UNAUTHORIZED CREDIT CARD CHARGES

BEWARE of UNAUTHORIZED CREDIT CARD CHARGES. My husband cancelled a future stay 2 months in advance after a disagreement with the owner Casey. The owner held a grudge, kept our bank card on file and charged us for the cancelled stay 2 months later. Over the last year I have learned from other consumer victims that this is a common practice of this motel. This motel takes all reservations and cancellations via "verbal agreement," therefore the consumer loses all rights due to no paper trail of the transaction. The motel gets a double win by charging your credit card AND booking the room again for the same dates, for proof read other negative reviews. So far my husband and I have reported this business to our credit card institution, the local Chamber of Commerce(motel not a member) and the Better Business Bureau. The feed back so far from each report is... I regret to inform you the Owner & Manager (Casey and his girlfriend MaKenzie) have avoided all contact attempts therefore we have to close your case. Simply put this business gets away with scamming consumers because they conveniently do business on a verbal agreement therefore setting up the scam and stripping the consumer and of ANY RIGHTS. In the last year I have discussed this incident with other local business owners and discovered wonderful businesses that would never do this to hard working people just trying to enjoy a vacation in this beautiful area. Please protect yourself and support one of the many other honest mom & pop lodging/home rental business in this area. Here are some business my husband and I now recommend after doing business with them ...Gogebic Lodge Resort, AJ's Walleye Lodge, Tom's Rentals www.tomstrailreport.com , The Root Cellar, and Fishtales Resort.
ID
Charging my credit card without authorization 2 months after a cancelation
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article