Untrue advertising

The commercials talk about how they buy by the beauty of your jewelry piece and not the weight. We were in there today with some very pieces. They offered a low,low,low price and told us it was such a low figure because of the weight. Some of the pieces were worth over a thousand dollars each. It is all a lie. Beware! This was a ridiculous price and we left feeling pissed. If you are going to advertise at least live up to the advertisement. This was what is meant by false advertising and I think there is a law covering that. Make sure you are careful with the bait and switch tactics.
Cons:
  • Bait and switch
Reason of review:
Pricing issue
Guest

I agree. They low-balled my Rolex Submariner watch which is great condition.

Plus, old man Leo got arrested for by the ATF for illegal backdoor firearms / AMMO sales. Best not to entertain this poor establishment.

You are only going to get burned due to their marketing and advertising costs. They pass that on to the consumer.

Guest

Clearly, a competitor wrote this comment. If you had any integrity regarding your platform, you would remove these dirty tactics review. There is no false advertising, the customer wasn't happy with the appraisal.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1942875

Or maybe you guys are shiesters that involve yourself in illegal fire arm trafficking.

Hes a criminal. ARRESTTED FOR ILLEGAL GUN SELLING,

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1924947

The media always lies! Look at what they did with this Covid-19 pandemic, USA are #1 Covid champions! Thank your honest media that never lies :)

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1924947

You are the CRIMINAL for spreading lies, you are just as bad as the Media!

View more comments (5)
map-marker San Diego, California

Leo Hamels Lies

I took in a thick silver necklace with matching bracelet and they gave next to nothing telling me that was the spot price. I felt ripped off so I called around to several stores asking them how much they would give me for that weight and silver. 5 stores all said the same thing which was 3x more than what they did. So I called back 30 min later and asked if I could return the money and get it back and they said no. They told me I had to wait 30 days but they would call me. I told them o.k. please do. They never called. They are disgusting crooks. The commercials about giving you the best price makes me sick. It's lie. Call around after you get a quote from them and you will see for yourselves.
Reason of review:
crooks
Guest

Yes, they do lie and many are getting pinched due to their advertising and marketing costs. I used to buy from them for years until I received a very insulting quote from the used jeweler person who I will not mention here.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article