Relieved of employment after 3 hours

I was given an opportunity to be employed at the Lightfoot Restaurant in Leesburg, VA. I was clearly qualified to work there and I reported to work early and dressed, they didnt know I had even been hired, I was told to go the Chef in the kitchen to meet with her (the owner) I approached Chef Ingrid and I was not smiled at, unwelcomed and spoken to very unprofessionally. Reported back to Manager (Marsell) and was told to go work with another server and follow him. No paperwork at all was completed before I started work..(w2, liability paperwork, person info not asked for, etc..) I was working in the dining area, the kitchen, walkins, drystorage and dish area. I assisted the server with a large group of patrons (16) Server was rude to me as well as the patrons, negitive attitude, and Marsell trying to stop me from assisting server, said that I just need to watch server, dont help. At the end of their luncheon, I was pulled aside in the dining area in front of other staff and patrons and was told by Marsell that his "gut feeling" that I would not be good for this server position. I asked Marsell serveral times why he feels this way and he refused to provide me with any type logical explanation for him to dismiss me. It was only after 3 hours of work that I was cut from employment and then was told that if I wanted to be paid for the 3 hours that we could fill out the paperwork for my 3 hours. I refused this due to the fact that upon a new job, all paperwork should be done before any training gets started. They have violated the labor laws due to this and I was humiliated, embarrassed, and insulted and treated like trash off the street. Chef Ingrid never became involved in this while I was there.

You were let go for several reasons-

1. Not properly dressed

2. Heavy perfume

3. Chewing gum

4. Telling seasoned staff what to do

5. Improper Service

The manager could tell that it was not a good fit. Please come in and fill out the paper work or contact me and I can send you the paperwork so we can pay you for your service.

You must've been really awful to get fired after only 3 hours on the job.

View more comments (1)
ID
Charles Town, West Virginia

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article