Lay-away.com

PEOPLE BE WARNED ABOUT LAY-AWAY.COM ROBERT HOLLAND AND HIS COMPANY ARE ***-ARTIST,AND CROOKS.THEY TOOK MY MONEY FOR 3MONTHS,CHARGE ME RESTOCKING FEE AND NO PRODUCTS.STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!! THEY WON'T RETURN E-MAILS, ONCE THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY FORGET ABOUT IT, YOUR DONE,i put laptop on lay-away.com they change product description and did not have the item at all when they told me i have to wait 4 months for product, and it was NOT the same laptop. so i canceled my order and had to wait for a refund almost 4 months later!!
ID
#220761 Review #220761 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Kirkland, Washington
Loss

Lay-away.com

I can't reach these people and I can't get my order shipped. All paid for and NOTHING!!! They won't return my emails, there is no phone number or street address. I want my purchase and it looks like I won't be getting it. Really really pissed off. I can't even find them anywhere when I search for them online. They have a chat session but of course no one is available. How can they take my money if they are not in business. This just goes to show you, you cant trust anyone anymore. Don't buy from them

Owner is ROBERT HOLLAND out of Chicago. The business is closed, but the portal is still open and accepting money.

Total and complete FRAUD. The business is registered in Cook County, Illinois. The address on file is 500 E 33rd St #1004

Chicago, IL 60616 ‎(presumably residence of Mr. Holland).

Phone number is 877-804-****.

I was out $327, but small claims court with travel costs would cost me well over $300. Not worth it. Mr Holland understands this and therefore keeps accepting payments.

The worst that would happen to him on many of these cases, is small claims court and a judgement to pay back. But given that most products are $500-$2000, and he probably collects twice as much per month, it wouldn't affect him. And how many people are actually suing him in sc court?

The best way to recuperate any monies, is an group effort, some kind of action law suit.

Other than that, accept that you were defrauded and move on.

Lesson learned.

I been Lay-away.com for few months making payments on my product so I decide to cancel my order now I can't get in touch with them to make a order cancellation tried to the support team that's never available left messages on there answering machine I even wrote sent it to the same place I been sending my payments the letter was sent back saying not known wow

I gave this site a try andI purchased an IPad. And I got it about a week ago, iam very pleased and happy. They do take a while to response back, communication is off.

Thank God I first read these reviews, when I googled lawawy this site came up w/several others and the ease and prices looked too good to be true.When I clicked on contact us there was no telephone number and a PO box that I had to really search to find. That sent a RED FLAG up for me and I deleted my online account profile I'd set up w/them and got the *** off their site. Thanx lets all keep reviews going they really do help whether good or bad.

I was recently thinking about using Lay-away.com. But after reading these comments I will take the safe road.

Maybe I will just use the breakdown of their layaway calculations and save the money myself lol. Thanks folks

I tried Lay-away.com. I paid my account off too early as it was before the 45 days and they cancelled my account and stated my last paymetn was not processed and that my two previous payments would be returned to my bank account the week of September 26th.

It hasn't reach the account yet. I have emailed them on this and so far no response.

Maybe whoever is running this needs the 45 days to get the product, but anyway, due to I paid off too early I got cancelled. You have to keep the layaway on for minimum 45 days.

:x Wow, these comments are very interesting. I did an order with lay-away.com.

Things turned out pretty good. Product delivery was on time and I was always kept up to date.

Sad to hear of these experiences, I thought it was a good site, though communication is off. It took a while on a contact response.

I placed a order with this firm, paid my first installment, and received no email acknowledgement or any kind of acknowledgement about the product, the payment or anything. I then made a second payment, with the same result.

Not a email showing the balance due, not a email showing the payment, nothing at all. I stopped paying and after a two months made an email inquiry as to whether my order was still active. After two weeks I received an email response stating that it is still active but that I should "hurry" and make another payment.

I find this very suspicious and extremely unprofessional. I fear this may be one lonely old guy collecting money in an apartment some where and if he has the money to go out and get your product when its all over, then you will be one of the lucky ones.

I just made my last payment there for a game system and I saw this review and it started to worry me. Hopefully, I will get the product soon and this is legit and not a scam.

I think Lay-Away.com is one guy who holds your money and then once your layaway is paid, he goes out and buys the product and ships it to you. His fees are small compared to elayaway but he doesn't communicate well.

I finally received my order after 3 weeks.

I sent several emails with no reply, then I filed a complaint with the BBB of Chicago and then I got a response and my order which was shipped from Amazon. This was not a good experience so I would not do business with this guy again.

View more comments (9)
ID
#205489 Review #205489 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Washington, District Of Columbia

I have a lay-a-way gary howell

i lay-a-way a safe the brochure had the price of 59.95 i paid 15.00 i received a statement the bill is 76.35 I would like to know why. my acct no. is 2553**** thank you gary i have order other products from you and i do have another lay-a-way but i do not want to be cheated i don't want to cause any problems with anyone but i do want what you advertised i have said all i need to say but if i have to have 100 words i guess i will keep typing.
Chicago, Illinois

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article