Item not received but money taken.

I ordered several switch plates and all but one came. The one I didn't receive was on the invoice but not in the box. I tried to contact them via email several times and then by phone many times (I left messages) no one ever returned my emails or phone calls. They basically stole money from me. It's really to bad cause I do like the plates I did receive. DON'T TRUST THEM! Every time I called I got a machine to leave a message which is alittle strange too. Be very wary if you order from them. Thank you.
ID
Cons
  • Taking my money and no item
Reason of review
Item paid for but not received
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lifesaswitchplate.com

They took my money and I ordered 3 light switch plates!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER EVER USE this site people. I'm glad I didn't order more! They had all the correct icons to make you think it was safe. They even gave you an order #. BUNCH of *** They gave you a website that you thought was secure and it is deceiving!!! They had a "about us," returns, service, policies, and the verisign icon telling you it was safe to use your credit card. It also stated that they wouldn't give your information out to 3rd parties. I'm very unhappy and won't trust another site again for ordering!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

As stated on our website, all orders ship out in about 5 business days. This is because all orders are custom made. Your was placed on Sept. 12. It was shipped on Sept. 21, which is 7 business days. It was received on Sept. 24.

While we apologize that this order took 2 more days than 5 business days, we hardly think this has any reason for you to imply that the security on our website was faulty.

For anyone that cares, here is the USPS Delivery Confirmation number of this order:

940011****830166****79

West Covina, California
Loss

Lifesaswitchplate.com took my money !

Update by user Jul 18, 2011

WOW! 7/15 two months later.... I finally got my money!

Update by user Jul 16, 2011

So, I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau of Michigan. The BBB has contacted me with an email reply that they will investigate.

Next its my local TV stations. Arnold Diaz with \"SHAME,SHAME,SHAME\" and \"7 on your side\". Hey, Lifes a switchplate.... arent you SORRY you didnt return my calls?

All for a MEASLEY $29.97!

PATHETIC! hahaha

Update by user Jul 14, 2011

As you all can see below, \"Jeff\" from Lifes a switchplate said on July 3rd that they refunded my account and this matter was considered closed... REALLY?????

It\'s july 14th and still no refund. Last time I checked it takes only a few business days for a refund to go back into credit card. As I stated before this company is a FRAUD. They are theives!

Do not order from Lifesaswitchplate.com they lie and steal your money. Besides, the 2 switchplates that I got out of the 5 that I was charged for arent even really that nice. I was told that they look quite cheesy and upon really inspecting them, they do! They are quite a *** product.

Save your money and buy from a more reputable company!

Lifesaswitchplate.com sells junk! (If your lucky enough to receive their junk that is!)

Update by user Jul 03, 2011

Funny how they say they responded to my emails but geeee I never got them...... Hmmmmm how about the numerous phone calls with messages to call me...call me....

call me... If you dont call me I will take matters into my own hands..... never once did I get a phone call. Normally a reputable company would return their phone messages but not this one!

But now..... I put it public on facebook, and on this site for all to see and ooooohh how they jump so fast! The internet is an amazing thing! They supposidly refunded my money yesterday...

Hmmmm their first post said they notified me of my refund a while back.... Funny, this shows you what type of business they really are! Liars! They just proved it themselves!

Will keep you all posted if I really do get my money back !

until then ...... Happy 4th!

Update by user Jul 03, 2011

So Lifesaswitchplate claims......\"We have refunded the portion of the order which was on backorder(something which was noted in our emails). \" Really???

then why isn\'t my money in my account. If you sent me emails telling me you refunded me , the money should have been in my account a month ago! Why suddenly the interest? Why not return any of my numerous calls?

As far as mail being in my junk folder ..... your 1 and only email dated 7/2 ( when you saw this post) telling me you refunded me made it to my mail folder, therefore any other emails would have also made it to my inbox! If you stated in you so called emails that you refunded me.....why isnt the money in my account? The bank date on the refund will tell all.

You only took action because of this post! I told you in my numerous phone messages I would take action into my own hands and you still did not return my calls! Thats all you had to do... Call me , tell me the mistake, fix it, I gave you many opportunities!

SO.... do not try to Bu$$$hit me! I am not ***!

You are a horrible small town business! Stay away from Life\'s a switchplate people!

Original review posted by user Jul 02, 2011
I ordered 5 switch plates from Lifesaswitchplate.com back in may. I was charged in full. I received 2 of the 5 and I'm still waiting. It is now July. Stay away from this company! Life's a switchplate 1001 Edwin Westland, MI 48186 (800) 567-**** They never answered my emails. Never returned my numerous calls! Never returned my money! Do not order from this website Lifesaswitchplate.com because they are thieves! This company steals your money! I even told them I would report them if they didn't answer my calls. Obviously they don't care so how honest and reputable can they be? There are many other websites to choose from. Do yourslves a favor and order from someplace else!

I had no problems with my order. The switchplates were very nice.

The only problem was I ordered one too many of one kind and I am one short of another style.

I want to return/exchange and pay the difference but I can't find no one to return my calls or emails. Anyone out there?

Hi April,

Yes, I will answer your question...just as I answered your email.

Here is a copy of our reply:

"Hi,

Has your check been cashed? We show no record of receiving this check.

What is your order confirmation number?

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask."

Please don't fault us as a bad business because we never received a check. We also never received a reply back from your regarding our above response.

Hi April,

Yes, I will answer your question. Just as I answered your email on Sept. 1.

Here is a copy of that email:

"Hi,

Has your check been cashed? We show no record of receiving this check.

What is your order confirmation number?

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask."

We never got a response from you.

I see where this jeff guy is anwesering you now, Hey Jeff what about me, Gonna anwser me now?! I hope they close your company down and remove your web site!

if your gonna sale products , you need to address your companies issues!! not ignore the person who sent you money! All I wanted was to know what was going on with my oreder!

reading this made me realize I should take this to the bbb and tv too! spread the word of bad business and save someone else the problems!

lifes a switch plate is a fraud! same thing wont respond to my emails or phone calls, luckly they havent got my money yet because i mailed a check to them but if i paid by debit, i know i would just be out of luck like you!!

I really am scared that they have my bank account number! I beleive you pay by credit card and they keep your money and just never respond to anything you send!!

I too reported THEY NEED investigating!! online chat, pssh always offline!

Hi again,

As we said, we did reply to your emails. The first reply we heard back from you was not this complaint but your posts on our Facebook page. The emails we sent you stated your plates were on backorder. Whem we go no response, we assumed that was ok with you. We refunded your money yesterday. Refunds can take up to a week to show on your credit card.

We consider this matter closed.

So Lifesaswitchplate claims......"We have refunded the portion of the order which was on backorder(something which was noted in our emails). " Really???

then why isn't my money in my account. If you sent me emails telling me you refunded me , the money should have been in my account a month ago! Why suddenly the interest? Why not return any of my numerous calls?

SO.... do not try to Bu$$$hit me! I am not an ***!

You are a horrible small town business! Stay away from Life's a switchplate people!

No you never responded because I also check my spam. Do you not return phone calls either?

I left you MANY messages! It is funny that you respond NOW after I take negative action.

Now uyou try to make it look like you care. Thanks, but I will remove this negative comment after I actually see my money back in my account!

Hi,

We have responded twice to your emails requesting more information. We never heard back from you. Perhaps our responses are in a junk mail folder.

Sorry you were disappointed.

Do not order from them!

View more comments (9)
New York, New York

About

LifesaswitchPlate Pros and Cons

Cons: Taking my money and no item

Summary

Decorative light switchplates and outlet covers made to match any decor. Low prices and low fixed shipping! ... notice discloses the privacy practices for lifesaswitchplate.com. ...

LifesaswitchPlate reviews and complaints

LifesaswitchPlate is ranked 386 out of 3299 in E-commerce category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article