Las Cumbres Retreat Costa Rica - Cancellation Fee Review from Reston, Virginia

After I made a reservation and gave credit card info I found out there would be construction and noise at the retreat during my stay. I cancelled and they charged me a 50% cancellation fee on the all the dates even though they acknowledge there was construction that they never told me about. How can a ''Retreat'' be restful with construction happening? I do not recommend staying at this hotel in Costa Rica at any time as they are untruthful and unreliable. I did not stay there but had to pay their cancellation fee. Be careful before you go there.
#197880

I don't know what this person was complaining of. There is almost no place in the world where one can go where there will not be some sort of outside noise.

This is truly a person that no matter how good anything is; they will always find fault. Do not believe her "bad mouthing" of Las Cumbres. This place is a gorgeous, well managed sanctuary nestled in the lovely hillside of Escazu. I stayed at another so called surgical retreat last year when I had dental work and it was not only a less desirable place to stay, I quite frankly never felt safe--continual gun firing going off in the night, people screaming and loud cars zooming by at all hours of the night.

I am not only a Registered Nurse, I am a very experienced worldly traveler who has the common sense to know to bring my little sound machine to drown out offensive noises as well as a nice comfy set of soft, pliable ear plugs to use as needed.

The care I received after major surgery at Las Cumbres was second to none and at an unbelievably reasonable, all-inclusive rate along with friendly and professional staff who welcomed you like family--I just cannot understand why anyone could have a viable complaint but then as the old saying goes--"you can't please everyone, all the time, no matter how hard you try"; I guess this person is just one of "those people" that fit in that category! :roll

ID
Reston, Virginia

About

Summary

Las Cumbres Retreat Costa Rica is the primary surgery recovery retreat in Costa Rica. It works closely with the country's top plastic surgeons and dentists and provides surgery after-care possible. It has been taking excellent care of people for years. It is the only surgery and dental recovery retreat in Costa Rica with licensed nurses, a complete medical support staff, accommodations with deluxe rooms mini-suites and deluxe suites, pool and gardens, and centrally located just minutes to all doctor's offices, clinics and hospitals. Personal and medical care includes assistance with dressings and bandages, applying ice packs, administering topical medications and prescribed creams, monitoring vital signs as needed, following doctor's instructions for individual care, supervising prescription medicines, preparing soft foods, and much more. Las Cumbres Retreat Costa Rica is located in San Jose, Costa Rica.

Las Cumbres Retreat Costa Rica reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article