DON'T RENT AT 5 Griffin Street, Derry, NH

Just a HUGE heads up.... Whatever you do, save yourselves from trying to rent from 5 Griffin Street in Derry, NH. Heat and hot water is supposedly included. Landlord does whatever they want and they'll take your money without following through on tenant's requests or concerns. Heating in the top unit was the biggest concern for my bird, my guests, and myself. I was told that they spoke to other landlords and construction people and were all sooooo baaaaffleddd. Then they proceeded on by bringing me a new electric heater which would be going off of my electricity bill. Make any sense? Don't think so! They'll lie to you and say "oh maybe it's all in your head" basically even when there's proof and evidence. Like mice.... yup those came up into my apt while I was over my parents for a week watching over their house. And I was told by previous tenant living on 2nd floor of the mice presence, which the landlord decided to tell me they've never heard such a thing happening there even though they were informed multiple times from the other tenant. Or when I told them there was snow inside my window coming in from the outside. They said maybe it's frost from the toasty apartment. I've lived in New England for 17 years and have seen snow since I could remember, how could anyone with that much experience with snow confuse that with frost?? I have pics of the snow in my window to prove their insanity. Landlord doesn't seem to know much about their building or at least interested to know. They just collect our money and move on. I've reported them a handful of times to the health department individual who works at the town hall regarding the heating and other things. I'm not the only tenant that was not satisfied with these two landlords! Two tenants moved out before even finishing up their full year at the apartment home. And the other gave me good warning signs and suggestions. Now I'm passing that on to all of you!!! So think twice before renting at 5 Griffin Street in Derry, you'll thank me and yourselves!!

This was a great apt. When I lived, there, the landlords were great!!

Far from being slum lords. I bet the person that posted this was a problem tenant!

Well I think just because they could be very nice doesnt mean they cant be slumlords. Ive heard from friends of landlords appearing to be someone they arent too til after you sign their lease.

This seems like good advice right here. Just saying

I find this review very strange, as I rented from these landlords. They were very nice, and were both very professional.

I lived in the same apartment on the top floor, and I had a great experience. The place was warm, the landlords were wonderful and very attentive, there was never a mice problem. The landlords came immediately when I had a problem. Most of us had lived in the building for years.

The only reason I moved was because of a job change. I often spoke to the other tenants and no one was complaining about anything. I find the above review really hard to believe!!!

I would rent from these landlords again and would highly recommend this building and this apartment to anyone. I don't know where this person is coming from??????

View more comments (2)
ID
Derry, New Hampshire
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article