is toxic. Try Pure Haven essentials or Young Living. Nothing synthetic or toxic in those brands.

@NaturalGirl

LimeLight makeup is definitely NOT toxic!! Wow.

@tamaransdell_89

It's not really Limelight makeup now, is it? Wow.

@tamaransdell_89

Why don't they tout it like they do their nontoxic skincare line then?

View more comments (5)
Bad quality

Limelight By Alcone - The mascara dries out very quickly.

Unlike other brands washing the brush with warm water does not work. I found a mascara on Ulta thanks to an Ipsy bag that is less money and much better quality. I won't waste my money anymore. It's just not worth it. And they're lipstick does not stay on all day.
tamaransdell_89

We do not promise that the lipstick will stay on all day especially if you are eating or drinking anything. No, washing the brushes with only warm water will not work, because our foundation is WAX based!!

You need to use a cleanser with it for sure. I love our mascara! It is the only one I have ever found that actually doesn't smudge or smear.

Sorry you had a less than positive experience with this amazing company. :(

@tamaransdell_89

I thought the products were organic? Was isn't organic or natural.

The mascara is made all natural and primarily with beeswax which congeals overtime. If you think your mascara is dry or running out, it probably just needs to be warmed up. Try warming up your mascara tube between your hands for a couple of minutes and see if that helps.

@Taylor Mitchell

Where do phenoxyethanol, ceteth-10 phosphate, aminomethyl propanol occur in nature? Very toxic and not 'all natural.' The mascara has like 34 ingredients.

Stung my eyes. No thank you.

@Judi Schmatt

#truth

View more comments (4)

Limelight By Alcone - Not worth the price

2.6
I tried the Enduring lip color and while the color was pretty it didn’t last very long on my lips before it started to crumble and look crusty. The foundation was meh, I got maybe a low medium coverage out of it. And it slid around and transferred quite easily.
Bad quality

Limelight By Alcone - People putting down LimeLight products...bogus!

4.3
That is totally nonsense! The lip gloss is not meant to stay on for hours. The enduring lip colors are amazing as long as they're applied right. They are professional quality. So it doesn't take a lot to give your lips full coverage. The less you put on, the better it'll stay. You can't expect to put a gob on and it work right on your lips. There are probably several different reasons it didn't work for you. Exfoliating your lips is very important, just as it is your face. If you use too much of any of LL's products, chances are you won't like them! Professional quality means more pigmentation...therefore, use less! It's not that hard to figure out. Same goes for the foundation, blush, or any of it!

Limelight is amazing. I just started using it over a year ago and can totally tell a difference in my skin.

Exaxtly! That's why using less isn't that hard.

It's people who have a heavy hand who make it hard.

Once people play around with it and figure out that the LESS they use, the better it is, therefore, having more product, hence saving money! No brainer...

Professional makeup...it's not what people are used to, but it is on the rise and will be a household name very, very soon.

It really shouldn't be that difficult to apply makeup---unless you use Limelight.

Limelight By Alcone - Allergic reaction

1.9
Limelight By Alcone - Allergic reaction
I just tried their gentle moisturizer and it irritated my skin instantly. Itching, red, hives. Not pleasant. I have also tried the foundation and it was also garbage.

Is this is leaping bunny certified 'gentle' moisturizer? "It just means another needs to be tried." Yeah ok maybe some people don't want to be burned twice.

Better companies with better products out there to try.

Nothing with Alcone worked for me, and they don't make their makeup but are instead a 3rd party supplier of other companies' makeups. What a scam.

tamaransdell_89

Marilyn Costa; I wear the foundation/makeup all the time and it wears fabulously! Has excellent STAY POWER, looks just as good at the end of my 10 hour day as the minute I put it on!!

If it looks unnatural to you then there is too much being applied. It takes very little to get excellent coverage.

If a skincare product didn't work out, it just means another needed to be tried. I can't use the Calm Balm.

But that doesn't mean all products are crap. I just stopped using it and found the Sotoks works much better for me.

@tamaransdell_89

I am 54 with dry areas. Cannot use anything to oily. Would you recommend this moisturizer?

Limelight is makeup and such for those in big bright spotlights. To wear this stuff outside of that is unnatural just like people who wear it on tv and in the movies look unnatural, like a wax figure.

I tried their facial scrub and face lotion and broke out terribly. The Beauty Guide blamed it on me.

@Marilyn Costa

What facial scrub & moisturizer did you use?

@Kdub32

Skin polisher and skin therapist.

@Marilyn Costa

Skin Polish is to be used 1-2x per week to exfoliate. Not to be used daily. This would cause anyone to break out

View more comments (6)

Limelight By Alcone - Watch out

1.3
I have most of the limelight by Alcone products. I am not impressed and they just sell the items higher than at the actual other stores to give the beauty guides that small 20-25%. YJ is one consultant who scams various people with lies to get them to join so beware. They are not really going to talk to you much or Be friends with you; unless you're constantly buying. Don't fall for the sisterhood trap. CK claims she's so all about helping people and so does another C lady,RA,etc yet that is not true. They want to only talk to those who spend money nonstop so don't plan on making real friendships. CMH makes videos nonstop about how she was depressed and how great she feels she is which is wonderful but these women need to practice what they preach. They don't tell you how they really act if you join. I spent a lot of money and still never had a sisterhood. No one would even speak to me yet you'd see they seen my questions or messages. I am very self suffient and always did the training and stayed active. I just want to warn you that these people really could care less. HB is a lady who is not healthy herself but posts photos of women she is jealous of because they are in shape and she bullies them. What type of insecure leader does this? I was so ashamed that the corporate could care less stalking and bullying goes on. I have been disgusted because when I sent samples to customers some reps were letting me do it but then contacting my potential team members and signing them up yet I had sent them samples and followed up and spend hours speaking to my leads and generating my leads. YJ took the easy way out on a weight loss thing yet always claims to be such a hard worker. Not true. She sits in social media all day but if you aren't spending thousands then she just is bitter and not friendly. I have met a nice lady in the business once but she wasn't a top earner. I have no idea why they don't care about people's feelings but it was rough. Shipping always took awhile but I guess they got out of stock issues taken care of a bit. If you do contact support they don't care.

Wow! I sure would like to know who you dealt with because I work for the company and I'm friends with just about every single person who buys products from me!

That is awful! I'm so sorry you had a horrible experience I will be honest a lot more people are joining the company and what kind of frightens me because we were so close knit and I really like that there weren't a a lot of people with the company at the time that I joined now the ladies who I am close with that are on the same team with me we're all friends some of us even went to school together and I really like that we are close like we are but what you're talking about that is just awful and I have never heard of anything like that you definitely need to report them to Limelight by alcone! I definitely would if I were you!

I love my company and I love our products but when somebody who is supposed to be representing us makes you feel the way that you just said that you felt about the company that is awful! I'm so sorry once again that you had such a horrible experience!

tamaransdell_89

Wow, I am so sorry to hear about your experience with this amazing company! I am a current beauty guide and have had nothing but positive, excellent experiences!

It has given me a new lease on life! You evidently were connected with the wrong ladies.

I'm sorry about that. There are so many who are great; way more than are not.

I had the same experience with LM and others higher up. They are big bullies.

I thought the products were okay but not great. They are overpriced as you said.

It started out fun and to get my stuff cheaper but then quickly became a nightmare. The whole experience was negative for me.

The executive leaders get away with murder. Yet anyone who isn't an executive leader gets watched & scrutinized for every little thing.

Most leaders are doing thing that are non-compliant, yet corporate turns a blind eye to it. Which is why so many policy changes went into effect. Like you, I'm ignored as well. My leader only reaches out to me when she has something sarcastic to say to me.

Instead of saying something positive, she keeps me down, than stops talking to me. She's a real mind manipulator. All she & the executives care about is manipulating everyone into buying, buying, buying & selling while she sits & watches her commissions go up, up, up in her green room. Yet with all the b.s she talks, I've never seen her on the Top Sales report for her "own" sales.

Why?? Because she only does the minimal amount she needs to, but talks a good game! Anyone who thinks about joining "Should Not join with an Executive Leader"! You'll get more attention & help with the ones who are at the bottom of the totem pole, that don't play "favorites" & "headgames".

The "Strategic Placement" they have is also a *** show. Executives use it as a recruiting strategy to get people on board. It's also abused in the sense that those who have to ability to use it, use it only to help their "top line" promote & in turn helps themselves promote. It's also used to place ppl that are already sized up as being "not coachable", under people they don't like.

As far as products, I do use & love them, but LimeLight is no different than any other direct sales company. They have their problems.

@Anonymous

I am very happy you wrote you loved the products....the truth is you are your own boss... I agree with a lot of these complaints...

the company is new and the people are young.... I agree their is no leadership... I agree the words that comes out of top executive mouth is awful... I cringed and now totally ignore her post....

the skin care is natural and the makeup is professional grade... yes you can get it cheaper thru rcma .... this is your business not anyone else’s ... we all make a mistakes, do what you believe is right and what makes you better not being on the negative side of ugly....

make a team of your own how ever you want to it... I know one person using glam app to put make up on and she looks wonderful and she has a huge following.... it is her dance it is her clients, it is how she runs her business.... the products are great, wonderful....

a Blessing to many.... no one is perfect, we all have regrets, and we are all Blessed with forgiveness....to me I choose who I want to listen to and who to ignore...we all have that choice...

I personally love these products and I try to have work ethics like Mary Kay Ash... Be You, and this company will go far because of the products....

UnlawfulWolverine570
@Anonymous

I can be me with a better company that has better products. People don’t have to be stuck with Limelife.

It is by far NOT the best company out there. Choose wisely when committing your life to a freaking company.

View more comments (5)
Poor customer service

Limelight By Alcone - Okay product, overpriced, *** team leaders

1.6
Limelight By Alcone - Okay product, overpriced, *** team leaders
I did limelight for a little bit and has a bad experience. People on my team and not on my team were kind of rude. Any way, I quit quickly but what I found out is they are price gouging their products. You can find the exact same foundation from RCMA website for $23 and more in the tin than you can get from them for $36. That’s a $13 dollar increase in price for less product. I’m not sure about other products they seem a little better, eye shadow seems over priced too. You can get Lorac or morphe shadows for a way better deal and they are just as pigmented. Also their shipping times suck. They strive to be a professional brand, than get professional and get people’s product to them.

I don’t care where morphe comes from?? I know that the product is just as good for a better price.

Go ahead and do whatever you want and talk rude to me, I was a customer, which means I have a right to express my opinion but your crap attitude makes me never want to buy your products again. I already researched it, Look it up yourself.

RCMA comes with a half ounce and limelight has 12g. Do the math.

@Anonymous

I apologize for being rude to you. I just take offense when someone puts down a prestigious company with women who are working their tails off to provide and make a better life for their families.

Sure, you can get any product that a direct sells company sells. That's not really the point. The point is supporting your friend, or whomever it was that you bought LL from. You can get stuff that Pamper Chef sells from Walmart, or Scensty stuff from Walmart.

Just like makeup and skin care. There are so many different brands to choose from. Like I said the point is supporting that person and their dreams.

I do sincerely apologize for my "hot head!" I hope you understand this concept and take that into consideration. xx

@Kdub32

No it's not all about supporting your friend's dreams. It's about making your dollar stretch, and exclusivity if you like a certain product.

and I can't find Rodan&Fields or Young Living or Posh or others at WalMart. Why? Because they make their products in house. Scentsy is overpriced and nothing special.

Same with Limelight products. Not all companies are like that.

Kdub32

First off, Morphe eyeshadow palettes are made in China! Secondly how much is in the container from RCMA that you claim has "more" foundation, for a cheaper price.

I will research this and come back to your claim! I'm calling BS.

Morphe eyeshadows are amazing

@Samantha9187

Amazing Chinese garbage. Have fun with that.

@Kdub32

The only BS here is you.

The top leaders are always doing those "tough love" videos to make everyone feel like they aren't working hard enough, when most of them only sell the minimum amount. They always talk a good talk & want everyone else to "buy their promotions" while they sit back & watch the numbers go up in their backoffices.

This is supposed to be a business. I do agree you need to support your business, buy & use the products in order to sell them, but to have these coaching videos telling people to go buy more than one collection...who's really making out here!

@Anonymous

There are plenty of other MLM companies out there that don't do this. I've found Limelight's strategy to be an aggressive one.

I felt highly pressured.

I will sell and use at my OWN pace thank you. Also I found them to be deceptive in their 'all natural' claims.

@Denise Shaver

Hi Denise, LimeLight's skincare products are all natural and chemical free. But the foundation/make up is not.

If you were told differently, I'm sorry. I'm sure not all the beauty guides are great leaders. The ones I am connected with are excellent. There was one I did not care for and I just left her group and deleted her as a friend.

I have found that I definitely can not compare myself to others.

I need to find my own rhythm and way of growing my business. :)

@Denise Shaver

My top leader blocked one of my downlines from a training because she asked a question & she thought the question was suspicious. Who does this?

Talk about scarcity mindset, paranoia, & insecurities which are always preached to us to "not" have.

Instead of blocking her, she could have pm'd her & asked for clarification. So immature, & as a result, my girl quit.

Yup!! Agreed!!

I did unfollowed the directors and the tribe, I’m only doing retail now, the trainings and tough love are awful and pushed me away.

I bet we had the same top leader. Not relatable at all!

@Beauty1774

LM maybe? Terrible tribe.

Agreed!!

View more comments (13)
Pricing issue

Limelight By Alcone - Very unsatisified

I ordered the concealer and paid 30.00 for it. It didnt hardly cover at all and it was very small. It rubbed off on my shirt and the coverage was horrible. I will not be ordering this product ever again. The product says it to be the best concealer and that is not true. The amount you get for the price is ridiculous. I bought it to cover up a tattoo because I was told by someone who sells it, it covers tattoos very well. Very unhappy and unsatisified. I was thinking about ordering the make up after ordering this concealer but not now.
tamaransdell_89

LL concealer is $24. not $30.

I will agree, it doesn't cover my tattoos. But i do like the coverage it gives.

It's not my favorite of their products. I'm sorry you were anything but satisfied.

The concealer is only $22. And you should be able to see on the website the sizing. Foundation would work better as a full coverage over a tattoo.

They will tell you anything to sell their product. That's the problem. Money rules all with these Beauty Huides so desperate to get rich.

Review
Cons
  • Product not as described
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Limelight By Alcone - Eyeshadows and concealer allergy

2.3
Both the concealer and eye shadow gave me awful, red blisters on eye area. Was really disappointed as I thought this was higher quality makeup. I'll be going back to my former makeup line, needless to say! You get what you pay for I guess.

I also got red blisters around my eyes and around my mouth from the limelight makeup, I am glad it wasn’t just me, I have to send it back

I had been using the one drop wonder, calm balm, and foundation since December and have loved it. I recently ran out of the one drop wonder and subbed some samples of must dew i had to help blend the foundation with my dry skin.

Since then I’ve had raw red eyelids and with dry flaky patches around my lashes. I don’t use the must dew on my eyes but that’s the only difference.

A friend of mine had the same reaction but used different limelight products. Ugh!

I have never had skin problems with other makeup— I got the concealer and foundation, along with the primer spray for Christmas last month and within a week of using the product I have burn like rashes on my eyelids and brow bones . Love the product but it’s really huting me... guess this stuff isn’t what all it’s cracked up to be.

Bad quality

Limelight By Alcone - Watch OUT!!!

1.9
So this is the deal. The shipments are late because majority of the products aren't ordered in a timely manner. Express orders, and orders over $200 be missing products and everything. How do I know, because I am a former employee. The managers have absolutely no structure. They hire and give sell employees dreams. There is absolutely no room for growth. I use to process orders that was to be shipped out in March in May. Mind you, some of the orders was express. It takes almost two to three months for some of those products to come and customers orders are then put on back order and/or shipped without the product that they ordered. The management they have in place now allow some employees to come into work and leave whenever they please. I know some folks who are still there who are seeking work elsewhere because they also have been lied to as well. I hope all you folks receive your shipments in a timely manner. Oops!!! I think the reason it takes so long because it is being manufactured straight out of China.

They lie to their prospects about recruiting too. They'll tell you anything just to get you to join.

Beware of them throwing around "Strategic Placement" which is to help move people around in your downline to help others promote, usually a leader promotes. You might be moved under someone you don't get along with or someone who isn't helpful. Once you're moved you stuck there & can't move again. If anyone is moved under you, same thing.

Theres also no guarantee these people who are moved are going to sell/recruit. It's pointless.

tamaransdell_89

And the products are NOT manufactured in China!! Wow.

tamaransdell_89

This is absolutely NOT true!! Myself as well as my customers have received anything they order within just a few days, like 3-5 days!!

I had an issue with ONE of my orders, the eye shadows were all broken.

They processed my new order immediately and I had it within a week. and I did not have to send the broken ones back!!

LMAO you hit it---China! Read their makeup ingredients???

Makeup should be good skincare, and their skincare has minimal ingredients albeit no toxic ones for too high of a price. At least with Young Living or Origins or Alba or any of those other nontoxic lotions, creams, etc you're getting a log list of ingredients.

Ordered Sotoks & received One Drop Wonder which is a more expensive item. Reached out to customer service about this & they said I needed to return the One Drop Wonder & then they would sent me Sotoks.

They sent me an empty box with nothing in it.

I complained & kept on them, I still have no resolution. I should have kept my mouth shut & kept the One Drop Wonder, know I have nothing & they were paid.

well, it's true about the missing item. I spent $340 and the eyeliner was missing.

my consultant put in for another one and I still didn't get it. called them today and got some script that was being read to me and told me I need to file the claim with post office.

your *** job of putting my order together and then lying that it was included on the order form isn't my job to make a claim with the mail people. she basically told me to take care of it before they could make it right.

and I didn't get her name, because she said it to where I wouldn't know who she was. the packing person stuck the eyeliner in her pocket.

@keverhart

This kind of customer service is exactly representative of the entire company's philosophy. Hope you look elsewhere for your makeup and skincare needs.

#1381965

It's actually not true that they are manufactured in China. Please don't make up lies.

View more comments (7)