Landmark Automotive Group - 2008 Ford Mustang Car Review

I drove 16 hours in two days to purchase a car from Landmark Ford. I told Landmark my budget and they agreed they could work with that amount. After arriving at Landmark Ford to finalize the deal we were given a final price witch was $1434 dollars more than the amount we first agreed upon. What a dirty move!! Also, they told me the a safety airbag recall had been completed. Bought the car to my local Ford dealership and found out the safety recall had not been done. They completely lied to me and took advantage of me! I am pissed off!! Just another crooked *** car dealership. Don't care who they hurt especially physically since the air bag recall was never completed. I am one pissed off customer! Hope you all burn in ***!!!
Product
2008 Ford Mustang Car
Pricing issue

Short Review on June 16, 2016

Work there just quit yesterday because of horrible mangement got called name an harassed now trying to get ahold of the owner Sean grant or human resources manger Kevin epley about getting paycheck or eligible for unemployment an they won't return my calls I'm so pissed I want them to contact me back
Chicago, Illinois
Work Experience or Job Application

Unethical dealership

I went to Landmark Auto Outlet looking for a different vehicle. The vehicle I was interested in, I was told was not available. I have been told by another employee of the same company that the vehicle IS still available. I ended up looking for a different vehicle, bought it and immediately when I got home began to have problems with it. The dealership keeps making dumb excuses and says there is nothing wrong with the car. I have had the vehicle checked at other places and there is definitely something wrong. A dealership should never sell someone a vehicle that has issues. I definitely over paid for the vehicle and NO ONE should ever buy from Benjamin Barnes or Landmark Auto Outlet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have first hand Knowledge of this event. Let me start by stating that we here at Landmark take pride in making sure our clients are taken care of before and after the sale.

This client submitted 10 leads on 3 different vehicles in the matter of 2 or 3 days. When the appointment was finaly set and the client came to the dealership we first talked about what she was looking for and looking to accomplish with her new vehicle purchase. She stated that she was looking to get a newer car that would get her good gas mileage but would be good in all weather conditions as she lives in the country and had to travel to get to the store etc... She also stated that she needed a vehicle that had lots of room for when her and her sister needed to "Move larger items".

We talked about the original car she was interested in (Mercedes Benz C250).

We explained to her that the vehicle was a rearwheel drive vehicle and that the car may not be what she is looking for to accomplish as far as a vehicle being safe to drive in all weather conditions. She then expressed an interest in a Jeep that she saw. We then proceeded to do a thoughough presentation of the Jeep and explained that the Jeep would still get her good MPG while offering her the 4X4 that she liked to give her the ability to travel in inclemit weather. She was very pleased with the size of the cargo area the Jeep offered and stated that she believed it was the right vehicle for what she was looking to accomplish.

We then asked her "If we can get the numbers where you need them to be, is this a vehicle you would love to own?" Her reply was "YES, I like the Jeep and think it will meet my needs."

About a week after she took delivery of her new Jeep, She contacted us stating that when she backed out of her driveway her breaks would squeek. We explained to her that this time of year (Very early Spring, late winter), that issue is kind of a common occurance. But, at that time we went ahead and made a service appointment to have our service department take a look at the jeep and to make sure that there was no issue with the breaks. Please Keep in mind that this vehicle is a 2015 Jeep with 15,715 Miles at time of sale.

Our techs found nothing to be wrong with the Jeep. She proceeded to take the Jeep to 4 or 5 other mechanics and all have told her the same thing.

In regards to us harassing her and "Cursing" her, that has never taken place. Yes, we have sent emails asking how things were going and if there was anything we here at Landmark can do to further assist her. When she stated that she had a squeak in her breaks we called her and we were accused of selling her a vehicle with "Issues".

We calmed the situation and found out when would be a good time for her to bring the Jeep in to be looked at by our techs.

A week later, we recieved an email stateing that we are a horrible business. At this point we again picked up the phone and called to try to resolve the issue. She stated "I have been to four or five other mechanics and they are all telling me the same thing, there is nothing wrong"

We have tried to accomidate Ms. Campbell in every way.

We are sorry that she feels this way but, we have done everything she as asked us to do. We do not deserve to have this report reflect negativly on us as we stick behind our vehicles and take care of our customers from start to finish.

Springfield, Illinois
Cons
  • Unethical
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article