Beware of Let's Go Travel Group!

Let's Go Travel Group is a scam! They claim to be the place to go for the latest and greatest on Major National Events. They say they are one of the best online resources for urban events available on the market today. But they are NOT! They advertised a 2012 Spring Break trip to Panama City for HBCU students and then did not deliver. The trip was supposed to be from March 14-18, but on March 13th they first tried to shorten the trip (for the same money!) and then when students and their parents complained they abruptly cancelled the trip! Not only did they cancel the trip but they won't refund any of the money. Now let's be clear, this is no small amount of money. Students paid no less than $400.00 thinking they were going to have 5 days and 4 nights of fun in Panama City. The trip was supposed to include a party bus to and from Panama City, party bag with T-shirt, 4 nights stay in a hotel, 4 nights of partying at a club, shuttle service to and from clubs, shopping and dining. Now these students get to sit in their dorms all spring break with no money! DO NOT. I REPEAT. DO NOT BOOK A TRIP WITH LETS GO TRAVEL

The interesting part is that there are multiple businesses with the same name. I do know about one located in Uganda...a legit one. All I have to say is what my gramdma told me once: "Everything that shines, is not gold"...just be careful, there are plentty of lazy people in this world that just want to make easy money off the ones that their hearts are not corrupted yet.

The BBB is investigating the company. Go to bbb.org and under the businesses for Nashville,TN you can file a complaint.

I filed a complaint yesterday and the BBB called today to follow up. Spread the word about Carl Owens, he won't ever get business from HBCUs again.

Spread the word about Carl Owens and Let's Go Travel Group so that he can't keep doing this. Post warnings about it on your twitter and facebook, contact your bank, PayPal, the BBB, and credit card company and report it. Contact the Tennessee police and report it. The Tennessee police number is 615-862-****. Give them the following information:

Carl Owens doing business as

Let's Go Travel Group

1728 Edgewood Avenue

Nashville, TN 37207

615-788-**** or 615-538-****

I go to Morgan state university and they did the same thing to us!!!!!!! the worse group ever!!!

i just had the same thing happen to me and my school. they cancelled our panama trip a few minutes ago.

DO NOT book with them.

EVER. I will be reporting them to the BBB in a few days if im not refunded.

DO NOT book with them.

EVER. I will be reporting them to the BBB in a few days if im not refunded.

I'm a student at Howard University and I booked the same trip for Spring Break. DO NOT use Let's Go Travel Group.

It's a really unprofessional "agency" that will try and rip you off. I should have done more research on the company before I booked with them, but now my Spring Break beach trip is cancelled, AND they only gave me 12 hours notice before they cancelled the trip so I couldn't even make new plans.Stay away from this agency...

View more comments (6)
ID
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article