Not honoring refund. Liars, cheats and horrible people

These guys are cheats and rip-off artists. I have never been this frustrated with a customer service repetitive in my life. We contacted Leisure Pool-n-Spa to order a 12 volt Pentair Intellibrite 5G, this product cost over $1000.00. An employee named Garrett was assigned to help us out. He told us this was an item that we had to order because it’s not in stock, so once again we told him exactly what we need and made sure that the refund policies fit our needs. When the light arrived at Leisure Pool-n-Spa, we come in and once again talked to Garrett. Before giving him the credit card we talked to him religiously about the refund policies because it was such an expensive item. We told him that we will be installing the light and it will be used. If anything goes wrong or we didn’t light the product would we be able to return it. Word for word Garrett told us that “I will return this product no matter what happens.” Also he told us about the factory warranty Pentair provided. Which was if the light didn’t work for any reason Pentair would provide us with a brand new light. So taking that all into count we were very happy and we were secured if anything happens. If the light didn’t work we have 2 options to return it and get a refund or Pentair would provide us one. The guys installing the light couldn’t make it work so just like Garrett told us we called Pentair to order a replacement light. After hours on the phone with Pentair and getting paper work done, the rep at Pentair figured out that Leisure Pool-n-Spa ordered us the wrong light. They ordered us a 120 volt light instead of a 12 volt. That’s why the installers couldn’t make the light to work. So we couldn’t get a new light from Pentair because it wouldn’t be the right Voltage. We had to go back to Leisure Pool-n-Spa and get our refund. When we went back to Leisure Pool-n-Spa, Garrett was there and we told him about the issue we were facing. He was very rude and not understanding at all. He wouldn’t give us a refund because the wire was used. I told him in the beginning before we bought the light that we will be installing it and it will be used. He was aware of everything we were going to do with the light. Also I told him that you promised we will not have any issues no matter what with the refund, but still he would not give us the refund. First off he ordered us the wrong light. If he ordered the correct light we wouldn’t have any issues. Just because of that Leisure Pool-n-Spa should take back the light and give us a refund. Secondly Garrett lied to our face about the refund policies. Lastly because all of Garrett actions we lost over $1000.00. Leisure Pool-n-Spa are currently looking into the problem and seeing if they can do anything. I want a full refund and I would like Garrett written up for is horrible customer service and all the lies he told us. I will keep fighting until we the right thing is done. Leisure Pool-n-Spa should be ashamed to have someone like Garrett working for them.

The store did not give a refund on this item because our refund policy is we only do refunds on regular inventory items that are returned in original condition within 30 days. This customer cut the electrical cord on this light to make it fit for his application. He tired to return it and not tell us he had cut the cord, only after we opened to box and inspected the item did we see he had cut the electrical cord.

You use words carelessly. This is a special order item.

Frequently, special order items cannot be returned even if still new in the box. You keep talking about refund, but that is NOT what the Pool-n-Spa employee said. By your own admission, "Word for word Garrett told us that “I will return this product no matter what happens.” Returning the product is not a refund. It sounds more like if the light comes and you look at it and it is not what you want, or there is a defect in the light, they will take it back and get you a new or different light.

By any reasonable standard, you would get a refund, if and only if the product was in new condition with box, paperwork, etc.

Further, many times any problem with an item has to go to the manufacturer not to the store. Garrent's words could also mean that if there was a defect in the light you could "return it" to the store and Pool -n-Spa would do the warranty request with the manufacturer.

Your statement that "we told him that we will be installing it and it will be used" adds nothing to your claim for a refund. This is equivalent to telling the tire store you are going to install the tires and drive on them.

Would you think if you did not like the lettering on the tire a few days later, they would take those tires off and give you a full refund since you TOLD THEM YOU WERE GOING TO INSTALL AND USE THEM? The tires are USED. Do you honestly expect us or anyone to believe that any store would allow you to install a light into a pool or spa - use it - and then bring back the USED LIGHT for a full refund. Yet that is what you assert they said.

That is unbelievable and makes no rationale sense.

It sounds like Pool-n-Spa is attempting to do the right thing. I agree that you should be written up as a terrible customer who misuses what the clerk says to get unwarranted refunds.

Also he told us about the factory warranty Pentair provided.he policy in yAlso, you are careless in your use of words. You keep talking about refunds, but that is not what the Pool-n-Spa employee said.

Even you admitted he said "I will return this product no matter what happens." That does not mention a REFUND at all. It reasonably could be interpreted to mean that if there is a problem with the light, you can return it to us and we will get you a different light or help you installation problem. Think for minute: what retailer would allow you to install a $1,000.00 light and then let you return it for a full refund because you don't like it.

That makes no sense, because the product is used. At a minimum there should be a 20% restocking fee or something.

@PissedConsumer985277

Can you please let me know why they refund it the first time then? We returned the item the same way after we used it the first time.

I have the refund on my statement. That proves you guys are under deep water and are trying to come up with excuses to steal our money. You are claiming "special order items cannot be returned even if still new in the box" then why was I giving a refund after I used the product the first time? Sounds fishy too me.

The only reason we bought it again was because the installers said we have another trick can you bring the light back. Also when this issue started, Garrick said he did tell us that he will give us a refund no matter what. He admitted to saying that. So please get your facts straight because posting something.

You should train your employees a little better. You guys are cheats and lairs.

View more comments (2)
ID
Kennewick, Washington
Cons
  • No giving refund
  • No honoring refund
  • Lies
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article