Necessary?????

I had a Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR). Before I left the hospital after a very successful procedure, I was told I would this heart monitor for 28 days because there was a 10% chance people getting this procedure would need a pacemaker. After 10 days, there were no signs of irregular heartbeat and I asked my doctor if I could take it off. He agreed and after 14 days I returned it. They had already billed Medicare for $7500 for the 28 days. Medicare aid about $900 and I was billed for an additional $190. I asked that they rebill Medicare for the shorter usage and reduce my copay. They did not. I told Medicare about the overcharge and think they backcharged Lifewatch , but they still wanted my $190. When I refused to pay, they sent it to collections but I had the paper trail and the collections agency stopped harassing me. I also found that my doctor had a financial relationship with Lifewatch.

User's recommendation: I think the monitorins system was unnecessary but when a doctor says you need it, it is hard to say you are not going to do it.

Longmont, Colorado

Impossible to Pay Bill

Our insurance paid $2,123 of a $2,400 bill. However, this was not enough and they wanted the remaining $277. We received the bill and went online to pay, after establishing an account. Then, we tried to call, but no one answers the phone. Next, they send us into collections. My wife pays bills on collections site. Then, the collections says that we didn't pay. Found out that collections site won't take HSA cards, even though they appear to be successfully charged. Called collections company. They insisted that card was decline and she was quite snotty. I hung up. Tried to call BioTel again, but cannot get through.
Service
Lifewatch Customer Care
Cons
  • Billing
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Take us out of collections

Truly disappointing

Lifewatch - Truly disappointing
My cardiologist asked me to wear a Biotel Lifewatch device for 30 days, here are a few issues among the many I encountered: 1. Their regular electrodes caused many skin issues (I never had any in the past) after only a few days 2. Their skin-sensitive electrodes don't stick well and need to be replaced twice a day, they ALSO caused me severe skin issues 3. Electrodes tend to move at night and their phone alarm would ring, waking up everyone in the house 4. The phone's battery would last only 6-8 hours 5. The device's battery would last only 3 days and will die in the middle on the night, making some noise and waking up everyone - AGAIN 6. The device can't work with your own phone, you need to carry their phone (looks like a phone from the nineties to me) all the time with you 7. I tried to give access to my Lifewatch records to another doctor, despite having filled the release form multiple times, Biotel never gave them access 8. Their customer service is insanely hard to reach, and they know it. On the review card they give you with the device, they specifically ask if you would be comfortable with longer phone wait for better service... 9. Should you try to "record an event", the device will emit a very loud noise... ideal when you are at work or somewhere else and want everyone to look a you. You can't mute or lower the sound on their phone. I could add more but this is probably enough, I wish I never had to use this product.

I've tried to reach customer service twice via chat. First call, over 45 min, and never moved past "2nd in line" spot.

Second call, same thing for first 35 minutes. Still "2nd in line." I don't think there actually a person on the other end.

Bad quality
Improve your product.

Billing my accofeunt for no reason

the life monitor for my child was rented for 1 week only because her insurance had covered the bill and monitor machine was returned on time as directed. One week later the sent a bill for $2500 stating they had not received the machine I provided them the receipt an was told sorry that my balance was $ 0 as they updated their system. 4 months later I receive a new bill for $50 when I called they said I had no insurance I told them not true since they would never send me that machine unless I had insurance so they now decide to bill me for $250.00 I made a few call it is being investigated.

No just because I used their products they feel like I should be paying extra $ other than what they were paid exactly for. Very aggressive and unfair company for the way they treat single parent with a sick children.

ID
#1206754 Review #1206754 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Lifewatch Heart Rate Monitor
Cons
  • Billing is not accurate
Problems with payment
Preferred solution
stop billing me for no reson you were already paid in full.

False Alarm scared the dickens out of me

Update by user Jan 11, 2018

Update January 11, 2018 at 11 pm My wife pulled a copy of the phone calls made to our home today and the Life Watch call came in at 7:13 am today and only lasted 3 seconds. A 3 second call is hardly a good faith effort to get in touch with me but more of a prank call..

Notwithstanding, that call apparently set in motion a series of events leading to some gal (presumably a nurse) from my Cardiologist's office to call me later this morning to say that the heart monitor showed "another heart block" and I need to have a pacemaker immediately installed. she definitely talked like it was a medical emergency. after speaking with a Life Watch representative later in the afternoon, I was advised that everything is fine and there are no abnormalities.

Moreover she said there was no record or log of any call placed to my home by Life Watch. This has created a nightmare for me and I plan on seeing the cardiologist to try to straighten things out.

Original review posted by user Jan 11, 2018
I have been wearing a Life Watch heart monitor for over the past two (2) weeks for a 30 day period. This morning apparently someone from Life Watch tried to call based on my caller ID but I did not get to the phone on time because I was sleeping. Then a gal from my cardiologist's office called to tell my wife that I have a 'block" and need a pacemaker. That scared the dickens out of me. An appointment was made to see the cardiologist due to the apparently urgency of the matter. Later that day I decided to call Life Watch and spoke with a representative. The representative checked my file/record and said there are no abnormalities, irregularities and that everything appears fine. There was no mention of or log notation of any call to my home. Clearly, there has been a case of crossed wires here. THe representative agreed that it would be very upsetting to get an unfounded call about a heart "block" and need for a pacemaker to be installed. Now I am fearful of wearing the heart monitor for the remainder of the 30 day period for fear that I will receive more unjustified scare calls making me think I am on the *** of sudden cardiac death. This is no small thing.
#1719364

This is the second monitor I have used this year.(2019) I am having so much trouble with it from the battery door popping open to not going to the event screen. Ringing for no apparent reason.

The first monitor was new and we had no trouble with it. His one was used before an abused.

Scratched screen and the little flap covering the charging door was ripped off. Will not deal with this company again.

Rosemont, Illinois
Product
Lifewatch Heart Rate Monitor
Cons
  • Did not like the false scare
False scare
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article