Amanda R Mmu

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Omaha, Nebraska

Horrible customer service and they do not stand by their product or finish houses correctly

I started off with a great experience with legacy during the design phase. The trouble started after the sales person I worked with left and I couldnt get ahold of since she she was no longer there. It took me calling into the corporate office to get someone to call me about the house. Thats when I was told it was delayed and extra month and that I should plan on having somewhere to live till November. Brittany assured me that it would not be longer than that. I closed in January. During that time I watched other houses that started after mine and after months of questioning them I was finally able to talk to the superintendent who told me it was due to the plumber who they no longer work with now. Finally got a confirmed close date but progress on the house was going very slow. When I brought an issue to their attention they at first told me it was my misunderstanding, but after pushing back and showing them the proof they got it fixed. During my first walk through the house was not complete and during what should have been my second walk through the house was not even clean and there was no wall through since the cleaners were there and I closed in about 2 hours. I have found several items since moving in that were not correct or where they cut corners. It has been a horrible experience working with them since they do not care. Items that were added by the title company with dates were not met by legacy and legacy claimed to not know the dates. It wasnt until we told them we would follow through and get the attorneys involved that they started to fix some issues. They do not take accountability for finishing the house correctly and blame everything on their contractors. Part of a foreman/ superintendents job is to watch for those issues and they did not do their job. Their head of warranty and customer service was the rudest person I have ever dealt with. And legacy does not care since I called to file a complaint against her with no call back. I will update this as the warranty issues go on, but my advice if you choose to go with legacy is not to sign anything I til the house is completely done. Even if they say they will come back and fix it. Also do not do a walkthrough until the house is done. A new house should not have had the issues that I have had, water coming into my basement( which they told me was no big deal since it wasnt in the finished part and wasnt a lot of water), my front door not closing correctly, walls being unlevel, squeaky floors, and the quartz separating from the wall. I have not even been in the house a week. While living in I also discovered they dit not really clean the house. I had a thick layer of dust above all my cabinets, door frames and light switches. I also had some many nails, and other material just left in front and back of my house. They claim that since they cant grade yet it is what it is but they have come out twice now to try and clean it up but it is still a hazard in certain places
Pros:
  • Easy design process
  • Great layout
Cons:
  • Finished home is not to standard
  • Cut corners
  • Horrible customer service

User's recommendation: Loved the layout and design of the house but if you are going to purchase from Legacy be cautious and watch everything they do

Guest

Yes I agree the company needs to fold and the owner go directly to prison

Not happy

Poor workmanship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
Richard N Eul

Horrible Experience With Legacy

Legacy Homes Omaha - Horrible Experience With Legacy
Please do your homework before you consider buying a Legacy Home. 1 week after our purchase of a new Legacy home a water pipe burst and flooded our basement. Drywall on the ceiling and walls as well as insulation and electrical were all damaged and needed removed and replaced. After the wonderful warranty department offered no options we were forced to contact insurance. A few weeks later the "No Warranty Department" stopped over and said they wouldnt have done this muck work. They also said sign over to us your insurance settlement and we will then fix your basement. After our basement drywall was torn out we found what we thought we would. Studs thru the home are 24 inches apart unlike the 16 inches quality builders do. Big big difference, they also scabbed in random pieces of wood to catch the ends of drywall (Pic Included) Horrible home builder with no warranty. This company is as bad as any out there. Stay away, far away. This company is a joke and shouldnt be allowed to build homes in Omaha.
Loss:
Warranty issue
Guest

Ya I agree - I just built one in the river oaks neighborhood and I will never and I mean never ever ever ever ever ever buy another one of these piece of crap homes with horrible management and workers like legacy - I hope people read this and stay the *** away from legacy builders- they are the old hearthstone builders btw- and they were crap also

Guest

Worst new home purchase ever.

View more comments (1)
Amanda H Fhg
map-marker Omaha, Nebraska

Leaking for a YEAR now!

Updated by user Oct 18, 2018

We’re also getting wet spots on the ceiling above the patio door, we were told it’s from cooking on cold days. Well I didn’t cook the day it started!

It was New Year’s Eve, we went somewhere. Our house leaks everywhere and they’ve got an excuse for it all.

Original review Oct 18, 2018
We’ve lived in our house now for right over a year, a week after we moved in it started raining for about week straight. We had pools of water in our basement. Legacy waited about 9 months to try and fix the problem. Our year came around for final walk through and and fixes that needed to be done, I pointed out the moisture that was still coming in and the warranty guy said no the concrete is just darker. Well guess what the dark spot grew bigger!! They’re making us get ahold of the waterproofing guy and we’re told they’re just going to paint flex seal on it, are you *** kidding me!!! My daughter has serious mold allergies. So we’re expected to pay all this money for a piece of *** house!!
Guest

How frustrating as the city is approving these homes. Maybe we need to make them aware of the issues

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1727450

Thanks for the review. I was looking to buy from this builder but will now walk away.

Gal Khy

We would like some guidance too. Any luck?

reply icon Replying to comment of Gal Khy

No luck at all. The pointed the finger at us and told us it was damp.

Our basement is unfinished and was covered in mold behind the insulation and they told us “we don’t even know if that’s really mold”. We’ve dropped thousands of dollars in the basement

Gal Khy

Have you found a resolution? We are having problems with our ceiling falling down from conditioning condensation.

We have been told it is our fault because we used our air conditioner and set the temp to over 15 degrees from outside. It was 101 degrees!

According to them we could only set our temp to 86 degrees. We need guidance...did you get your problem resolved?

reply icon Replying to comment of Gal Khy

Ours is ranch with unfinished basement and we have pipes that drip in the summer. We were told that’s normal.

And we know it’s not. We were also told we have too much humidity and we have dehumidifier running around the clock. We were also told no higher that like 60 to set thermostat in winter and like 80 in summer. That’s nuts.

We never had to at our other home.

I’ve noticed in our basement that all the hvac is not probably sealed, there’s air leaking through all of them. Super frustrating

Paolo Zsj

Did you get any results from Legacy? We are having an issue and they are dragging their feet.

reply icon Replying to comment of Paolo Zsj

No results. We were left to fix it ourself. Dropped thousands more into it

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1727391

Ugh, that's frustrating. Well, we are trying to take a stance.

We are fighting tooth and nails for them to do the right thing. Our house has a leak from the sliding glass door, into our subflooring and black mold has appeared. For a 3.5 year old home, that's ridiculous. How do you spend $305K on a house and have this kind of damage.

Legacy states "your warranty is up.

Good luck and here's who you can contact-the subcontractor." I've owned 5 homes and never had this kind of service/issues. Makes me sad for everyone who went through this before us.

Lameisha Bjn
reply icon Replying to comment of Paolo Zsj

We are having the same issue now. 9 month old 2 story with AC condensation leaking on the main floor ceiling.

The initial warranty person said the same thing. Set the temp within 20 of outside temp and get a dehumidifier. He also told us this is a common issue. We did our due diligence (should not have to with a BRAND NEW HOME) and got a dehumidifier to help.

The leak has worsened. Waiting to hear back from warranty. We will fight this until it’s fixed properly. If it’s a common issue, then it is a builder flaw.

We’ll see what happens. Maybe a class action lawsuit?

View more comments (9)
Drew H Cws
map-marker La Vista, Nebraska

Would not recommend to anyone

First of all, the communication throughout the building process was terrible. If you'd call/email, they'd take days or weeks to respond if they responded at all. The worst part of Legacy is the terrible quality of the build. The warranties are limited to a short period of time and it's buried in the contract. We have drywall in our home that is literally folding over at the seams. It's almost like they built the home with cardboard. I called Legacy to come take a look as my house is only 2 years old. They said that it wasn't a structural issue, therefore, it was not covered in the warranty. I know there have been many Legacy customers that have taken issues to the courts. Quality of products, constant mold issues, HVAC problems etc... If you don't want to deal with the headaches of a cheaply built home, don't build with Legacy. I'll gladly sell my legacy home to anyone willing to buy it.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Two year old home is falling apart
Bad quality
Paolo Zsj

Did you get any results dealing with Legacy? Looking for guidance?

Yuriko Rvi
map-marker Omaha, Nebraska

Legacy Homes Omaha: Poor Quality, Unsupported Warranty, Unfriendly Staff

Legacy Homes is very difficult to work with after completing a house sale. To get something fixed under warranty, they just pass along your request to the contractor who originally did the work, and then they fail to follow-up or help you out when a dispute arises with the contractor. This results in frequent miscommunication, conflict and blame-shifting, all of which Legacy Homes claims no responsibility. They are always unfriendly over written communication and do not respond at all to priority requests outside of business hours. Their vendors constantly complain about how difficult Legacy Homes is to work with as well; many of them have ended their relationship with them for a multitude of reasons. Even the workers at Legacy Homes seem unhappy. Besides the inscrutable warranty process, the quality of our home also failed to meet our expectations. Most recently, we discovered that one of our outdoor faucets had an improper seal, which caused water to build up within our walls for several months undetected. Their contractors and inspectors must have ignored this regular drip and just covered it up with drywall, rather than taking the time to fix it. Now, we have a really epic mold problem to deal with on our own. As another example of their poor quality, we discovered that over 20 of the boards in our hardwood kitchen floor were splitting right down the middle, because they were improperly acclimated to the humidity level before installation. It took several months for them to fix it, and now the floor creaks constantly and has unsightly nail holes everywhere. By far, though, the biggest problem has been the water table. They built our basement so low in the ground that they had to install a whole new drainage system and sump pump after our basement kept flooding. A proper survey would have revealed the water table issue. They also ignored their waterproofing vendor when they raised this concern in the building process, and refused to compensate them for this extra work, which took several months to complete, during which our entire basement was completely unusable. They also refused to properly drain the outlet of this sump pump, which runs every 20 seconds, flooding our lawn with hundreds of gallons of water per day. Of course, if this happens to you, outside of the warranty they will accept zero blame and will be completely unhelpful in diagnosing the problem or fixing it. Even in the most extreme situations, and still within the terms of the warranty, they may refuse to escalate your home issue and you will never hear from a person of authority in the company. It's always "the vendor's fault", even though it's Legacy Homes who made the sale. I recommend staying clear of anything built by Legacy Homes because of their poor warranty support and constant quality issues.
Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

Guest

We have had ongoing issues with Legacy Homes of Omaha quality of workmanship and their contractors since we moved in in 2014. I have written letters to Legacy Homes of Omaha outlining the issues, our garage floor is current issue.

We have incurred expenses out of our own pocket to do some temporary fixes and when we ask if Legacy Homes customer service will offer any reimbursement, they always say a big fat NO. We do not recommend you buy a home from Legacy Homes of Omaha

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1615661

Did Legacy just keep pushing you off on the subcontractors? They actually have the subcontractor making arrangements for us instead of taking lead.

They stated "In the spirit of customer service, we have asked **** to contact us prior to completing a root diagnosis." But, of course they included the warranty was up. How can a 3.5yr house have the amount of damage due to negligence and poor workmanship and not take ownership?

View more comments (1)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article