Leather Unlimited extremely unhelpful

I found Leather Unlimited to be extremely unhelpful. After speaking with a salesperson, I asked to and spoke with the Manager, Diane. I telephoned to confirm that the product I ordered would be what I received: i.e.,, the right length. They would not confirm that I would receive the same product I ordered, and refused to check --while I was on the phone--to be sure they had in stock what I needed. Only after ordering, I was informed, would they check the product. When I asked why they could check after placing the order but not before (so I could avoid all the return hassle, and if it wasn't in stock, just not order it) she just repeated herself. They couldn't even be bothered to confirm they had what they were offering on their website. I sell custom leather products for a living and spend upward of $15,000 on leather and leather products a year. If this is how they do business, my business goes elsewhere, and I don't recommend them to anyone.

I've been attempting to order from them and find them difficult to contact and unhelpful when you do, and the prices they give you on the phone differ from their confusing pricing on the website. I will NOT be ordering from them. Ever.

I had similar issues with them. I have filed a complaint with Paypal and with the BBB.

I ordered an oily side, 5.5oz. I received something closer to 2.5oz, and it wasn't even oiled - it had some sort of spray sheen on it. I contacted them about the issue, they told me to return it for a refund, but they wouldnt' cover the cost of shipping it. Their communication has been sporadic at best, taking over a week to respond, and they refuse to pay for return shipping for THEIR error.

Leather is heavy, why should I have to pay around $50 to mail something back when it wasn't my mistake? I shouldn't be at a loss for purchasing from them. I have a small business and buy a lot of leather and leather products.

I bought a hide from them to test them out. They fail.

View more comments (2)
ID
Covington, Louisiana

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article