Verified Reviewer

Ripped me off for a simple food disposal repair

I was in about the 3rd month of the warranty contract when my food disposal started leaking. After numerous attempts to get a technician out to my home to review the problem LHG decided not to send a tech but just replaced the disposal unit. THEY STILL CHARGED ME FOR THE TECH VISIT!! So, I contacted them and agreed for them to send me the funds so I could purchase the replacement unit, they agreed to pay me $116.09. Since I WAS not happy with the way things worked out, I thought it best to cancel the contract. They called a few times to try and make me stay, with all kinds of promises, but I just wanted to be finished with LHG. I knew the cancellation refund would be prorated BUT they added insult to injury with the following prorated amount: Agreement Price=$511.02 Agreement Price paid to date=$511.02 Months remaining on term of Your Agreement=11/13 Prorated refund=$389.16 Cancellation fee=$50 Cost of claims paid=$116.09 Allowable refund pursuant to the Agreement=$223.07 THEY NEVER REFUNDED OR TOOK INTO ACCOUNT THE $65 TECH FEE WHO NEVER CAME TO SEE THE PROBLEM, SO I WIND UP WITH $158.07!! if I ever get paid!!! So not only did they charge a $ 50 cancellation fee BUT THEY HAD THE NERVE TO TAKE BACK THE ONLY CLAIM MADE $116.09. So in my opinion if you like to be jerked around then ripped off LHG is your kind of warranty company!

User's recommendation: !!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS WORTHLESS COMPANY!!

ID
Service
Repairsuniverse Part Replacement
Cons
  • Plenty
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Insurance Expert Talks

Exposed: Types of Insurance Scams and Fails

Mar 7, 2021

The insurance fraud: What is insurance fraud? What are the worst cases? How insurance fraud is discovered? How to protect yourself from an insurance scam? In this video, Charles R. Gallagher, an attorney, exposes the most common insurance fraud examples.

Charles
Charles

Charles R. Gallagher, an attorney and managing partner with Gallagher & Associates. His practice focuses on insurance litigation, foreclosure defense and consumer law.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article