DO NOT HIRE LANGTON GROUP Woodstock IL

This company operates by the business model: "pay up front, accept whatever you get, bye bye". 1) Poor Communication - several emails left answered. 2) Poor quality of work - they were hired to kill weeds in a gravel driveway, required prior to paving with asphalt. Weeds appeared days later still alive. Tanner, who did the work, indicated someone would come by to check in a couple of days, yet Langton Group sent no one. No followup to see if their work succeeded. It failed. 3) Overcharged me Estimate doc showed hourly rate $67.00 and materials charge $100. Stefan Fraser asked for $318.00 up front, they charge door to door for travel. Actual job time was clocked by Tanner, who did the work, using a phone app that clocked the actual start and finish times as 1.5 hours. I SPECIFICALLY asked Tanner about this and he stated start and finish times. Actual charges should have been 2.25 hours at $67.00 ($150.75) plus materials ($100.00) for a total of $250.75. Therefore, having charged me $317.25 they overcharged by $67.00. I sent in two (2) emails saying I overpaid and asking for refund, both ignored (communication issue). In response they sent an invoice stating "PRE-PAID $318.00" and above 3.25 hours which was in excess. Using google maps I determined the ACTUAL travel time to be 17 minutes, and with round trip would be 34 minutes total. I also mentioned that any business wanting FUTURE business would charge that as 0.5 hours rather than rounding up to .75 hours. Even if they did round up travel to 0.75 hour the CORRECT hours billable would therefore be 2.25 hours. They billed 3.25, 1.0 hours in excess. My email response indicated they should charge no more than 2.5 hours, and that having pre-paid the amount demanded - via credit card - they owed me a refund. They have ignored my email (communication issue). I will be pursuing this with the Illinois Attorney General as a case of fraud. I regret not reading very negative reviews on Yelp and Facebook prior to hiring them.
ID
Rockford, Illinois
Service
Langton Group Pavement Installation
Reason of review
Pricing issue

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article