Advanced Reviewer

High quotes online for phones but pay almost nothing. They do NOT honor their quotes.

I had a 3 month old Iphone 5C 32gb that I wanted to sell in brand new condition. On or around 10/1/14, I found a website cashforiphones. I entered very specific information about my phone and got a quote for $265.00 that I screen printed for proof of the quote. I accepted the quote and the company mailed me a postage paid box. I took pictures of my phone and had 3 witnesses to it's brand new condition. I disabled the "find my phone" and followed all the instructions of this company and even included the charger which was not required. I got an email from the company on 10/16/14 stating they had received my phone. On 10/2614 I received a check in the mail from Laptop and Desktop Repair LLC for $42.00. I have filed a complaint with the BBB. They have 781 complaints filed against them as of today. Do not do business with this company. If you call their phone number it will just put you on hold indefinitely that is why I chose to file a complaint with the BBB.

Troll Post......yet another "story" ...you FAILED. You should have read the BBB reports before posting about it:

GOVERNMENT ACTION

On September 26, 2016, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia appointed Hays Financial Consulting, LLC as Receiver for the business.

On September 29, 2016, the Receiver took control and shut down the business.

According to the Receiver, its intention, subject to resolving a few issues, is to return as many unopened packages and devices as soon as possible.

¡ǝɟıן uı ǝɹnןıɐɟ ɐ puɐ ɹǝʇʇıɥsןןnq ɐ ɹnoʎ xnSdǝǝſ

Sanford, Maine
Product
Apple Iphone 5s Cell Phone
Pros
  • Claimed high pay out
Cons
  • Low pay out
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Laptop and Desktop Repair : Terrible process

Do not sell your device to Laptop and Desktop Repair. They quote you a much higher price online but pay only half of it. They have limited hours of customer service where you can call and get put on hold forever. They don't even have a direct line to call the purchasing department. You have to call customer service and then wait on hold again to reach the purchasing department. They completely lie in their advertising. They want to recycle my product and make money doing that paying me 50% or less. Avoid this company!!!! Do not waste your time with this company!
Pricing issue

There is a series of delaying tactics used at Laptop and Desktop Repair.

The quote you receive prior to sending your phone is just a bait. Once they have your phone in their possession, there is a never ending line of reasons why they can’t pay you what they initially offered. Stay away from Laptop and Desktop Repair, it is nothing, but trouble. The delaying tactics rely heavily upon the fact that you will try to call them as soon as you realize that you just have three days to reject their offer. When you do end up calling them, they put you on hold for over 45 minutes, transfer you through different departments and then eventually tell you that they can’t help you. Just save yourself from all this trouble and don’t send you device in.
Problems with payment

About

Laptop And Desktop Repair Pros and Cons

Pros: Claimed high pay out

Summary

Laptop And Desktop Repair is a team of technicians specializing in computer repairs. Laptop And Desktop Repair serves customers 7 days a week. Laptop And Desktop Repair specializes in PC, lap top, Mac, Desktop, and data recovery businesses. Laptop And Desktop Repair collaborates with local communities in Tacoma, Seattle, and Bellevue etc. On demand, Laptop And Desktop Repair offers onsite repair services with skilled technicians performing diagnostics and repairs in the office or at client’s home. Laptop And Desktop Repair is a Better Business Bureau accredited business.

Laptop And Desktop Repair reviews and complaints

Laptop And Desktop Repair is ranked 723 out of 1936 in Appliances and Electronics category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article