Installed new radiator which blew after 750 miles

Driving to Klamath Falls and my cars radiator overheated outside of *** about 75 miles from Klamath. Called Lee's Automotive and had my care towed there. $200. I talked to Lee's and said I had not had any other problem with the car, but asked to look over the car to find out why it overheated and to fix the radiator. Lee's is a full auto repair shop and I even suggested the water pump or the fan must not have worked properly. They had the car for two weeks and called me with the repair quote. They said it was the radiator and replaced it for me for $330. I asked if that was all that was wrong with it and they said yes. After I picked up the car, I drove it 700 and some miles in a months time, and the radiator overheated again about 100 miles from home. Luckily, a couple of guys stopped and found the radiator cap had broken apart, and the hole had heated up and bent. I had the car taken to Lee's, but because it was a Saturday night, I had to speak with them on Monday. I of course thought I would have a warranty, but they said there must have been something else wrong and would not even replace the radiator ( I would have payed for labor) and they also had not given me a new radiator cap. They had put the old one back on from the one that overheated. These M((&&&F's. They said I would have to pay for a new radiator in order for the car to be checked out again. WTF!!! So I am out $299 tow, a $330.00 radiator, they wanted another $330 for a new one and we still didnt know what was wrong with the car. Oh and after a lot of complaining , the manager handed me a new radiator cap! What the *** would I do with a radiator cap with a defective seal???? Lee's Automotive in Klamath Falls, OR sucks!!!
ID
Sacramento, California

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article