Larson Family Medicine & Medical Aesthetics: Consumers Beware

Consumers beware. This review is extremely detailed and a long read but worth it if it can save another consumer the same experience. I recently bought a Groupon offer for Juvederm from Larson Medical Aesthetics in Burien, Wa. I purchased the Groupon as it was a great price and I was going to visit the area in a couple of months. I did my research and called ahead to verify appointment availability as well as ensure they could provide additional services (Botox) during the same appointment. As I scheduled my appointment, I was excited and confident as my youth would soon be returned to me temporarily. When I arrived for the appointment I was overwhelmed with information related to a “better” product which offered permanent results. Upselling is a standard in today’s business therefore I would expect it. I agreed to have the more expensive product injected into my face as it was portrayed as offering the same results but with permanent effects: making it a better bang for my buck. The technician advised the product would offer everything Juvederm and Botox offered but with lasting results for years to come. At this point, the only thing I needed to decide was whether it made financial sense to pay the upfront cost associated with permanent results or pay yearly as my current regimen would continue to be metabolized by my body over time. I decided to commit to permanent results and I regret my decision. Although the technician boasted about the results I would achieve, I was very disappointed. I did not receive the injections in the physical locations agreed to nor are the results noticeable. It took about ten days for the swelling to go down before I could determine whether or not the injections were effective. When I reached out to Larson Medical Aesthetics I was advised they did not inject the ArteFill under my eye area as previously agreed upon. I was beyond frustrated in attempting to either receive compensation in the form of a partial refund or the services which should have been provided based on the agreement. I was advised by the owner I signed consent and registration forms therefore she would not refund me for any part of the service. She did not acknowledge that she did not place the injections in the areas agreed upon. The consent and registration forms were signed when I checked in to receive Juvederm and Botox however there was no additional paperwork once the staff recommended alternate treatment. I agreed to have ArteFill injected in the same areas (surrounding eye area and nasolabial folds) as I planned to receive Juvederm and Botox so it seemed this purchase would be a great investment in the long run. When I contacted the owner regarding no changes to my eye area I was advised she did not inject my eye area with ArteFill because I agreed to topical treatment. Why on earth would I pay six times the cost of Juvederm and Botox to only receive injections in one of the physical locations I came into the office to address? I attempted to reason with the owner however I was only given a generic answer. She advised I signed the consent and registration forms therefore she was unwilling to address my concerns without an additional appointment and expense of additional injections. I did not want additional injections, I only wanted what I paid for in the physical locations I requested the injections were placed. Why would I go back to the office and pay for a service I already paid for but did not receive? I did not expect a miracle however I did expect to receive exactly what I paid for. I just hope this review helps another consumer make an informed decision prior to considering this office for any service.
ID
Burien, Washington
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article