LaFontaine Ann Arbor - Dishonest Used Car Dealer

Test drove a 2000 Expedition last week. It needed the gear shift lever repaired. They said they would fix it and we would be the first in line to buy the vehicle. Our salesmen Jason Law said he would call the next day and let us know how the repair was going. No follow up call was made, so I called several days later on Monday morning 5-6-13. I spoke with Jason on 5-6-13 and was told it was still in the shop and he would update me during they day. Jason did just that, calling 4 times to let me know what was happening with the repair. Once again, I was told we would be first in line to purchase the vehicle. As soon as we were told it was ready and out of the service shop we were at the dealer within an hour. I put down a $500 deposit for a camper as we now would have a tow vehicle. We spent over hour looking over it, test driving it and were in the process of buying the vehicle when we were told they just took a $1500 deposit from another customer who was at the dealership, and we could not buy it. The Sales Manager John Nabozny, the Pre-Owned Sales Manager Stuart Herrell and Salesperson Jason Law were aware we were on the lot, looking at it. We test drove it before the other buyer, as we saw him driving it after we left the dealership. We had the money with us and were going to purchase it for cash. We were lied to, and this was taken right from under us after MULTIPLE conversations saying we were the ones having the work done. We had a verbal agreement which LaFontaine violated. I informed them I had now lost a $500 deposit, and they could care less. Stuart Herrell the Pre-Owned Sales Manger didn't care that I lost $500 and told us "this sometimes happens". My 11 daughter year old is now in tears, thinking we were getting our truck & camper this week. Why didn't Stuart Herrell tell the man who was trying to buy it at the same time that we were in line almost a week ago? Worst customer service EVER. "The Family Deal"? Really - I didn't realize you treated your family like this. Glad I am not a LaFontaine!
ID
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article