Light University Online - STUDENTS WERE PROMISED LIFETIME PARTNERSHIP WHICH WAS REVOKED WITHOUT EXPLANATION!!!
The following letter says it all: “Light University Online leadership promised a group of students, including my family and I, a “lifetime” scholarship and also transferable credits to my local college through a partnership program. On a whim I emailed LUO asking if I were to start a school at our church could our congregation refer to Dr. Clinton as our president. Misunderstanding either the question or the intent Shaun Redgate (VP of LUO) dropped all of the students, including my family and I, from the “lifetime” scholarship and also from the partnership program of transferable credits. He could have just said Yes or No. If he didn't understand the question he could have simply asked what I had meant. But instead he dropped everyone without explanation. Lifetime evidently does not mean lifetime to Shaun Redgate! He has only responded with one email which was caustic and rude. He refuses to explain his bitter behavior or to explain what the problem is. We were made promises which were taken with no warning whatsoever. Again, we were promised a lifetime scholarship with transferable credits. We feel lied to, abused, and ripped off!”

I found it helpful insofar as there was no rebuttal.

ID

Light University Online - We were promised a lifetime scholarship with transferable credits which were revoked
Light University promised my family and I a “lifetime” scholarship and credits to my local college through a partnership program. One day an idea came to me and I sent an email to LUO. I inquired that if I started a school at our church could our congregation refer to Dr. Clinton as our president. Because of this question Shaun Redgate (VP of LUO) dropped us. He could have just said Yes or No. If he didn't understand the question he could have simply asked what I had meant. But instead he took the “lifetime” scholarship away from us and broke the partnership without explanation. This cost me my job at the school and my family is quite distraught as they were promised a lifetime scholarship with transferable credits. SHAUN REDGATE DOES NOT KEEP HIS WORD!!! Lifetime does not mean lifetime to him! He has only responded with one email which was caustic and rude. He refuses to explain his bitter behavior or to explain what the problem is. We were made promises which were taken with no warning whatsoever. Again, we were promised a lifetime scholarship with transferable credits. We feel lied to, abused, and ripped off!
Featured
ID
Columbus, Ohio

Universities, Colleges and Schools Expert Talks

Student Loans Explained: How Do Student loans Work? | How to Pay Off Your Debt?

Jul 23, 2021

Betsy Mayotte, a President of TISLA, talks about student loans, the difference between a private and federal student loan, interest rates, and scams. Uncover expert comments on a student loan issue and a success story of a paid $130K in student loan debt.

Read full article
Betsy Mayotte
Betsy Mayotte

Betsy Mayotte is the president and founder of the nonprofit called The Institute of Student Loan Advisors (TISLA). Her organization ensures that all consumers have access to free expert, neutral student loan advice and dispute resolution.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article