Failed Exam Because Of Outdated Test Pool

I tested this week for Element 9 GMDSS Radio Maintainer and failed. The test contained outdated questions. The FCC pools for Elements 7, 7R & 9 were updated as of last year. I have been using multiple study software packages, and all used the same question pool that was updated in 2013. The test presented me with the old question pool & I failed the exam. PSI/LaserGrade refuses to give my money back & keeps saying it was my fault, if I can actually get a human being on the phone. They just connect me to someone else, say it was the proctor's fault, my study materials are wrong - anything to deflect the issue & keep my money because it was a "reserved seat" fee that is non-refundable. After the delays in getting my GROL from them, I should have moved on. But it was the closest place to test. PSI/LaserGrade didn't emboss a seal on my Proof-Of-Passing so the FCC sent it back to me as invalid. I then had to get an embossed POP from them & mail that to the FCC - which was "a common mistake" according to PSI/LaserGrade. I have spent money on study materials, a $60 exam fee, 150 mile round trip to test and my time. All of that was for nothing. I won't be using PSI/LaserGrade in the future. I would rather drive a 600 mile round-trip to Dallas and take the test with National Radio Examiners than deal with these people. At least NRE uses updated software & will electronically batch file your passing test with the FCC as a courtesy. Beware. You have been warned.
ID
Loss

LaserGrade won't answer phone

I was trying to schedule an FAA ATP written test through LaserGrade, now known as PSI. They are the nearest testing center to me, so I tried them first simply for convenience. I called the testing center, and they informed me that I had to call the PSI(LaserGrade) office to set up the test. After two attempts and a half hour holding, I heard only music broken with the occasional message of how important my call is to them. I eventually got frustated with the automated system hold, and called back again. This time I selected the button for administration. They answered in short order, but simply said sorry, but they could not help me. She then said she would connect me with another number which should work quicker. Again, I spent about five minutes on hold until I realized I am just waisting my time with this most unprofessional service. I will now use their only other competitor, for which I must drive another two hours to get to. I have used LaserGrade before, years ago, but now they have sold to,or merged with PSI, and the service is so poor I can not even get in line to give them money! I called the test center back to let them know about my experience with their test provider, and she said that it is very common to be on hold for over 30 minutes just to speak to someone that can schedule a test. AVOID PSI(LASERGRADE) TESTING SERVICES AT ALL COSTS!

I agree - PSI is the worst ever. Even when you do get someone after holding for 20+ minutes, they say that can't help and transfer you again.

After 1 hour on the phone + holding and leaving 3 voicemail messages, you wanna shoot yourself.

why not allow scheduling the through the website or directly with the testing centers. It's a simple, yet good idea.

ID
Poplar Bluff, Missouri

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article