Slumlords

L and B Management Firm should not have the word "management" in their title. They're firm on ONE THING: Collecting money. But what a tenant gets for that money is poor management. They are sexist and racist, incredibly rude, and ignore necessary maintenance issues. They will pass off responsibility by saying that they need approval from the owner and then say they didn't get approval from the owner and therefore cannot perform NECESSARY maintenance. The building I rented from them was in disarray when I moved in, even though they had almost a month to get it in shape after I paid them a hefty deposit (almost nothing had been done that I was told would be done). Hardwood floors where carpet was taken up were not finished as I was told they would be (still had staples with pieces of carpet!). Boards with nails in them and splinters come off the floors all the time. Stains from a previous tenant cover the unfinished hardwood floors. Construction equipment, previous tenant's discarded furniture was still in apartment, along with a bag of empty beer cans from the person who was supposed to have been working to get the place in shape. Windows don't lock, some of them don't open. Basement smells like mold and shows signs of a former *** lab (checked online for what to look for in such a case after bouts of unexplained illness). After continuously having maintenance issues ignored by L and B, I called the city building inspector and she had a long list of violations as soon as I welcomed her in the door. The only bit of advice I can give to anyone considering renting from L and B Management firm is to run long, hard, and fast in the other direction.

I completely agree. I called them yesterday to manage a property and they were extremely rude.

No signing up with them nor am I recommending them.

ID
Cincinnati, Ohio

Horrible Property Management

L & B management of Cincinnati Ohio is the most unorganized company I have had the displeasure of working with. As a property investor, you trust your management company has you best interest to lower costs and increase revenues. I should have know the day I stopped in to get information, Bruce, the owner acted like I interrupte his day to get information for his services. That attitude was carried through the entire company from the billing, leaseing and rude receptionist at the front desk. In 3 months I never had a "thank you for the business" and I have lost thousands of dollars in lost rents due to lacadaisical respose. They over bill constantly for services not requested. The response time to labor they DO NOT hire is LAZY at best. I could not even stop the relationship fast enough... the leasing agent states he will get papers drawn to cancel and meet you the next day with all the keys to your property at his office. neither the owner or leassing agent showed up!!! When I finally went back to the office the next business day (another day of lost income) they did not have the professionalism to apologize for the poor service.

I had horrible dealings with this company as well, but on the leasing side. I have A+ credit, solid employment history, clean criminal record, etc.

However, I am African American. The leasing agent kept making it a point to say that I was not allowed to have "boyfriends" or a "baby daddy" living with me and that he would be out to inspect monthly.

Bullstuff! I withdrew my application and will never attempt to do business with them again.

@PissedConsumer513743

I've been dealing with them on the leasing end. L and B Management Firm is UNPROFESSIONAL.

And SEXIST. The owner of the building where I rent is a *** and keeps saying he hired L and B to manage the place ... but all they're doing is collecting money. It's a racket.

It's also illegal. They'll find out the hard way.

View more comments (1)
ID
Maineville, Ohio
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article