Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Limelight By Alcone - Stop buying their foundation

RCMA makes it and you can buy it when for $23 dollars, Limelight is over selling it.
Review
#1208920 Review #1208920 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Pricing issue
3.4
All in all I have been pleased with the the Limelight products. I particularly liked One Drop Wonder. However, the ridiculously thin material the one drop wonder bottle is made from will keep me from purchasing it again. It is so thin that the slightest bump can...

IT's no coincidence their most expensive products are in poor packaging. Frequent breaks = more purchases.

View more comments
Review
#1207298 Review #1207298 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Pros
  • I like by beauty guide
Cons
  • Product packaging for one dop wonder
Fragile container that One Drop Wonder is sold in
Loss
Preferred solution
New packaging so I can continue using this product

Limelight By Alcone - Scam!!

1.5
I recieved my product and as soon as it came in, i realized it didnt match. I asked to exchange it and was lied to and told i would recieve a shiplling label etc...(they dont even provide shiping labels anyway. After that i was ignored for weeks. After the "beauty guide" had been lying to me i contacted the compay by email to figure out a return. It took several days to get a response. They asked for my order number and i provided it. They called today on a friday while i was working( not sure why theh couldnt email) and told me it had to be shipped by sunday.... Um thanks thats actually impossible to do. It seems like a scam. They just didnt want to return the product.
Aspire2Inspire

Limelight by Alcone offers a full 30 day money back guarantee. It sounds like you didn't make the 30 day deadline which is why customer care stated you had until "Sunday".

I've had zero issues on returning anything which has only been once... but the 30 day guarantee is there with no questions asked.

@Aspire2Inspire

I actually told my beauty guide the day I recieved the product that I wanted to return. She told me she had a shipping label and kept putting it kff. That's a lie, you pay return shipping.

View more comments (1)
Review
#1206865 Review #1206865 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Limelight By Alcone - Great Product

I have never been a makeup guru, but I have spent so much money on skin care and foundations, and everything that I tried skin care mainly has caused more breakouts and skin irritations. But Limelight has been a good skin care line for me. every one is different and what is good for my skin may not be good for someones elses skin. The foundation has yet to break me out, and I really like the product, my beauty guide and my group of women that provide with information are an amazing group. customer service has never been rude to me, and I normally get my shipment within the 11 days, some orders took a little longer, depending on the time of the month. Im not here to put anyone down about using the product or not, just giving my opinion of what has worked for me.
Review
#1199087 Review #1199087 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Pros
  • I like the product
Good quality

Limelight By Alcone - Very helpful

Person I spoke with on the phone was very informative and willing to answer all of my questions with no problem. Thank you!
Review
#1196196 Review #1196196 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Good customer service

Limelight By Alcone - Terrible website!

Website doesn't work! I got an error notice every time I clicked on something. Can't get items into the cart. When it's time to pay it goes completely black and takes me back to the beginning with an empty cart. I don't know if the products are any good or not because I get them, but I know that the customer service is terrible or they would put more effort into a website that works for the customer. The whole two hour experience was excruciating. I can't recommend this company to anyone. Don't waste your time! Not worth the trouble.

I had an issue with my order also untie I tried to use a different web browser.

I agree! It's even worse if your a beauty guide.

Every time they launch a new product or have a sale, the website crashes or you can't get in to create your order. I've lost customers & recruits due to this problem.

View more comments (1)
Order processing issue
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Limelight By Alcone - Reaction to LimeLight Foundation

I tried to use the LimeLight foundation and I ended up having a reaction. My face ended up getting really red, swollen, and irritated.

Aspire2Inspire, I must beg to differ. It broke me out with horrendous acne all over my face. My dermatologist told me to stop using it immediately.

Aspire2Inspire

Limelight offers a full 30 day money back guarantee. If you had issues with it breaking you out you could have returned it. Im not exactly sure how it could've possibly broke you out though as it has nothing in it to perhaps cause break outs.

@Aspire2Inspire

That doesn't even make sense. It has nothing in it to cause a reaction on someones skin that you know nothing about? It must be only have water as an ingredient then, of course its easier to blame the customer saying they have used it incorrectly or that the issue is their fault.Have a wonderful day.

Its.rcma foundation limelight sells it for over 10 dollars more look it up, they need to stop ripping people off. Its not fair, and some of their leaders are terrible and backstabbers, I would file a claim, and tell them you want your money back. Good luck and tell them, atleadt I would

@Pinkmonkey

Yes. It is RMCA.

It's common knowledge to every Beauty Guide and/customer. It's not a secret, so not sure what's your point. It sells for a little more..... because you get MORE product..

plus soon Limelights foundation will be pareben free.. so that is the price point different.

@Aspire2Inspire

Not much of a difference in size. Have you seen the ounces?Limelight has 12 gramsRcma has 14 grams, check your info

View more comments (5)
Bad quality
1.7
Yesterday our CEO told us about the details of our global expansion w/the help of the partnership of L'Occitane (they own 60% now). As it was building excitement about hearing where we were going & when, sounded great until they told us that there will 2 launches per...

The requirements you listed are incorrect. The requirement was $5000 in lifetime sales, not monthly sales. Recruiting was opened in a stagger pattern, with those meeting the requirements able to recruit first, not exclusively.

View more comments
Review
Cons
  • Beauty guides
  • Executive beauty guides
  • Corporate policies
Work Experience or Job Application
Tags
  • Limelight Job Opportunity

Limelight By Alcone - Horrible

I purchased the Bronzer lotion it was hard to get off but also before I used this product I exfoliated then applied it was awful and it was blotchy streaked did not go on evenly Also the consultant or "beauty guide" would not refund my money or replace the product with something else The foundation does not last either
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Resolved

Resolved: Limelight By Alcone - Lied to by the beauty consultant

2.5

Update by user Feb 16

Fixed.

Original review posted by user Jan 06, 2018

Made the mistake of just ordering the foundation without thorough research. When it arrived I tried it not looking at the ingredients. I removed it and started looking more at the packaging and was curious about what was in it. There is a paraben which I'm extremely against. I have been told by my fertility doctor to not use anything containing parabens due to the possibility of estrogen interruptions. Extremely upset that I spent $60 on a foundation and eyeliner that I can't use. Also the packaging is so cheaply made. It's cardboard, no mirror, and has a magnet to closure. Seriously!?

Did they refuse to accept a return?

To be clear, the skincare line is the all natural, chemical free, leaping bunny ,etc..... The makeup is just pro makeup.

It is not ALL paraben free. Just most of it.There is a 30 day no question money back return policy. The foundation is only $36 dollars. You must have gotten the concealer, too.

It is wise to check the ingredients before you buy a product if you have an allergy of some kind. Since it is wax it sits on TOP of the skin and does not soak in, but I understand not wanting to use it.

This is not toxic, but it is also not for everyone. I wish you would have taken advantage of the return policy instead of being bitter and *** talking a good product just because it didn't work for you.I also don't understand why the eyeliner is unusable just because the foundation has a paraben in it.

Unfortunately, there are people who rely on the WORD of others, instead of doing their research. So the product was not a good fit for you.

You should have done your homework since you are AGAINST certain chemicals. Instead you relied on someones opinion, even though they represented the company. People are people......some will tell you ANYTHING to get you to buy. You got someone who was either uneducated on the product they were selling, or they fell into the same situation you did.....they took the WORD of someone else without doing their homework.

I'm going to try the products because I have looked into them and if I do find they don't work or me, I'm not going to blame anyone; I'm going to send it back because there IS a Money Back Guarantee. Everyone is made up differently.

Some will love it and some won't. That's the way it is.

More nontoxic makeup: Mineral Fusion, Beauty Counter, W3LL People, Lily Lolo, Vapour organic beauty, Honest Beauty, Just the Goods, RMS Beauty, Fat and the Moon, John Masters, Acure Organics.

Nontoxic makeup companies: Young Living, Pure, Posh Beauty, and http://www.thegoodtrade.com/features/18-natural-organic-makeup-brands-your-face-will-love-you-for

Why by other companies' makeups through Limelight when you can get them cheaper through said companies?? The point of an MLM is to be UNIQUE, and in that uniqueness don't most make their own products?? I've never heard of an MLM selling another company's wares.

@Cind-_WatersNebraska

Actually it’s pretty smart and much safer than buying cosmetics from a company that just decided one day to pump out bad formulas. The products are trusted by actual makeup artists and have been tested and used for a very long time.

That is why you will find the products to be superior quality. Some of these have only been available to professional makeup artists and are now available to everyone. The skincare is all their own. The makeup formulas are being changed to be paraben free right now Too and already some of the foundation shades are without parabens.

The eyeshadows are paraben free as well. Limelight’s skincare is harsh chemical free, leaping bunny certified (much better than simply “cruelty free” as there is an actual process and Set of guidelines to get the leaping bunny approval.) I am a makeup junky through and through and I would much rather be using products I know are formulated by actual beauty brands with knowledge of makeup quality and standards vs a company who wanted to create a direct sales model and saw a gap in the marketplace and went to a factory to have them start pumping out products for the Sake of filling that gap.That’s dangerous because the products become inconsistent and “hit or miss”.

Limelight was first and foremost a brick and mortar store in NYC for professional MUA only. There’s no “miss” with a company using formulations decades in the works of quality control and mastering their formulas.

Nothing, NOTHING is chemical free. Limelight by Alcone skincare is " harsh" chemical free.

Meaning there are no added chemicals.

Water is a chemical solution. There is nothing that is completely chemical free. I've been using the products over a year. My skin couldn't be better.

And the paraben you speak of in the Foundation actually comes from a natural chemical found in aloe. Researching ingredients and getting your information on exactly where each one comes from does a lot of good when picking out new skincare or makeup products. If you don't like the products don't buy them . They don't deceive anyone.

It states clearly on the website on each individual product what they contain.

Limelight by Alcone doesn't teach the reps to lie either. So if a rep told you otherwise that's on her or him not the company.

@Bumblebeefury33

I am so happy you responded with facts. I joined Limelight honestly, just to purchase all of the skin care as a dear friend swore by them, especially one drop wonder.

Limelight doesn't lie about what is in the products.

I also can't get enough of Bamboo Renew and Forty Cure Creme! Healers!!!!

Savvy Minerals is chemical free

An easy solution would be for the company to make their makeup 'all natural' like their skincare, but they won't do that because most of their money is made on deceiving customers. They bank on the fact that most customers don't check. And why would anyone want to be a Beauty Guide for a company that touts safe skincare only to throw all of those toxins into the makeup line?

@Cind_WatersNebraska

Actually, the term ‘all natural’ means nothing. Poison ivy is all natural, but I don’t think you’d want it in your make up or skin care.

But, in fact, LimeLight does use all natural ingredients (just the good ones); no man-made ingredients, and most of them are organic. Some are not available as organics, but LL does search the world for the best ingredients they can find.Also, as the company is going international, all products will comply with other countries standards for what ingredients will be allowed in their products. Most other countries ban about three times as many ingredients as the FDA here in the US so LL products will be much safer than products which follow Us regulations for allowed (presumably safe) ingredients.There are NO toxins in LL make-up. The parabens mentioned come from an ingredient in aloe.

The parabens in the foundation are being removed however, at the request beauty guides, because of the customer reactions. This company listens and always tries to do what is best for their customers and their beauty guides.

The first line of your complaint sums it up neatly.

" Made the mistake ... I tried it not looking at the ingredients."

You've confessed to being concerned about ingredients based on advice from a medical professional.

Good idea ; I'm not supposed to use aloe which interferes with one of my meds.

This is not the seller's fault ; you must follow your own rules and check everything.

tamaransdell_89

Hi, I am sorry that you feel you were lied to by your beauty consultant, and perhaps you were. That's not who we are.

I am a current representative with LimeLight by Alcone. You should never have been told that our makeup line is chemical free. It is not. Our skincare line, However, IS, all natural, chemical free, paraben free, dye free and cruelty free.

Awesome stuff for the skin and very reasonably priced.

As for the packaging, LimeLight is a GREEN company so they believe in protecting our environment which is why it is all packaged the way it is. Why use something "nicer" when it will just be thrown away once the product is gone?

Again, I'm sorry that your experience wasn't 100%.

If I can help you in any way, please contact me!

tammyjrans65@aol.com :)

@tamaransdell_89

So green that they sell toxic makeup. So great for the environment.

@Cind_WatersNebraska

Limelight by Alcone does not make their makeup products. They only make skin care products.

All of the makeup that is sold by Limelight comes from other companies. Maybe you should do some research on the company and you would know that. So they can't just make the make up into anything they want because they get the makeup from other companies.

Rcma makes the foundation, Nars makes all of the blushes and pressed powders, are eyeshadows are the original Mac formula, skindinavia makes all of the setting and primer sprays . I'm sure if they made their own makeup products they would definitely try to be much better for the environment!I'm sure if they made their own makeup products they would definitely try to be much better for the environment!

@Bumblebeefury33

Isn't the point of an MLM to sell their OWN products that people can't find anywhere else (as in stores since everything can be found nowadays on EBay and on Amazon)? What is the point of selling other companies' products when they can be found any and everywhere, and cheaper, including directly from the companies?

@Bumblebeefury33

It’s not true that the blushes are made by Nars. Also not true that the eyeshadow is the old MAC formula.

@Cind_WatersNebraska

You cant buy nars, mac, or skindinavia for “cheaper”. All of theirs ARE cheaper than their parent brands.

As such, they are now in the financial spot where they can start formulating their own products. Again, they don’t just pump products out as cheaply as possible for the sake of sales. They went into direct sales with a true vision of giving people BETTER. They don’t want to cheapen the brand by bogging it down with products that suck.

In order to do that they need time to grow.

It’s honestly such a unique and awesome company and once you learn how other direct sales companies have built their brand in comparison with limelight the differences are staggering. Maybe one day you’ll be able to try one of their products and see the difference

@tamaransdell_89

If they believe in protecting the environment why is the makeup so toxic? Lots of companies out there with nontoxic skincare AND nontoxic makeup.

#1419073
@tamaransdell_89

How about instead of using the excuse people will just throw away the packaging how about only make reusable packaging. Completely out of metal or plastic or something sturdy and when people order reorders they pay for the product again only and pop it in the packaging like a z-pallette. Your excuse is null.

@Bri

They do have packaging you can re-use. That's why it is magnetic and you can replace individuals as you order them.

As far as parabens go, we are working on removing them from our foundation.

Please send me a link to a cosmetics company that has zero "toxic" chemicals. Thanks.

Sent you three.

@Alicia

What I don't understand is if people want all natural makeup then why don't they find a company that sells it and buy from them? Why go and buy from a company that clearly puts in their website all of the ingredients of the products and buy makeup that you already know is not all natural?

Limelight does not promote that their makeup is all natural only Their Skin Care. It is the women and men who work for Limelight that give a misrepresentation sometimes and then the customers listen to what they say and get misinformed and blame the company. The company will actually terminate anyone who gives a misrepresentation of the products. If they are reported They will receive a suspension or a termination.

To be honest with you I think anyone who gives a misrepresentation of a product and causes someone to buy something that they really aren't going to want in the first place doesn't need to be doing direct sales anyway. These people in direct sales need to be a little bit more honest about the products that they are selling I have a client myself that is vegan and she has everything that Limelight cells as far as skin care but she will not touch the makeup she doesn't wear makeup so she doesn't need makeup and I would never push the makeup on her anyway because it goes against her beliefs.

What kind consultant what I be to push products on someone who doesn't want the ingredients that are in the product on their body?

I think that's what's going on a lot of girls and guys that are selling the product are misinforming the clients because they just want to make a quick Buck. I have never had to miss him for many of my clients about ingredients or anything when it comes to the products.

@Alicia

Hey Alicia! I actually do shop at a place that has a Chemical Free, Zero Toxins, Zero Paraben Makeup Line!

I’d be happy to tell you about it!!

Add me on Facebook ...? Ashlie Emerson

@Alicia

You’re working to remove them because customers have been complaining because they’re not as stupid as you people think they are. LOTS of nontoxic makeup companies.

Any that use Earth minerals which is pretty much how makeup started in the first place with various clays and colored found in nature from plants and such. W3LL People, Physician’s Formula, Ilia Beauty, Young Living, Ecco Bella, Mineral Fusion.

View more comments (28)