Beware when using Booking.com!

We booked a European vacation. One of the places we selected was The Landmark Apartments / Landmark Hotel (their website is www.landmarkapartments.co.uk but their sign says "Landmark Hotel"). The room was a death trap. There was literally one way out - no fire escape, and the room was on the 3rd floor at the end of a long and narrow maze of hallways. We cleaned the room, put everything where it went, and they decided to charge us $130.00 (£80) for a tv remote. I personally put it in the place we found it, and why would we take a freakin' tv remote? Not sure if there was confusion between Indian Rupees and British pounds, but $130 for a freakin' remote? They lure you in with a good price and then they stick it to you as soon as you turn around. Sleep on a bench before you go to this place!

I recommend thinking twice before using Booking.com to rent any apartments, especially in Rome! We booked an apartment with them for Rome all in apartments.

On the contract with Booking.com it states the apartment takes either all the usual credit cards including Euro/Amex and Diners Club. So I gave them my credit card information and thought we were all set.

I then receive a note from the apartment broker who informs me they will only accept cash and/or bank transfer before we receive key. They also wanted all our personal information including passport ID numbers, which makes sense close to the travel date, but I was not giving out ID numbers eight months in advance. When I called Booking.com and told them of the situation they state there was nothing they could do, eventhough it was clearly stated on the Booking.com confirmation they accepted credit cards and if we choose to cancel we would be dinged from Rome All In a one night charge!!!

I have already called AmEx and will dispute any charges they try to impose.

Don't recommend Booking.com they do not support their customers even when the contract is not valid!! :(

ID
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article