Destruction & Damages to about 1/2 of my household goods

I initially contracted with a company out of Miami, FL called Sun Trust Van Lines on 6/13/13 (but thought I was actually dealing with Allied Van Lines who brokered by load to this Sun Trust Van Lines - No, I wasn't dealing with Allied at all -- they used the good name of Allied to reel me in). Without my permission or even knowing, this Sun Trust brokered my load to this L&D Storage out of North Hollywood or Ventura (you pick the city as they both appear on the truck under the DOT numbers). This Sun Trust would not even give me the location of where my belongings were being stored. My things were to arrive in Tucson, AZ on 7/1/13; but had not even been loaded out of wherever it was being stored. So, I got my Brother involved immediately. He has been in the trucking industry for 46 years and is one of the top drivers in the country. He immediately notified the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration in Washington, DC (he knows all of these people personally, as well as those in the National Trucking Association). DC immediately notified the AZ DOT Weights & Measures agents as to my situation, and the day this load finally came in on 7/9, 2 of the Fed. DOT W&M agents were here to greet this truck, as well as an AZ Highway Patrolman. After the truck was taken over to the scales (as they weighed me in too heavy) and came back and unloaded my load, because of what Sun Trust did back in GA the day I was loaded on 6/24, voided all monies due upon delivery (in fact this company owes me $466 in overcharges). I immediately saw the literal destruction to some of my property that I could readily see. The boxes were crushed; just one after another. The back legs (made of very hard oak wood) of my double Victorian dresser (very old) were literally broken off. My heart was crushed when I saw this. The my bed frame came in and a leg was broken off my metal bed frame (how?). As I began to unpack my crushed boxes, the literal trauma set in with the amount of destruction done to my collectibles and heirlooms. I have moved many times, but always moved ourselves. As God is my witness, not only was there never anything broken, but not even a scratch on anything. I could never have imagined such destruction in my life as to what was done to my belongings (even boxes lost). I was completely traumatized for a month as I unpacked things; collectibles with no resale value whatsoever. We packed this stuff like you would not believe (more than we ever did when moving my ourselves); it could have been packed in foam rubber and still would have been destroyed. It's like they were playing basketball with my boxes, throwing them through the hoop and letting them drop to the ground. 24 beautiful Sunday hats completely crushed to the bottom of one of the boxes as three heavy boxes had been plopped down on top of them. The destruction and damages done to my things is something I could never have imagined. DO NOT USE THESE MOVING COMPANIES -- SUN TRUST VAN LINES (Miami, FL) OR THIS L&D STORAGE (somewhere in CA). Then to add salt to the wounds, my Brother found out through the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (where I had to immediately file a complaint) that Sun Trust Van Lines (who I initially contracted with) just came into business in March '13 and had no "Broker Authority" to legally give my possessions to anyone, and they did -- to this L&D Storage. This is being heavily investigated from the Federal level down. To further this story about L&D Storage, the Fed DOT W&M agents put this driver on an "Out of Service Order," which meant that this truck could not move out of the truck stop for 10 hours. The one agent told the driver right here in my new home not to be caught out before the 10 hours was up as they would be looking for them. This didn't mean a thing to these Israeli Nationals; they took off before the 10 hours to deliver the next load to Gilbert, AZ, and guess who was waiting for them there?? The Fed DOT agents, Highway Patrol, and this time had *** sniffing dogs with them. Because they did not collect any balance due because of what the loaders did in GA, the driver of this truck (about 2 days after the Gilbert incident) called one of the DOT W&M agents who was at my home (5 times) asking where his money was! They are now trying to scare my friend, who was with me all day on the night I was loaded (6/24) to pay the balance due (and the recorded message that was left on her phone was again identified as Allied). I received a call from this Sun Trust at 10:31 a.m. informing me that the truck that was to load me on 6/24 would not be there. I went ballistic and my friend came over to stay with me. I then got a call from this Thamar that they were dispatching another truck out of FL, but would not get to my place until between 4 & 7 p.m. (did not arrive until around 6:30 p.m.) OMG...I am in such poor health, I didn't know how I was going to wait all of this time. So, after I signed all the paperwork when they got there and stayed for a couple of hours out in the terrible humid heat (I couldn't breath and was in much pain), I asked this Joe if he needed me for anything more, to which he replied, "No, paperwork was all done." So, my friend Charlotte stayed to make sure everything was loaded, and my apartment locked up. Well, for whatever reason, they made her sign the Bill of Lading (I had already done this, but was blank when I signed it). This is how they got her name and has searched for her phone number. I URGE ANYONE THINKING ABOUT USING EITHER OF THESE COMPANIES, PLEASE LISTEN TO WHAT I SAID ABOVE. In his 46 years in the trucking industry, my Brother has never heard of such intentional destruction and damage. I have taken about 100 pictures of all, just to give you an idea of what this L&D Storage did to me. Oh, and my new upstairs neighbor was on her patio the day this truck came in, and she witnessed how badly they were treating the personal belongings of the load going to Gilbert, AZ.

Would you believe that this LD Moving & Storage sent me an email denying that they were the company which delivered my household goods? There were 2 AZ DOT Weights & Measures Agents here, as well as an AZ Highway Patrolman.

Not only did I take pictures of this truck (with LD Moving & Storage, North Hollywood, CA all over it, as well as license plate picture), but all the paperwork done by the DOT Agents the day my load was delivered has this LD Moving & Storage, North Hollywood, CA all over the Vehicle Information sheets. Liars!! They were involved with my move with such terrible destruction/damages/missing items!

And Sun Trust Van Lines out of Miami, FL brokered this load to LD Moving & Storage, and didn't even have "Broker Authority" to legally give my possessions to anyone!! They will both pay the price for what they did to my personal possessions, let alone the terrible trauma they both put me through!!!

ID
Phoenix, Arizona

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article