Apartment evicts elderly cancer patient, and tows his family's car!

My elderly parents have lived at waters edge in Bethlehem PA (managed by you) for nine years. They always paid their rent on time and never bothered anyone....they recently were notified that their lease will not be renewed and they have only a couple of months to vacate the Property. My father is terminally ill and bedridden and likely won't live that long anyway. His kids take turns now caring for him so that someone is there for him 24/7. So not only does he have to worry about where he's gonna live (should he by some miracle live that long) but today while his daughter was caring for him the apartment manager had her car towed! For no good reason and with No warnings. Wtf is wrong with people? You can't have just a tiny bit of compassion for an old man on his death bed and just let his family be with him while they still can? Now you have to send eviction notices and tow cars? These people are in their mid seventies and live one $1500 a month and then &350 to get the car back?. Wtf is wrong with this picture? Is this acceptable to you? Is this how we treat our elderly in America? I want you know I'm posting this all over social media as well as asking all my friends and all their friends to repost.

update...i posted this same thing on their facebook page, thinking maybe they'd get in touch, try to make amends. no.

instead they just deleted the post. nice.

@PissedConsumer1337435

Ha! they hired me and let me go after one and one half days.

Called me at home at 9pm and told me NJ was at "at will" state. Then I asked if I did anything wrong and he told me that "NO, I have an outstanding resume and asked all the right questions! I emailed owner DGardner@***.net and a mysterious payment appeared in my checking account. Not much but a few dollars with NO explanation!

Not nice people! Office was very unprofessional. Contact dept.

of the aging in PA. good luck!

View more comments (1)
ID
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Service
Larken Associates Apartment Rental
Reason of review
dying father evicted for no good reason!
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article