Leaps of Fun - Illegal charges

Never ever EVER use this company. I used them on 2/21/11. Picked the bounce house up on a Saturday night with my sister. Lou loaded the bounce house, blower, and extension cord into the back of the truck after telling us he had just had a long drive back after picking it up from another family, and took us inside to sign the contract. I filled out all necessary paperwork, and sat with my sister while he explained how to unfold the bounce house, how to blow it up, how to deflate it, and how to roll it back up. He was even nice enough to draw us step by step instructions on what to do. We took the bounce house home, kept it for the allotted time, and brought it back the day we were supposed to return it. A week later we get a call from Lou stating that we never returned a tarp that he gave us. My boyfriend explained that he wasn't the one that came and picked it up, but when he unloaded it, there wasn't a tarp in the back. Lou said ok thank you, he will check to see where the tarp is, and hung up. A couple of days later his wife called and left a message for my boyfriend stating that they would take $60 out of my account for the tarp if they did not receive a call back & left her number. Since I'm the one that picked the bounce house up, signed the contract, and the card was in my name, they should have been dealing with me directly in the first place. Yet they continued to choose to contact my boyfriend. So he passed the message on to me so that I could return the call. I called back to Candace that same night, and she didn't answer. I left her a voice mail explaining she was not authorized to take any money from my account, that no tarp was ever given, mentioned or seen, and if she had any questions to give me a call back. I never heard anything from them. Then on 3/11/11 there was a charge on my account from them for $60.00. I called the company and spoke to Lou, who tried stating that he called my boyfriend every day - which never happened. I told him again that he was not authorized to take the money and that I would be calling my bank to get the charges reversed. He then had his wife call my boyfiend, again, who has nothing to do with the matter at all, to tell him that she spoke to me (which she never did) and tried to explain that the tarp needed to be returned. Lou clearly had my number because he called me back, at which point I explained to him that I have witnesses and the contract and the handwritten drawing from him and nowhere is there a mention of the word tarp. I called Candace back to explain to her what happened, and that a tarp was never given. She tried to say that my boyfriend said he may have misplaced it (which he never said) and that they never had my contact information. For a company to do business with someone and not make sure to get their contact information, especially when taking their credit card information, is beyond me. I left a voice mail with my number as well, which they could have written down. No effort was ever made to contact me at all. This issue is still not resolved, and hopefully this review will not allow them to steal money from anyone else. Do not use this company, they are scandalous, and looking to make up the difference in the discount they give you by trying to charge you $60 for a tarp. In what world does a tarp even cost $60 to begin with? My lesson has been learned - always always always check your bank account. Especially when dealing with conniving people that are looking to make a buck any way they can. This company is a joke and should be shut down.

AUTUMN IS WAY OFF BASE... AUTUMN AND HER SISTER CAME TO ME HOUSE TO PICK UP UNIT.

THE EQUIPMENT IS ABOUT $1500.SHE PAID $65 AND TOLD ME HER FUNDS WERE SHORT THE RENTAL WAS $75.00. THEY DID NOT RETURN ALL EQUIPMENT THAT WAS RENTED. WE CALLED AUTUMN FOR ALMOST 2.5 WEEKS.LEAVING A NUMBER OF MESSAGES THAT HER CREDIT CARD WILL BE CHARGED IF AUTUMN DID NOT RETURN EQUIPMENT.AUTUMN WAS TOLD BEFORE PICKING UP EQUIPMENT THAT SHE WAS TO SIGN A CREDIT FORM TO GRANT US ACCESS TO HER CARD IF EQUIPMENT WASNT RETURNED.WE RENTED EQUIPMENT TO HER EVEN THOUGH SHE DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO COVER THE RENTAL. AUTUMNS BOYFRIEND RETURNED EQUIPMENT LATE THE NEXT DAY.

ACCORDING TO HIM HUNG OVER HAD A GREAT TIME AND THE BOUNCE HOUSE WAS A HIT. HE TOLD ME THAT IF HAD FORGOT THE TARP AND AUTUMN WILL SWING IT BY LATER.....AUTUMN REFUSED OR WAS NEVER TOLD BY THE BOYFRIEND,,OUR COMPANY DID ALL WE COULD TO HELP THE PERSON OUT AND IN THE END SHE REFUSED TO CALL US OR BRING TO THE TARP BY. WE OFFERED A NUMBER OF SOLUTIONS TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM AND AUTUMN REFUSED TO CALL US BACK. WE CHARGED HER CREDIT ON 3/11/11 FOR $60 THE TARP AT ANY HOME STORE COST BETWEEN $80 AND $125.

AUTUMN THEN CALLED AFTER CREDIT CARD WAS CHARGED. WE SPOKE WITH AUTUMN THE NEXT DAY AND EXPLAINED THAT WE WOULD RETURN THE MONEY IF WE COULD MEET OR IF SHE WOULD DROP BY TARP.Autumn then made every excuse POSSIBLE.

Thank you for the advise. I will certainly stay away from this company in the future.

Seeing that I never got a tarp, and have my sister (who came with me), my boyfriend (who unloaded it), and every single person in attendance at the party - which was upward of 50, it would've been impossible to return it. You cannot return something you never got in the first place.

They clearly misplaced the tarp, or never got it back from the people who got it before us, and tried to come after me for it. They didn't drop it off, I picked it up. With my sister.

There-was-no-tarp. Thanks

I have been deal with this company for a number of years. I have had stuff delierved and dropped off, Lou and his family are very honest they have had my credit card info for 3 years on file and has never made a bogus charge..

It sounds to me that you did not returned all the equipment that was rented. On the tarp thing there about $75 to $100 dollars at any Lowes or Home Depot so you got a good deal.

View more comments (3)
ID
Orlando, Florida

About

Summary

Leaps Of Fun is a family owned and operated company that has been providing Central Florida with entertainment services since 1998. The company serves such Florida cities and towns as Orlando, Ocoee, Winter Garden, Clermont, Windermere, Apopka, Altamonte Springs, Longwood, Maitland, Casselberry, Winter Springs, Winter Park, Oviedo, Sanford, Lake Mary, Mount Dora, and Eustis, etc. The services of the company include Corporate Events, Employee Recognition Meetings & BBQ'S, Grand Openings, Promotions, Birthday Parties, Church Events, Trade Shows, Parks, Charity Events, etc. Jumpers, Moonwalks, Inflatable Jumpers, Bouncy Houses, or Jump Houses, Inflatable Water Slide, Inflatable Slide, Combo inflatables feature services offered by Leaps Of Fun as well as events organized by it.

Leaps Of Fun reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article