LadyParts Automotive=No friend to the ladies

Consumer Alert: LadyParts Automotive Services on 3033 Middlefield Rd Redwood City, CA 94063...targets woman who don't know anything about cars and takes advantage. This garage led me to believe they could fix my transmission for cheap when they could not fix it at all. Before they told me they could not fix my transmission they sold me $1,000 in repairs for things I would not have fixed if knew the truth about my transmission. A reputable dealer told me that all I needed was for Lady Parts Auto to fill my car with oil and to send it to a shop with the skills to fix my transmission. Instead, I was taken advantage of. The repair that they did attempt to fix was an oil leak… but they then FAILED TO PUT OIL IN MY CAR. THEY THEN DROVE MY CAR WITHOUT OIL fifteen miles. This is was a witnessed and documented fact from a reputable dealer. I have since contacted the Auto Review Board and the Better Business Bureau. I am prepared to show them the documentation proving what I am saying is true. I tried to resolve this issue after they jerked me around for weeks, telling me they would give my money back but never doing it. This garage is dishonest and joke when it comes to quality workmanship and service. Ladies, do not fall for it.

We understand that car repair can be frustrating. Rachel has never been to the shop.

Rachel's vehicle was towed in because it was not drivable, would not accelerate, and was running very rough. The check engine light was also on. This was the first time we had seen this vehicle, it had a badly leaking valve cover gasket. This damaged components under the intake manifold causing the check engine light and the rough running.

We repaired the initial problem and when the vehicle was able to be driven it was then discovered that the transmission wasn't shifting correctly. When my technician drove the vehicle on the freeway it was noted that the car would not shift past 3rd gear.

Because the customer was concerned with cost, we suggest that the customer take the vehicle to the dealer because we wanted her to have definitive confirmation of the exact problem with the transmission and not do any unnecessary costly repairs. She agreed.

Total bill was $848.14 w/ tax.

Because she just moved from out-of-state, she had no one who could help take the vehicle from our shop to the dealer. As a courtesy, we agree to help her and deliver the car to the dealer. Out of concern that Rachel stated we had driven her car without oil, we went to the dealer and they allowed us to check the vehicle and take a video of the vehicles condition as proof that we did not damage Rachel's car. We informed her of this fact.

We did not agree to give her the money back when we did exactly what she wanted us to do and would have been happy to re-inspect the vehicle with her to prove we were not taking advantage of her. We have never received a call from the BBB.

We work very hard to provide a safe honest experience for our customers. This situation is unfortunate. We can't see what isn't there.

We can't find a problem that happens when the vehicle is driven at a speed when the vehicle is towed in and can't be driven safely up to speed. Again, this was the first time we had seen this vehicle, it had a badly leaking valve cover gasket, damaging components.

Regular vehicle inspections would have caught the leaking valve cover gaskets. Proper maintenance and inspection saves money and frustration in the long run.

#520821

Lolita, you are listed in Yelp as a friend of LPA owner Mae. I wouldn't put it past this being a secondary account by one fo the fine employees there.

You're funny. Almost as funny as how y'all manipulate Yelp and other online reviews and awards. Sad.

LPA messed up our car. They didn't admit to it.

Took them to court. We won, they lost, what a pain in the *ss.

@PissedConsumer520821

To clarify, we settled the one case that we had to deal with. It was not worthwhile for us to close the shop.

Instead, we opted to pay the settlement which was less than half of what the claimant had asked for. We choose our battles.

It's obvious some women just can't be helped. I have been a customer at LadyParts Auto since it opened they are professional and HONEST for sure.

I have been screwed over so many times it's refreshing to deal with them. I work with women and I can attest to the fact that some women really just can't be helped, love to be victims and are BAD customers. Get a clue lady, I doubt that actually happened with these people.

They have great reviews. Are you sure you aren't just one of those people who can't be helped.

View more comments (3)
ID
San Francisco, California

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article