Langley Insurance - paid them but no insurance!

In January 2012, when I drove to the Langley Insurance office in Daphne, Alabama, I made my monthly auto-insurance payment which was due in a few days. While there, and since I was doing fairly well with money at the time, I decided to make an extra payment for February to avoid having to make the drive again. When February came, GMAC (the actual insurance provider) sent me a letter saying I owed money for February. Langley Insurance assured me they would resolve the issue. Long story short: 3 calls to Langley later, after being assured the issue would be resolved... I received a letter from GMAC notifying me that my auto-insurance policy had been canceled due to non-payment. I called GMAC and was told I would receive a call back later that day. 2 DAYS LATER I called GMAC because I never received their return call. Finally a GMAC rep resolved the issue for me, although if I had been in an accident during that imaginary lapse time period GMAC would have refused to pay. I also have not received confirmation of this remedy by mail as of yet because the issue was just "resolved" yesterday.
ID
Orange Beach, Alabama
Loss

Insurance Expert Talks

Exposed: Types of Insurance Scams and Fails

Mar 7, 2021

In this video interview, Charles R. Gallagher, an attorney, explains what sort of insurance fraud happens with consumers. Find out more about insurance fraud, the worst cases discovered, and how to protect yourself from insurance scam.

Charles
Charles

Charles R. Gallagher, an attorney and managing partner with Gallagher & Associates. His practice focuses on insurance litigation, foreclosure defense and consumer law.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article