Non-responsive?

I have called, filled out a request/registration form and left numerous messages with no answers. I really like the look of the product and the other solutions for problem areas...but if I can't get any response it may not be the product for me. I got a call back the same day and a visit the same week from their competition. If I have to work this hard to give them my business is it worth it?

User's recommendation: If you get a response....please tell me how.

ID
Pros
  • Looks great
  • Good reviews of product
Cons
  • Contact
Preferred solution
Some help on dealers/installers in my area.

Verified Reviewer

Promises not kept

After eavestrough install promised to return to complete chaulking to prevent leaking. After numerous calls and texts and leaving messages no one ever responded back. Once they get paid you are on your own.

User's recommendation: Keep away from this company.

ID
#3781973 Review #3781973 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Ottawa, Ontario
Let the company propose a solution

Verified Reviewer

Poor customer service, installation, and warranty.

Leaf Solution - Poor customer service, installation, and warranty.
Update by user Jul 09, 2022

No change. They do not respond or care to.

Original review updated by user Jul 06, 2022
I had a local installer install Leafsolutions Xtreme Gutter Guards. They installed incorrectly without overlapping, without installing angle break, and possibly used wrong size product to begin with. This is based on installation video from leafsolution.com website. Contacted company to confirm that installation was incorrect concerning one of their dealers and to also confirm warranty status. Leafsolutions could care less. Doesn't respond. Only contact they make available is sales. Do not buy this product as there is no support or warranty after installation status.

User's recommendation: Avoid leafsolution.com at all costs.

ID
Cons
  • Warranty
  • Installation
  • Contact
Loss
Let the company propose a solution

Roofing Insights business conference

Hello My name is David. I had thought of working with Evelyns leaf solutions, but that was a hard no after this weekend. I hope this review finds that correct person. I wanted to reach out to someone directly, but I only have his business card. As a business owner my self when I send my employees out to any conference I expect them to respect my brand and act like their name is on the shirts and cards. Robert the Director of sales acted like a buffoon and a disrespectful frat boy the whole conference. Getting drunk yelling screaming and throwing profanities left and right. Also I noticed after speaking to him he smelled like marijuana. Wishing the best of luck to the owner of this company and their provisions
Kissimmee, Florida

Very dissatisfied

Very unsatisfied I have called there three times trying to get help on my shower doors first they gave me the wrong shower doors plus I was supposed to have a soap dish and not a bar the doors cling together when you shut them and they don't shut all the way it has been a month

User's recommendation: Don't use them.

Detroit, Michigan
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Leaf Solution - Terry LaFrankie, Owner

On March 28, 2012, I contracted with Terry LaFrankie to install replacement gutters (complete with gutter guards) on my ranch-style home. The work was completed a week later and with the first heavy rain, the gutters leaked at every corner of the house. Mr. LaFrankie sent the workers to repair the problem, and with the next heavy rain, the gutters leaked. Mr. LaFrankie assured me he would have the problem fixed. It never happened. Today, I tried to touch base with the Owner of Leaf Solution, just to discover the phone had been disconnected, the information on the business card was bogus, the contract and warranty sheets were computer generated fakes. I immediately went to the internet to find Mr. LaFrankie. His linkedin account was wiped out, but I found him listed on an internet notary website. The guy is a "faux jack of several trades." It's obvious I am upset; but the guy absconded with a chunk of my savings. He us a gifted scam artist.

There's a reason there's only one Leaf Solution post on here (and none for Rhino Gutter Guard), it works! Do the same search for Englert Leaf Guard. If your problem is with Terry LaFrankie, write a review about him and how bad he is / was, not the LeafSolution product.

@PissedConsumer844867

Yes I agree!! I tested Leaf Solution many times and this product work great!!

www.gutterflow7.com

Had a similar experience...full gutter replacement in Nov. 2011.

Water runs over the leaf solution in certain spots and drips off the roof.

And now one of the gutters is detaching itself from the house and Terry LaFrankie cannot be found. :(

We sold leaf solutions for 5 years and constantly dealt with complaints. The product will plug with moss if its in the shade, the oil from a new comp roof will render it useless, the valleys overflow even with the dumb new corner they sell.

They wont honor the warranty and the company itself is a joke. 3 different versions of LS over the years and all were problematic.

All LS dealers should be asking themselves why they are pushing the garbage replacement RHINO instead of LS? If your still considering having it installed, be smart and buy it direct for $3.50 ft and have a handyman install it rather than pay $17.00 a foot like they are pushing the dealers to do.

Terry Is not the owner and has been "fired" as a Leaf Solution Dealer. He did alot of bad jobs and hurt the company.The problem your having has been resolved with Evelyn's Inside Miter.I would suggest calling and asking for a sample of one.

Tell them you are a contractor and everything will be fine. The sample is a legitimate working miter that can be installed at inside corners where the vallys are. THis is where all GP systems fail because massive amounts of water seep down the vally.Call ELS at 888-231-**** and either get a miter or ask for a dealer in the area to come install them for you.Other than that, Leaf Solution is the best product on the market!(Also the first to really come out with Micro Mesh.

Owner of Master shield tried to steal the Idea from Evelyn back in 2001 but failed to launch before Evelyn did back in 2002. Master-shield launched 2004...

@PissedConsumer654347

Harry are you misinformed, Ever hear of leaf filter? The product Evelyn and Alex co designed the one that first came out with the screen that looked like Panty hose.

After their disagreement they split and Leaf filter was sold. Maybe because they both knew it was a total failure. I know Leaf solution now only uses the bigger mesh but they main thing I find wrong with Leaf solution is the product is weak and bends very easily, The three dips hold shingle grit and Pine needles can lay in them and get stuck.

Its not a bad product but for from the best.

#651903

I am a "leaf solutions dealer", and want to say I have been installing leaf solutions since it came out. I have stopped selling all other protection products because leaf solutions is the only product that works and I don't get call backs from complaining customers.

In fact, I have not had a call back in the past two years since they changed the design. With "all" new leaf protection products there is a break in period because of all the grease and oil from the manufacturer and installers. This slowly goes away over time. I tell eceryone its like a wine.

The longer it sits the better it gets.

Go get the installer while its raining. If he won't call your or come over call you local.

BBB.

Sorry about your bad luck I'm not a Leaf solution dealer/Installer. I Install Gutterglove but your problem is with that Frankie scammer not Leaf solution is only a product that goes over your gutters so they don't clog, If your gutters themselves is leaking it would be they way he Installed the gutters not the leaf solution.

You could either hire someone to reseal your gutter seams or do it yourself.

Don't look like the installer will do it for you. Good luck

View more comments (7)
Dayton, Ohio

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article