This dealership service department tried to rip me off

I own a 2006 Pathfinder that I have been taking to this Nissan dealer for many years. The ownership switched to Lia and the Service department has tried to rip me off 3 three times since Lia has owned it. My airbag light has come on 4 times since I owned the vehicle. The old service department told me it is because I put heavy bags on the passenger seat and the sensor turned off the airbag incase the weight was from a child. When I had my larger scheduled services they would reset it for me. The last time I set it off Lia told me that the prior evaluation was wrong and the light means way more than that and they wanted to me to pay over $200 to fix it. I waited until the next service, the light was reset and I have driven over 25000 miles without the light coming on because I have remembered to not put anything on the passenger seat. Last summer (2013) I had to buy 2 sets of tires last year because of nails and a slice in a tread. I told the service department that I was going to drive this vehicle for a long time and wanted good tires that would last and be good in the snow. The tires are terrible. They slip when the roads are wet and with the slightest amount of snow on the road. I have driven in the snow my whole life ( I am almost 60) and I have never had tires as bad as these. They were the most expensive tires I have ever purchased and I am afraid to drive on them in incliment weather with wet or snowy conditions. The tread is still great. The tires suck. This fall I had a noise coming from the rear of my vehicle. When I took it to Lia Nissan they told me I needed new tires (mine are a year old) new brakes, an alignment, and right rear wheel bearings. $1600. When I asked how I could need tires and brakes when I had just had an inspection elsewhere 2 weeks prior and nothing was said to me about the tires or the brakes being bad, they told me that my vehicle was unsafe to drive home and I should get it all repaired before leaving the dealership. I left anyways. My local mechanic said my brakes were like new. My tire tread was good and charged me $600 for the repair of the wheel bearings and another part that was needed with the bearings that Lia did not tell me about. I did not need an alignment. I will never go to Lia Nissan again. Not only has this cost them my service business we have just purchased a 2015 Tundra instead of a Nissan. A wise choice based on experience and the bad ratings the Nissans are now getting. If you want a Nissan be wise and choose another dealer other than Lia.
ID
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reason of review
Bad quality

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article