Limelight By Alcone - Very helpful

Person I spoke with on the phone was very informative and willing to answer all of my questions with no problem. Thank you!

Good customer service
Review #1196196 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Limelight By Alcone - Terrible website!

Website doesn't work! I got an error notice every time I clicked on something.

Can't get items into the cart. When it's time to pay it goes completely black and takes me back to the beginning with an empty cart. I don't know if the products are any good or not because I get them, but I know that the customer service is terrible or they would put more effort into a website that works for the customer. The whole two hour experience was excruciating.

I can't recommend this company to anyone.

Don't waste your time! Not worth the trouble.

I had an issue with my order also untie I tried to use a different web browser.

I agree! It's even worse if your a beauty guide.

Every time they launch a new product or have a sale, the website crashes or you can't get in to create your order. I've lost customers & recruits due to this problem.

View more comments (1)
Order processing issue
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1185068 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Limelight By Alcone - Reaction to LimeLight Foundation

I tried to use the LimeLight foundation and I ended up having a reaction. My face ended up getting really red, swollen, and irritated.

Aspire2Inspire, I must beg to differ. It broke me out with horrendous acne all over my face. My dermatologist told me to stop using it immediately.

Aspire2Inspire

Limelight offers a full 30 day money back guarantee. If you had issues with it breaking you out you could have returned it. Im not exactly sure how it could've possibly broke you out though as it has nothing in it to perhaps cause break outs.

@Aspire2Inspire

That doesn't even make sense. It has nothing in it to cause a reaction on someones skin that you know nothing about? It must be only have water as an ingredient then, of course its easier to blame the customer saying they have used it incorrectly or that the issue is their fault.Have a wonderful day.

Its.rcma foundation limelight sells it for over 10 dollars more look it up, they need to stop ripping people off. Its not fair, and some of their leaders are terrible and backstabbers, I would file a claim, and tell them you want your money back. Good luck and tell them, atleadt I would

Aspire2Inspire
@Pinkmonkey

Yes. It is RMCA.

It's common knowledge to every Beauty Guide and/customer. It's not a secret, so not sure what's your point. It sells for a little more..... because you get MORE product..

plus soon Limelights foundation will be pareben free.. so that is the price point different.

@Aspire2Inspire

Not much of a difference in size. Have you seen the ounces?Limelight has 12 gramsRcma has 14 grams, check your info

View more comments (5)
Bad quality
Review #1184201 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1184201.

Limelight By Alcone - Thank you LimeLife/LimeLight for the recent Global Executive Takeover/Screwing Over!!

1.7

Yesterday our CEO told us about the details of our global expansion w/the help of the partnership of L'Occitane (they own 60% now). As it was building excitement about hearing where we were going & when, sounded great until they told us that there will 2 launches per country & that executives only (Lead Director & above), would be allowed to recruit for the 1st launches, & for the 2nd launch Star Beauty Guides, Founding Beauty Guides, or anyone who has $5000 in sales per month could recruit globally.

Basically, they screwed over us lower levels who have been working hard with our teams with the hopes of reaching the executive ranks when we went globally! I can tell you I know for a fact not many Beauty Guides with LimeLife (yes new name) sell over $5000! Not even the executives, as most of them sell the minimum ($600 barely) & just crack the whip at their teams to work harder! Most of us had potential recruits in other countries waiting to join LimeLight, & now unless we promote quickly (only within the US) do we have a shot at recruiting globally.

All of the hard work I did, is going to GIVEN to someone in the executive ranks! "Oh, here's some potentials that I can't recruit, guess there yours now!" Same with sales, you have to be a "good samaritan" & give the international sale to an executive without receiving any credit whatsoever! You also need to pass an international test too, in order to be a global recruiter, which I know a certain Platinum level probably had a say in that one! You also have to pay for your international website/greenroom, $19 on top of the $9.95 for the US website/greenroom + your annual fee of $75!

I knew LimeLife was different than other direct sales companies but is the goal to just make the executive teams richer than they already are & everyone else broke especially after the purchase of the kit ($169 + all the website/annual fees)? I think you know the answer to that one!

So if you're planning to join LimeLife, unless you're already in direct sales & leaving another company with a huge team to get you to the executive ranks fast, or you're a top sales &/or top recruiter, or someone who is a sales person who can sell over $5000 a month, or independently weathy with nothing better to do with your time or your money, DON'T BOTHER JOINING! Unless you don't care about recruiting globally & making "some REAL money" instead of the peanuts you'll ACTUALLY make!

The requirements you listed are incorrect. The requirement was $5000 in lifetime sales, not monthly sales. Recruiting was opened in a stagger pattern, with those meeting the requirements able to recruit first, not exclusively.

It's not different than other MLMs, they just tell you that. And look at how much time and your own money you invest and see what your real hourly wage is. They are there to profit off of YOU, thecteam member

Hmmm. Same philosophy of why I left Arbonne after 24 years.

I did reach the top but the plan changed. It became pittance for average consultants. The retail oppty was sacrificed by the creation of the preferred client program. I have a consultant on my present team (Apriori Beauty) that sold 1000.

in Arbonne when she first joined them. Because she was encouraged by her upline to sign up all the new clients as preferred clients her commission on that 1k was 84. In my new company (of 8 years) she would have earned close to $300.

Ethically I couldn't continue to tell new people to join and earn with retail. In AB the consultant level plan is lucrative.

Your report of needing $5000 a month is inaccurate. Check your facts.

It's $5000 or more total sales! I'm not a Star BG, but I was able to recruit internationally because of my sales of $5000 or more.

Hi ! I am sorry you feel this way..

but yes its $5000 TOTAL prv. Also speaking as someone who reached Lead Director in 2 months from sign up with no experience in this field, anything is possible with the determination to take action and learn what actions to take. The only one to blame for not being able to sponser internationally is yourself. I do not mean to say that in harsh way...

just reality. I also appreciate that the company wants their reps to earn the right to grow a team internationally, as its not an easy thing to launch in a new country, and the new beauty guides there need to be lead by people who take action and have proven to be leaders.

The simple fact that you felt the need to bash your company and upline on the internet and did not know the policy was $5000 total PRV, tells me you were not ready to sponser someone in another country and maybe should do some trainings and research to help you be a better sponser, beauty guide and person, to see the potential in this business and yourself. Sorry for the bluntness, just my outtake on what you wrote.You are capable of amazing things, if you allow yourself to do so!

AMEN!!!!

Totally agree, all are phoney

#1519992

I happen to be a Global Founding Beauty Guide, and I do not sell $5000 per month. The policy is that you have to have $5000 Personal sales volume over all.

Which can be done as fast or as slow as you make it. I also took the test, and there is nothing unreasonable about taking a test to become a Global Founding Beauty Guide. I do pay the additional $19.95 per month. That is not too much to ask for all of the support that you are given as a result of the marketing, and the website useage.

I think it is very reasonable. I am sorry you feel the way that you do, but please get your facts straight before you post all over the internet. No one is trying to take something away from you, they are trying to get you to step up and earn it. This is not unusual in the business world.

If you were to purchase a franchise, or try to open your own business, your expenses would be way more than the $169 initial investment, and as for the $9.95 I would gladly pay that any day of the week for the amazing information that we get at our fingertips and the ease of use for the Professional Personalized Website, and all of the free training that we get. I Believe you really need to calculate how much it would cost to do all that LimeLife gives you for a very nominal fee.

I am so glad that I said yes to this Amazing Opportunity, and I am not one of the Executives that you speak about. However, I will be, because this opportunity is for everyone, and we can all get to the top without tearing everyone else down.

You have to have a lifetime prv of $5000 not monthly. I sell around $500 a month and can go global if I want.

I’ve sold over $5000 total for the year I’ve been in the business. Just clarifying the one mistake in your post

I think you should get the information correct before you go airing you grievances on a public page. I am a beauty guide.

Not a mess, Star or any other rank. I’m not even close to an executive. Was I bummed I couldn’t recruit globally? At first.

Until I really listens to what they had to say. They want a SUCCESSFUL global launch which isn’t incredibly hard to get right and they only get one chance. The sales requirement is $5000 LIFETIME NOT monthly. How would you coach a woman in Australia if you have barely gotten your feet wet in America?

How many recruits did you *actually* have globally? Honestly? I can tell imagine it wasn’t many, maybe 1 or 2 people. And if that’s the case I’m almost not positive your upline that beneifitted from YOUR hard work would have strategically placed a newer beauty guide in your downline if you were showing up and be proving you were ready for a team.

Even if they didn’t do that for you the reasons behind the recruiting requirement make sense, regardless of how we “feel”. Emotions are intense and I get that. Especially when we feel disappointed. But you should try listening.

Look into what happened when younique went global. It wasn’t an absolute nightmare and disaster. No order. No accountability.

Just chaos across the board. That isn’t NOT the limelight way and they are 1000% transparent about that and always have been. If you are reading this deciding weather to join limelight I hope you understand people get emotional and 1 or 10 women who talk badly about the company because they didn’t see the success they weren’t hoping for, should never deter you from taking a chance. If you can’t afford $169 for the kit then make sure you save and don’t put yourself in financial struggle to do so.

This business takes time if you have nevee done something like direct sales so DO NOT expect to rely on the income From limelight completely. If you are a naysayer that is your right but please spare me the shaming hidden under the pretense of you trying to help. You are bashing many women who love their business for so many different reasons. We are not victims.

The people who don’t succeed will protray themselves that way because it’s safer than admitting it just didn’t work out. I am so happy with my place in this company and why would I expect as a beauty guide with no team or mentoring experience that a huge company would hand me the rights to coach a team overseas?

@Anonymous

Because it's favoring leaders and those at the top. Making it a pyramid.

The people at the top are going to be able to recruit all the new countries people.

It's not a fair starting point. EVERYONE should be on equal ground.

#1519999
@Anonabcdefg

Please look up Pyramid Scheme, You have no Idea what you are talking about. You are on equal ground, you have the same opportunity to succeed as everyone else that is above you did.

The reason they are where they are, is because they did not quit, cry, or complain. They instead worked their business as you should be doing, instead of spreading falsehoods on the internet.

@Dorthy Sutton

Nice try but you are wrong. LL is a pyramid scheme.

Many mlms are NOT.

But LL is for sure. Good luck enjoy the lies they tell you

I'm very troubled by this policy. My company does NOT favor leaders like this.

We can sponsor globally from day one.

How unfair of limelight. And very gross.

@Anon

Limelight (Limelife now because they no longer want to be associated with all of the complaints, but people aren’t that stupid) are novices struggling to be recognized and respected while disrespecting those who have kept them in business thus far.

I hate that you feel that throwing blame on others (executives) and company policy is your way of feeling better about your lack of success with this direct sales line. This company is very transparent in everything it does and wants more than anything to see women and men succeed.

The training and support is incredible. Anyone's failure in this company can only be due to his or her own lack of effort and/or lack of being coachable. Everything within this company is clearly laid out right in front of you to find success. The products are amazing and if you did not work your business to do consultations or other methods that will help with sales, then please don't lash out and knock this company.

The executives are not there to babysit, but they do go out of their way to encourage and support everyone in the organization.Only someone ignorant to business structure could write such a review as you did.No, I am not an executive with the company. No, I did not get in on the first phase of international launch.

No, I am not brainwashed. Yes, I am in charge of my own destiny and success.

@Elaine

Correction... SELLS..not sales

@Elaine

Very well said!

** Correction, it is $5000 total volume. Not monthly volume. And many BGs are over that.

@Michelle

Yes Michelle! I was just going to say that! Not $5000 a month!!!!

All of you going against that post, are probably the ones who bonus buy. I would resign if I had to bonus buy my way up.

We all know that preference is given to executives, and most of the executives are *** and dont care abput you unless you have a lot of prv. I would like to see how many REAL customers you have.

I bet most of you rarely have any, besides RCMA foundation is found waaaaaayyyy cheaper thrpught them instead of Limelight. Stop lying and quit drinking the coolaid.

@Jenny

LOL. #Truth!

Do yourself a favor, quit & get a REAL job & really CHANGE your life! That's what I did & I'm much happier now.

Direct sales isn't for everyone & only a small percentage stick with it & make something of themselves. I barely made enough money to buy food for my family. I also became incredibly depressed & had to seek counseling.

People want to make you feel like your a failure if you quit, but if I stayed I would have dug myself such a deep hole of debt & depression it would have been too hard to get out of. Doing jobs like this as a hobby for some side cash is one thing, but to do this seriously is very hard!

@Anonymous

You're right, direct sales is not for everyone. Obviously, it wasn't for you.

It is hard work, but it's worth it. Consistency and persistency are the keys. You will only make what the company is willing to pay you in a real job. Once you hit that ceiling, that's there is.

In LimeLight there is no ceiling. We can make as much as we're willing to work for.

Good luck in your REAL job. I'll be over here continuing to work for myself with a company that cares about me and wants me to succeed.

The $5,000 is LIFETIME PRV, not per month. Also some of your other information is inaccurate.

You should really get the facts correct before you post slander. Also sales is sales anywhere. What you earn is 100% on you and no one else. That is the same if you worked in brick and mortar.

Some people excel at it and some don't and that is a fact.

Just because you earned peanuts, doesn't mean that is someone else's experience. Everything is not for everyone; however, I do think in your case you may need stronger leadership and maybe someone to help you understand the policies because you don't seem to have a full grasp on the actual policies.

@Jenessa

Yessss!

This is not correct. I don’t know where you are getting your information.

If you are out to bash the company then resign. This is the BEST direct sales company.

@Krystal

wow, brainwashed much?

This is wrong. Completely.

You need to have this rank so it shows you know how to sell/train/etc.

It’s actually way better then a free for all. I make a full income with a part time job. With sales alone.

Not including my team. If you want something you need to work hard to get it.

In any business or company.

Sorry you feel this way but this is wrong information to put out!

@Ashley

Just to say, I've never been part of limelight and never will. Rank doesn't mean anything.

I know several higher ranks in limelight, now limelife that know nothing about training, teamwork, or business ethics. Training and knowledge has nothing to do with this decision. It's all about making the higher levels stronger.And in using the term rank, it automatically identifies with entitlement and people stepping on others to get in a higher or better position.

No thank you. I'll pass.

@MJ

Nailed it.

The $5000 is total PRV - from the time you started until now. So if you've been selling, you should be good.

@Janaina

Yeah only if you've been selling...

View more comments (10)
Tags
  • Limelight Job Opportunity
Cons
Corporate policies, Beauty guides, Executive beauty guides
Work Experience or Job Application
Review #1179862 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1179862.

Limelight By Alcone - Horrible

I purchased the Bronzer lotion it was hard to get off but also before I used this product I exfoliated then applied it was awful and it was blotchy streaked did not go on evenly Also the consultant or "beauty guide" would not refund my money or replace the product with something else The foundation does not last either

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Review #1178171 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Resolved

Resolved: Limelight By Alcone - Lied to by the beauty consultant

2.5

Update by user Feb 16

Fixed.

Original review posted by user Jan 06, 2018

Made the mistake of just ordering the foundation without thorough research. When it arrived I tried it not looking at the ingredients.

I removed it and started looking more at the packaging and was curious about what was in it. There is a paraben which I'm extremely against. I have been told by my fertility doctor to not use anything containing parabens due to the possibility of estrogen interruptions. Extremely upset that I spent $60 on a foundation and eyeliner that I can't use.

Also the packaging is so cheaply made.

It's cardboard, no mirror, and has a magnet to closure. Seriously!?

Did they refuse to accept a return?

To be clear, the skincare line is the all natural, chemical free, leaping bunny ,etc..... The makeup is just pro makeup.

It is not ALL paraben free. Just most of it.There is a 30 day no question money back return policy. The foundation is only $36 dollars. You must have gotten the concealer, too.

It is wise to check the ingredients before you buy a product if you have an allergy of some kind. Since it is wax it sits on TOP of the skin and does not soak in, but I understand not wanting to use it.

This is not toxic, but it is also not for everyone. I wish you would have taken advantage of the return policy instead of being bitter and *** talking a good product just because it didn't work for you.I also don't understand why the eyeliner is unusable just because the foundation has a paraben in it.

Unfortunately, there are people who rely on the WORD of others, instead of doing their research. So the product was not a good fit for you.

You should have done your homework since you are AGAINST certain chemicals. Instead you relied on someones opinion, even though they represented the company. People are people......some will tell you ANYTHING to get you to buy. You got someone who was either uneducated on the product they were selling, or they fell into the same situation you did.....they took the WORD of someone else without doing their homework.

I'm going to try the products because I have looked into them and if I do find they don't work or me, I'm not going to blame anyone; I'm going to send it back because there IS a Money Back Guarantee. Everyone is made up differently.

Some will love it and some won't. That's the way it is.

More nontoxic makeup: Mineral Fusion, Beauty Counter, W3LL People, Lily Lolo, Vapour organic beauty, Honest Beauty, Just the Goods, RMS Beauty, Fat and the Moon, John Masters, Acure Organics.

Nontoxic makeup companies: Young Living, Pure, Posh Beauty, and http://www.thegoodtrade.com/features/18-natural-organic-makeup-brands-your-face-will-love-you-for

Why by other companies' makeups through Limelight when you can get them cheaper through said companies?? The point of an MLM is to be UNIQUE, and in that uniqueness don't most make their own products?? I've never heard of an MLM selling another company's wares.

@Cind-_WatersNebraska

Actually it’s pretty smart and much safer than buying cosmetics from a company that just decided one day to pump out bad formulas. The products are trusted by actual makeup artists and have been tested and used for a very long time.

That is why you will find the products to be superior quality. Some of these have only been available to professional makeup artists and are now available to everyone. The skincare is all their own. The makeup formulas are being changed to be paraben free right now Too and already some of the foundation shades are without parabens.

The eyeshadows are paraben free as well. Limelight’s skincare is harsh chemical free, leaping bunny certified (much better than simply “cruelty free” as there is an actual process and Set of guidelines to get the leaping bunny approval.) I am a makeup junky through and through and I would much rather be using products I know are formulated by actual beauty brands with knowledge of makeup quality and standards vs a company who wanted to create a direct sales model and saw a gap in the marketplace and went to a factory to have them start pumping out products for the Sake of filling that gap.That’s dangerous because the products become inconsistent and “hit or miss”.

Limelight was first and foremost a brick and mortar store in NYC for professional MUA only. There’s no “miss” with a company using formulations decades in the works of quality control and mastering their formulas.

Nothing, NOTHING is chemical free. Limelight by Alcone skincare is " harsh" chemical free.

Meaning there are no added chemicals.

Water is a chemical solution. There is nothing that is completely chemical free. I've been using the products over a year. My skin couldn't be better.

And the paraben you speak of in the Foundation actually comes from a natural chemical found in aloe. Researching ingredients and getting your information on exactly where each one comes from does a lot of good when picking out new skincare or makeup products. If you don't like the products don't buy them . They don't deceive anyone.

It states clearly on the website on each individual product what they contain.

Limelight by Alcone doesn't teach the reps to lie either. So if a rep told you otherwise that's on her or him not the company.

@Bumblebeefury33

I am so happy you responded with facts. I joined Limelight honestly, just to purchase all of the skin care as a dear friend swore by them, especially one drop wonder.

Limelight doesn't lie about what is in the products.

I also can't get enough of Bamboo Renew and Forty Cure Creme! Healers!!!!

Savvy Minerals is chemical free

An easy solution would be for the company to make their makeup 'all natural' like their skincare, but they won't do that because most of their money is made on deceiving customers. They bank on the fact that most customers don't check. And why would anyone want to be a Beauty Guide for a company that touts safe skincare only to throw all of those toxins into the makeup line?

@Cind_WatersNebraska

Actually, the term ‘all natural’ means nothing. Poison ivy is all natural, but I don’t think you’d want it in your make up or skin care.

But, in fact, LimeLight does use all natural ingredients (just the good ones); no man-made ingredients, and most of them are organic. Some are not available as organics, but LL does search the world for the best ingredients they can find.Also, as the company is going international, all products will comply with other countries standards for what ingredients will be allowed in their products. Most other countries ban about three times as many ingredients as the FDA here in the US so LL products will be much safer than products which follow Us regulations for allowed (presumably safe) ingredients.There are NO toxins in LL make-up. The parabens mentioned come from an ingredient in aloe.

The parabens in the foundation are being removed however, at the request beauty guides, because of the customer reactions. This company listens and always tries to do what is best for their customers and their beauty guides.

The first line of your complaint sums it up neatly.

" Made the mistake ... I tried it not looking at the ingredients."

You've confessed to being concerned about ingredients based on advice from a medical professional.

Good idea ; I'm not supposed to use aloe which interferes with one of my meds.

This is not the seller's fault ; you must follow your own rules and check everything.

tamaransdell_89

Hi, I am sorry that you feel you were lied to by your beauty consultant, and perhaps you were. That's not who we are.

I am a current representative with LimeLight by Alcone. You should never have been told that our makeup line is chemical free. It is not. Our skincare line, However, IS, all natural, chemical free, paraben free, dye free and cruelty free.

Awesome stuff for the skin and very reasonably priced.

As for the packaging, LimeLight is a GREEN company so they believe in protecting our environment which is why it is all packaged the way it is. Why use something "nicer" when it will just be thrown away once the product is gone?

Again, I'm sorry that your experience wasn't 100%.

If I can help you in any way, please contact me!

tammyjrans65@aol.com :)

@tamaransdell_89

So green that they sell toxic makeup. So great for the environment.

@Cind_WatersNebraska

Limelight by Alcone does not make their makeup products. They only make skin care products.

All of the makeup that is sold by Limelight comes from other companies. Maybe you should do some research on the company and you would know that. So they can't just make the make up into anything they want because they get the makeup from other companies.

Rcma makes the foundation, Nars makes all of the blushes and pressed powders, are eyeshadows are the original Mac formula, skindinavia makes all of the setting and primer sprays . I'm sure if they made their own makeup products they would definitely try to be much better for the environment!I'm sure if they made their own makeup products they would definitely try to be much better for the environment!

@Bumblebeefury33

Isn't the point of an MLM to sell their OWN products that people can't find anywhere else (as in stores since everything can be found nowadays on EBay and on Amazon)? What is the point of selling other companies' products when they can be found any and everywhere, and cheaper, including directly from the companies?

@Bumblebeefury33

It’s not true that the blushes are made by Nars. Also not true that the eyeshadow is the old MAC formula.

@Cind_WatersNebraska

You cant buy nars, mac, or skindinavia for “cheaper”. All of theirs ARE cheaper than their parent brands.

As such, they are now in the financial spot where they can start formulating their own products. Again, they don’t just pump products out as cheaply as possible for the sake of sales. They went into direct sales with a true vision of giving people BETTER. They don’t want to cheapen the brand by bogging it down with products that suck.

In order to do that they need time to grow.

It’s honestly such a unique and awesome company and once you learn how other direct sales companies have built their brand in comparison with limelight the differences are staggering. Maybe one day you’ll be able to try one of their products and see the difference

@tamaransdell_89

If they believe in protecting the environment why is the makeup so toxic? Lots of companies out there with nontoxic skincare AND nontoxic makeup.

#1419073
@tamaransdell_89

How about instead of using the excuse people will just throw away the packaging how about only make reusable packaging. Completely out of metal or plastic or something sturdy and when people order reorders they pay for the product again only and pop it in the packaging like a z-pallette. Your excuse is null.

@Bri

They do have packaging you can re-use. That's why it is magnetic and you can replace individuals as you order them.

As far as parabens go, we are working on removing them from our foundation.

Please send me a link to a cosmetics company that has zero "toxic" chemicals. Thanks.

Sent you three.

@Alicia

What I don't understand is if people want all natural makeup then why don't they find a company that sells it and buy from them? Why go and buy from a company that clearly puts in their website all of the ingredients of the products and buy makeup that you already know is not all natural?

Limelight does not promote that their makeup is all natural only Their Skin Care. It is the women and men who work for Limelight that give a misrepresentation sometimes and then the customers listen to what they say and get misinformed and blame the company. The company will actually terminate anyone who gives a misrepresentation of the products. If they are reported They will receive a suspension or a termination.

To be honest with you I think anyone who gives a misrepresentation of a product and causes someone to buy something that they really aren't going to want in the first place doesn't need to be doing direct sales anyway. These people in direct sales need to be a little bit more honest about the products that they are selling I have a client myself that is vegan and she has everything that Limelight cells as far as skin care but she will not touch the makeup she doesn't wear makeup so she doesn't need makeup and I would never push the makeup on her anyway because it goes against her beliefs.

What kind consultant what I be to push products on someone who doesn't want the ingredients that are in the product on their body?

I think that's what's going on a lot of girls and guys that are selling the product are misinforming the clients because they just want to make a quick Buck. I have never had to miss him for many of my clients about ingredients or anything when it comes to the products.

@Alicia

Hey Alicia! I actually do shop at a place that has a Chemical Free, Zero Toxins, Zero Paraben Makeup Line!

I’d be happy to tell you about it!!

Add me on Facebook ...? Ashlie Emerson

@Alicia

You’re working to remove them because customers have been complaining because they’re not as stupid as you people think they are. LOTS of nontoxic makeup companies.

Any that use Earth minerals which is pretty much how makeup started in the first place with various clays and colored found in nature from plants and such. W3LL People, Physician’s Formula, Ilia Beauty, Young Living, Ecco Bella, Mineral Fusion.

View more comments (10)
Bad quality
Review #1163469 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Limelight By Alcone in Chicago, Illinois - Makeup leaves rash

I finally tried Limelight foundation, eye shadow, and lip gloss all of which left my skin feeling 'burned.' My neighbor ranted and raved about the products, but honestly they never felt good on my face. They felt sticky and heavy and yes, I applied them correctly after watching videos and being instructed by my Beauty Guide. I have given up on cheap makeup products and gone to much better ones in RMS and Vapour brands which are both organic and all natural.

My face looked sunburned for 3 days after I tried their products once.

tamaransdell_89

I have never spoken to anyone who says the makeup is sticky and heavy! Quite the opposite.

My question would be, did you try the skincare products? They are all natural and chemical free. The makeup line is not.

I'm sorry for your bad experience. They truly are an awesome company.

Limelight makeup is toxic. Try Pure Haven essentials or Young Living. Nothing synthetic or toxic in those brands.

@NaturalGirl

LimeLight makeup is definitely NOT toxic!! Wow.

@tamaransdell_89

It's not really Limelight makeup now, is it? Wow.

@tamaransdell_89

Why don't they tout it like they do their nontoxic skincare line then?

View more comments (5)
Chicago, Illinois
Bad quality
Review #1148304 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Limelight By Alcone - The mascara dries out very quickly.

Unlike other brands washing the brush with warm water does not work. I found a mascara on Ulta thanks to an Ipsy bag that is less money and much better quality.

I won't waste my money anymore.

It's just not worth it. And they're lipstick does not stay on all day.

tamaransdell_89

We do not promise that the lipstick will stay on all day especially if you are eating or drinking anything. No, washing the brushes with only warm water will not work, because our foundation is WAX based!!

You need to use a cleanser with it for sure. I love our mascara! It is the only one I have ever found that actually doesn't smudge or smear.

Sorry you had a less than positive experience with this amazing company. :(

@tamaransdell_89

I thought the products were organic? Was isn't organic or natural.

The mascara is made all natural and primarily with beeswax which congeals overtime. If you think your mascara is dry or running out, it probably just needs to be warmed up. Try warming up your mascara tube between your hands for a couple of minutes and see if that helps.

@Taylor Mitchell

Where do phenoxyethanol, ceteth-10 phosphate, aminomethyl propanol occur in nature? Very toxic and not 'all natural.' The mascara has like 34 ingredients.

Stung my eyes. No thank you.

@Judi Schmatt

#truth

View more comments (4)
Bad quality
Review #1146336 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1146336.

Limelight By Alcone - Not worth the price

2.6

I tried the Enduring lip color and while the color was pretty it didn’t last very long on my lips before it started to crumble and look crusty. The foundation was meh, I got maybe a low medium coverage out of it. And it slid around and transferred quite easily.

Bad quality
Review #1142695 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1142695.

Limelight By Alcone - People putting down LimeLight products...bogus!

4.3

That is totally nonsense! The lip gloss is not meant to stay on for hours.

The enduring lip colors are amazing as long as they're applied right. They are professional quality. So it doesn't take a lot to give your lips full coverage. The less you put on, the better it'll stay.

You can't expect to put a gob on and it work right on your lips. There are probably several different reasons it didn't work for you. Exfoliating your lips is very important, just as it is your face. If you use too much of any of LL's products, chances are you won't like them!

Professional quality means more pigmentation...therefore, use less!

It's not that hard to figure out. Same goes for the foundation, blush, or any of it!

Limelight is amazing. I just started using it over a year ago and can totally tell a difference in my skin.

Exaxtly! That's why using less isn't that hard.

It's people who have a heavy hand who make it hard.

Once people play around with it and figure out that the LESS they use, the better it is, therefore, having more product, hence saving money! No brainer...

Professional makeup...it's not what people are used to, but it is on the rise and will be a household name very, very soon.

It really shouldn't be that difficult to apply makeup---unless you use Limelight.

View more comments (2)
Author
Review #1140735 is a subjective opinion of poster.