DONT BUY

I took my 2018 Ford Focus to the Lake Elsinore service department on Tuesday and later in the afternoon I was told my ESP denied coverage for a part and the service adviser said he did not understand why EPS denied the coverage. Ford gave me the telephone number to ESP and I called. I spoke to some guy that would not give me any information about my own plan!!!!! He said he could not tell me why my claim was being denied. Why is it that they took my money for this ESP policy yet WONT TELL ME WHY THEY DENY a claim. I told the ESP rep to let me talk to a supervisor and he said he was not available. HOW CAN THEY NOT HAVE A SUPERVISOR AVAILABLE!!!!! I told him his supervisor better call me back or I will file a complaint with the state of California. Today I got a telephone call from a “Shawn ID 219****” who claimed he was the supervisor. This person sounded like the guy I spoke too yesterday and when I asked him if he was the guy he said no and that I spoke with a “Mark”. Anyhow this so called supervisor said the part was not covered because my car was “passed the bumper to bumper coverage” but would not say why if ESP extended coverage would not pay for the part. I requested to speak with a supervisor and he said there was “no one else” he was “the top person and I could not talk to anyone else”. I will be contacting the BBB in California and will be filing a complaint with the state!!! This is ridiculous how can there not be a supervisor available when a customer requests to talk to him/her and how can a single person claim to be the “top person” if this person is not the Present/CEO of the company

You need to read the Extended warranty policy to see what is covered and when, plus what procedures it has for complaints, disagreements, etc. with their coverage, etc.

And, of course complain to the state and appropriate federal agency. I am, however a bit confused as to the company you bought the extended warranty from. Is it from Ford direct or some other third party warranty service?

If it wasn't a Ford extended warranty, then Ford itself has no control over the coverage. That's between you and this unknown company.

ID
Service
Lake Elsinore Ford Auto Claim
Cons
  • Say they will cover a claim then wont and wont tell you why
Reason of review
Warranty issue
Loss
Preferred solution
cover the labor and part. have your employees go through real training!!!

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article