Terrible experience with Lake Charles

Normally, I never respond with reviews at all but felt a strong need to communicate the horrible experience I encountered by using this moving company. The move was originally suppose to take place at 9 o'clock Saturday morning. My elderly mother and father were moving into a retirement community. I researched local moving companies in the Lake Charles are and decided to go with Lake Charles Movers. I received a call late Friday night informing me that the movers would not be able to be there at the scheduled time. We were then told they would arrive between 10-11 am on the scheduled Saturday. Once again, we received a call saying they were delayed and would not be there at the scheduled time. I spoke with the owner of the company who preceded to see if I personally could rent a truck and he would find some movers to use that truck. This sounded bizarre to me as I hired movers so I wouldn't have to go through this process. Needless to say, this didn't work out. And then again the owner assured me that his movers would be there at 10 o'clock sharp on Sunday morning. Once again, my elderly mother and father waited to no avail as the movers once again did not show up at the scheduled time. After speaking with several employees of this company, all of whom assured me we would solve this problem. I was then told that the movers would be there between 2-3 on Sunday. Once again, the movers were a no show. After specifically speaking with the company driver, he assured me that he and his crew would be there promptly at 4 pm. Once again, no drivers showed at the scheduled time and refused to answer their cell phones after the fact. After speaking with the general manager of the company, who offered no solutions, we found another company who was able to schedule us for Monday. So I canceled Lake Charles Movers after this horrific weekend. What I found odd about Lake Charles Movers is that they only have a dispatch office in the local area and everyone I spoke with, including management and drivers were from the New Orleans/Mandeville area. I could go on and on about how dissatisfied my family was about this experience, but please consider my next point before you make a decision on a moving company. I would highly discourage anyone using this company in any capacity as they were unreliable, untruthful, and down right unprofessional. I hope this review prevents your family from having a horrible moving experience.
ID
Sulphur, Louisiana
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article